Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    are you not going to comment on Liang cheating @paulie8290 surprised you haven't mentioned it
  • Options
    are you not going to comment on Liang cheating @paulie8290 surprised you haven't mentioned it
    Haven't seen it so cant comment 
  • Options
    Haven't seen it so cant comment 
    Looks very clear cut.  Hit a red with his cue but didn't declare the foul.  Ref must be on loan from the EFL to have missed it.
  • Options
    Just seen it now and yeah its clear cut as john says not the first time Liang hasn't called a foul on himself and whilst thats obviously his choice its not really in line with the sport.

I do wonder if it would even have impacted the frame tho, looking at it I think there was another couple of safety shots after that before Liang got in with his break, so even of Liang had called the foul it would have been 4 points for Fegal but that was probably it.

But as I say you still expect him to call to foul on himself 
  • Options
    World Championship Qualifiers 
    End of first session 

Martin Gould 6-3 Graeme Dott 
  • Options
    Just seen it now and yeah its clear cut as john says not the first time Liang hasn't called a foul on himself and whilst thats obviously his choice its not really in line with the sport.

I do wonder if it would even have impacted the frame tho, looking at it I think there was another couple of safety shots after that before Liang got in with his break, so even of Liang had called the foul it would have been 4 points for Fegal but that was probably it.

Yeah its just a bit crazy in a decider, regardless in snooker you always expect someone to call it. You never know whether it would have affected the outcome and he did hit a brilliant 141 just leaves a bit of a sour taste, even in real time i was like surely thats a foul the way he played it was obviously he was going to hit something, no way of avoiding it at that pace. It is a shame i have always liked him, more for his style and he wears his heart on his sleeve but he goes down in my book after that now. 

End of first session 

TV game, i do think they have choose poorly throughout the qualifiers. The one for example they are both established and not the most exciting. They could have picked someone new or even one which is likely to be more exciting. Not a fan of their selections, kept picking Jimmy when he hasn't really got the game and just too much stop start these days. Thankfully when the real action is underway there is not too much overlap? (hopefully)
  • Options
    End of first session 

Ian Burns 6-3 Mark King
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    End of first session 

Ian Burns 6-3 Mark King
    Controversy in this match too  :o Mark King 32 behind 35 remaining puts his cue on the table and goes to the toilet, rightfully so the ref re-racked the frame and he moaned when he returned he wasn't conceding. All the drama, but the ref is right pack your cue away or walk out mid frame surely he could have been clearer, funny enough its the same ref as the Liang incident. One might worry for their job 2 big high profile errors...

PS- I think it was at 3-2 to Burns to go 4-2/3-3 ,frame awarded to Burns. Only seen bits on twitter but doesn't look good from either the ref and particularly Mark King
  • Options
    End of first session 

Jamie Rhys Clarke 6-3 Akani Songsermsawad 
  • Options
    World Snooker Qualifiers 
    Results 

Anthony McGill 10-1 Sam Baird 

1 time Quarter finalist Anthony McGill is at The Crucible for the 6th year in row
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah its just a bit crazy in a decider, regardless in snooker you always expect someone to call it. You never know whether it would have affected the outcome and he did hit a brilliant 141 just leaves a bit of a sour taste, even in real time i was like surely thats a foul the way he played it was obviously he was going to hit something, no way of avoiding it at that pace. It is a shame i have always liked him, more for his style and he wears his heart on his sleeve but he goes down in my book after that now. 

End of first session 

TV game, i do think they have choose poorly throughout the qualifiers. The one for example they are both established and not the most exciting. They could have picked someone new or even one which is likely to be more exciting. Not a fan of their selections, kept picking Jimmy when he hasn't really got the game and just too much stop start these days. Thankfully when the real action is underway there is not too much overlap? (hopefully)
    It made no sense not to call a foul, he wasn't leaving a pot and if he was put back in he had an easy safety shot. Very odd but he has done it before.

Haven't seen the King incident but if you're going for a slash and not conceding you make 100% certain that the ref knows.
  • Options

End of first session 

It made no sense not to call a foul, he wasn't leaving a pot and if he was put back in he had an easy safety shot. Very odd but he has done it before.

Haven't seen the King incident but if you're going for a slash and not conceding you make 100% certain that the ref knows.

To be fair he was 31 behind with 35 on

The ref should have known he wasn't conceding as he isnt allowed to do so at that stage of a frame and if he had done would have been fined
  • Options
    Results

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 10-7 Liam Highfield 

Thepchaiya will be making his 3rd appearance in a row, having lost the last two in the first round and losing last year to eventual champion Judd Trump 10-9
  • Options
    Results 

Matthew Stevens 10-5 Ricky Walden

2 time World Championship runner up Matthew Stevens will be making his 17th appearance at The Crucible 

@WelshAddick can celebrate finally 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Results

Jordan Brown 10-6 Ryan Day 

32 year old Jordan Brown will be making his Crucible debut and also with this result also keeps his tour card 

@WelshAddick wont be celebrating this one 
  • Options
    Spot on Paulie. I can’t. Believe Ryan Days demise. On his day he is a top 8 player at worst 
  • Options
    Results 

Martin Gould 10-6 Graeme Dott

Martin Gould will be appearing at Sheffield for the 10th time, however he only has 2 previous wins there and both of those came against Marco Fu who isn't there this year
  • Options
    Results

Tom Ford 10-8 Stuart Carrington 

Surprisingly despite being a pro for so long this will only be Toms 4th appearance at The Crucible and he lost in round 1 on theast 3 occasions 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Results

Mark King 10-6 Ian Burns

This will be Mark Kings 15th appearance at The Crucible but his first since 2013 when he lost in the 2nd round 13-9 to Ding Junhui, in fact King has never made it past the 2nd round at the World Championships 
  • Options
    Results 

Jamie Rhys Clarke 10-7 Akani Songsermsawad 

25 year old Jamie Rhys Clarke will be the 5th and final player making his debut at the crucible this year and another player who was due to drop of the tour but will earn a new tour card by qualifying 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So thats what 3 players for you @WelshAddick

Williams 
    Stevens
    Clarke
  • Options
    Round 4(Judgement Day)
    Results 

Anthony McGill 10-1 Sam Baird
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 10-7 Liam Highfield
     Matthew Stevens 10-5 Ricky Walden
    Jordan Brown 10-6 Ryan Day
    Martin Gould 10-6 Graeme Dott
    Tom Ford 10-8 Stuart Carrington
    Mark King 10-6 Ian Burns
    Jamie Rhys Clarke 10-7 Akani Songsermsawad  
  • Options
    Cheers Paulie 
  • Options
    So here we have the full list of 32 players competing in this years World Championships in ranking order, the unseeded players have their ranking in brackets 

Judd Trump
    Neil Robertson
    Mark Williams
    Mark Allen
    John Higgins
    Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Mark Selby
    Kyren Wilson
    Stephen Maguire
    Shaun Murphy
    Ding Junhui
    Dave Gilbert
    Jack Lisowski
    Stuart Bingham
    Barry Hawkins
    Yan Bingtao

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh(20)
    Tom Ford(26)
    Matthew Stevens(31)
    Liang Wenbo(34)
    Anthony McGill(39)
    Noppon Saengkham(42)
    Kurt Maflin(43)
    Mark King(46)
    Anthony Hamilton(48)
    Alan McManus(53)
    Martin Gould(61)
    Elliot Slessor(69)
    Jordan Brown(74)
    Ashley Carty(82)
    Alexander Ursenbacher(86)
    Jamie Rhys Clarke(90) 
  • Options

End of first session 

To be fair he was 31 behind with 35 on

The ref should have known he wasn't conceding as he isnt allowed to do so at that stage of a frame and if he had done would have been fined
    I assumed he'd got the hump and stormed out or something. Anyway, looks like it might have spurred him on because he won the last 7.
  • Options
    Here is the World Snooker Championship draw
  • Options
    Yan Bingtao v Elliot Slessor 
  • Options
    Kyren Wilson v Anthony Hamilton 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
  • Options
    John Higgins v Matthew Stevens