Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Rufus Declared Bankrupt

Comments

• Options

How does a Christian Centre in Walthamstow have £5m just laying around to 'invest'?!?!?!

Must have had the legendary Creflo T. Dollar down there doing some pretty fine shake downs of the gullible and gormless.
  • Options

How does a Christian Centre in Walthamstow have £5m just laying around to 'invest'?!?!?!

No coins allowed when they do a collection. Don't want any scratches on the gold plated plates.
  • Options

Turning water into wine
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Must have had the legendary Creflo T. Dollar down there doing some pretty fine shake downs of the gullible and gormless.
    Any excuse to post this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQdIiEUFtqk
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear. Doesn't sound good does it.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Don't understand the link between a bankruptcy hearing and "fraud charges". The former is a civil matter; the latter criminal. Surely the OR would have passed any fraud allegations on to the police or FCA to deal with?
    As ever with a Daily Fail article, there's more left out than put in.

The hearing is for a Bankruptcy Restrictions Order, which will be applied for if dishonesty (or recklessness) is suspected in the dealings of the individual concerned (whether directly or through his company). It's possible either or both would apply if what I've read is anywhere near accurate.

The order itself is potentially wide ranging in the restrictions that would apply, but generally they're there to stop him taking any kind of responsibility for or in an organisation without the court's permission.

I believe you're correct that the court won't hear 'fraud charges' per se, but it will likely hear accusations of fraud/dishonesty which may or may not end up in a criminal court.
  • Options

So the roof, the roof, the roof is on trial?

This deserves more lols!
  • Options

ain't my money

Trust you checked your bank statement before you made that remark...

...and, more seriously, what's your point? That you don't mind if there's major fraud/theft going on (allegedly m'laud). as long as it's other people who are victims?
  • Options
    Has the amount that Elliott lost come out yet? Did any other Charlton players invest in Rufus?
  • Options

ain't my money

...and, more seriously, what's your point? That you don't mind if there's major fraud/theft going on (allegedly m'laud). as long as it's other people who are victims?

I guess the answer is yes, it means nothing to me, should it maybe I spose but unfortunately I don't care as much about it as I would if the offence was of a different nature,

I have an amount of sympathy to the victims and should he be found guilty he will be punished accordingly and I won't be bothered by that either

• Options

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away ....
  • Options

ain't my money

I guess the answer is yes, it means nothing to me, should it maybe I spose but unfortunately I don't care as much about it as I would if the offence was of a different nature,

I have an amount of sympathy to the victims and should he be found guilty he will be punished accordingly and I won't be bothered by that either

In all fairness most people that lose money on schemes that sound too good to be true are probably going to struggle to get much sympathy. If one believes that they can get ten times the normally expected return on an investment they must realise that there is an element of risk, and if they don't then they have no one else to blame.

I know if a way to turn £1 into £millions in less than a week. I'll share it with you, and I won't even ask for a cut of the investment or the return. Shhhh, don't tell everyone or they'll all want some. Buy a lottery ticket.*

*Please note that all investments can go down as well as up and one can lose their entire stake if the investment does not hit the required criteria!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ain't my money

In all fairness most people that lose money on schemes that sound too good to be true are probably going to struggle to get much sympathy. If one believes that they can get ten times the normally expected return on an investment they must realise that there is an element of risk, and if they don't then they have no one else to blame.

I know if a way to turn £1 into £millions in less than a week. I'll share it with you, and I won't even ask for a cut of the investment or the return. Shhhh, don't tell everyone or they'll all want some. Buy a lottery ticket.*

*Please note that all investments can go down as well as up and one can lose their entire stake if the investment does not hit the required criteria!
    Lottery tickets are £2 now
  • Options
    Hell fire and damnation from the USA. I just hit upon this site whilst surfing - they are not fans.
    http://richardrufusponzi.com/
  • Options
    It's easier for a Millwall fan to pass up a fight than for Richard Rufus to enter Heaven after "losing" Church money.
  • Options

Hell fire and damnation from the USA. I just hit upon this site whilst surfing - they are not fans.

Wow
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Wow
    Yes seen them before, maybe AFKA should contact them and see if they would like to join CL
  • Options

It's easier for a Millwall fan to pass up a fight than for Richard Rufus to enter Heaven after "losing" Church money.

Simon Church was an investor too?
  • Options
    Apparently the Barclays Foreign Exchange department have offered Rufus a job...
  • Options
    Anyone know what sort of punishment/time could be done if found guilty of something like this?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Anyone know what sort of punishment/time could be done if found guilty of something like this?

• Options
    Sad if true. Some 'Black majority' churches have copied the so-called Prosperity Gospel that U.S TV preachers spout.