Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal fans

Is it really only me who has suddenly started to get annoyed by them?

Mainly because nearly every single one I know wanted Wenger out a day before he signed Ozil, and felt the same way when they lost opening day to Villa. Now they've completely changed their tune. Oh, and not one attends matches (of the ones I know). They're starting to sound like the Man United tossers; and that's never good.

I may be on my own though...

Comments

• Options
    Always hated rthe mugs I am with goonerhater burn the lot of them
  • Options
    They don't know or care about any football other than Arsenal and the ref is always against them.

Seriously, we all know supporters of many clubs and in my experience over the past thirty years they have been the most narrow-minded.
  • Options
    they put the word The before their team its

The arsenal this the arsenal that

bunch of pretentious mugs
  • Options
    Haha well at least two of you know where I'm coming from.
  • Options
    Yep, always. Gobshites.
  • Options
    Up THE addicks!!
  • Options
    Can understand their frustrations of years of profit-making being made the priority over the teams' quality.

Most of the fans (and most fans of top 4 + Liverpool teams) are tools though.
  • Options
    Goonerhater is buying extra petrol cans as we speak.
  • Options
    Some of the worst "fans" in football. Pompous plastic morons.

'Starting to get annoyed?' Still working on being able to ignore them.
  • Options
    Got four mates that have season tickets, none wanted Wenger out. I like Arsenal and much prefer Gooners to Spurs and Chelsea, the vast majority of whom are the real "plastic" fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know at least a dozen arsenal fans. To my knowledge, only one of them actually goes to watch them.......................about 3 times a season.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    se9addick said:

Got four mates that have season tickets, none wanted Wenger out. I like Arsenal and much prefer Gooners to Spurs and Chelsea, the vast majority of whom are the real "plastic" fans.

Fair enough SE9. However a lot of their fans seemed to echo the sentiments of this dickhead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

Wonder if he's changed his tune now? Course he has!
  • Options
    ^ Didn't realise MOG has a gooner for a brother...............
  • Options
    i know a few of them. none of them attend regularly. maybe go twice a season.

i find most supporters of the top teams can be real pompous twats. doesn't help with all the media coverage they get. that bale transfer during the summer really hit home how pathetic our football media is. the whole drawn out affair was just nauseating.
  • Options
    Fancy them wanting the club to spend some of the millions they have in the bank to better themselves!!

Must be right weirdos!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Fancy them wanting the club to spend some of the millions they have in the bank to better themselves!!

Must be right weirdos!

Calling for the head of the man who is THE reason they have said millions? That's more weird.
  • Options
    Spurs fans are a bajillion times worse in my experience. The Sheffield Wednesday of London.

Plaaayer said:

Must be right weirdos!

Calling for the head of the man who is THE reason they have said millions? That's more weird.
    I can understand the frustration of arsenal fans, the board were saying that they were quite happy to spend money. It was Wenger who was saying he didn’t need to: “We don’t buy stars, we make them.”
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i'm sure most of these said arsenal fans would go a lot more if it was £300 for a season ticket or £50 for their u-11 for a season ticket or it was easy enough to turn up on the day and buy a ticket for £25 but it isn't at arsenal and thats the difference

don't forget their vocal minority is a lot bigger than ours and naturally people would rather hear what arsenal fans view of their club is than what our fans view of Charlton is and the odd freak at our place wanted Curbs gone and SCP on his way

I hate the way we think we're superior as supporters cos we support a chuffy club as opposed to a successful one, we have a few fans that hardly ever go as well but that's ok cos we're crap ..... they have a lot more fans who can hardly go but that's because they are a much bigger club and it's not as simple or as cheap to go see the odd game at arsenal
  • Options
    But atleast the pansies from white heart lane don't say

The tottenham

Who the feck do arsenal fans think they are putting the word The in front of their two bob muggy club

Even the media call them it ffs
  • Options
    Tottenham fans are much much worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hate the way we think we're superior as supporters cos we support a chuffy club as opposed to a successful one, we have a few fans that hardly ever go as well but that's ok cos we're crap ..... they have a lot more fans who can hardly go but that's because they are a much bigger club and it's not as simple or as cheap to go see the odd game at arsenal

Pretty much this. Most major football clubs will have some right old tools as fans. I have two friends who are Arsenal fans, one has the most balanced and informed opinions on football I know, the other is slagging the manager off before a ball has even been kicked.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Tottenham fans are much much worse.

This and this. I know loads of Arsenal fans. None of them wanted Wenger out.
  • Options
    Shock horror fickle football fans. Who would have thought.
  • Options
    I like going to CL games up there and not being bothered about the result, a lad who works for me and has a couple of seats so manage 4/5 a season.

Here in the Knebworth/Welwyn Garden area they have the majority of support. Those that go are just like any other match going supporters and care only of the fortune for thier own team and misfortune of thier rivals.

I still find Utd/Liverpool shirt wearing sky pub watching self proclaimed football experts "Charlton, what league are they in now?" and born again Stevenage Boro fans "I used to watch Arsenal every week but turned my back on the modern game" (as opposed to its cheaper and more accessible) more annoying but thats another topic entirely..

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Worked with a couple a few years back who were pretty arrogant when it came to football matters but I guess it's who you know and where you live that will determine how you feel about other clubs fans.
  • Options
    I have quite a few Arsenal supporting mates in London. Those that can afford to go to the game do. They are all good, level headed people who support their team through thick and thin. I think The Arsenal are ok. Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, United, The Spurs and Citeh.......that's different.
  • Options

i'm sure most of these said arsenal fans would go a lot more if it was £300 for a season ticket or £50 for their u-11 for a season ticket or it was easy enough to turn up on the day and buy a ticket for £25 but it isn't at arsenal and thats the difference

don't forget their vocal minority is a lot bigger than ours and naturally people would rather hear what arsenal fans view of their club is than what our fans view of Charlton is and the odd freak at our place wanted Curbs gone and SCP on his way

Excellent post!
  • Options

Is it really only me who has suddenly started to get annoyed by them?

Mainly because nearly every single one I know wanted Wenger out a day before he signed Ozil, and felt the same way when they lost opening day to Villa. Now they've completely changed their tune. Oh, and not one attends matches (of the ones I know). They're starting to sound like the Man United tossers; and that's never good.

I may be on my own though...

Bit harsh to judge all fans on the selection you know....all of whom are armchair supporters.

If you were to take 10 armchair Charlton fans (& you must have 10,000 of them who are missing from The Valley), then they will probably also have very odd views of Powell and the team.

I know 4 Arsenal season ticket holders, all speak more sense than those who don't go.
  • Options
    These threads about hating people because they happen to support a different Club from you make me laugh. They are just people, love their kids, hate war, struggle to pay their bills, love and hate TV programmes, just people. That Doctor who saved your life, the Nurse who looks after your Nan, the policeman who rescued your kid from a bunch of yobs, who do they support ? Our football Club is massively important in our lives, but lets keep some common sense here please.
  • Options
    I read a thread on here showing how many of us are desparately seeking work. Imagine you go for an interview and some prat says ' who do you support, Charlton, sorry mate you wouldn't like it here, on your bike.' Get a life.