Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Kyren Wilson recieves a bye

https://wst.tv/hamilton-pulls-out-for-health-reasons/

I would have liked them to call Scott Donaldson back as he lost to Hamilton in the final qualifying round
  • Options
    He has qualified for money firstly, i have no doubt he had no intention of playing. it is a shame as i think the World Championship should never really end up with a bye. Personally whoever withdraws should be replaced with the last person they beat naturally (lucky loser), I have read two sides of it but it just doesn't sit right pulling at out last minute , maybe he could have stated before. 

The other side is due to the pandemic they have missed out on several events to make the money, so its a tough one. But for the fans of the game noone wants to see a bye, when he qualified i actually saw alot of people pleased he got through and usually a bit of a fan fave, i think that might change slightly now... Not quite Liang though  ;)
  • Options
    You can't reinstate someone if they have lost, so it has to be a bye. It happened to me once, I lost in the semi final of Kent Championship and I went along on finals night because they used to do the presentation after and I'd also won the highest break prize. When I turned up I discovered the bloke who beat me had pulled out because he wasn't happy with the venue. The bloke who won it ended up playing the previous year's winner in a challenge match, and lost. So he was pissed off even though he was County champion and so was I.
  • Options
    You can't reinstate someone if they have lost, so it has to be a bye. It happened to me once, I lost in the semi final of Kent Championship and I went along on finals night because they used to do the presentation after and I'd also won the highest break prize. When I turned up I discovered the bloke who beat me had pulled out because he wasn't happy with the venue. The bloke who won it ended up playing the previous year's winner in a challenge match, and lost. So he was pissed off even though he was County champion and so was I.
    They have lucky losers in tennis
  • Options
    It possibly doesn't do Kyren Wilson much good either. 
  • Options

I don't get this, if Barry Hearn has even come out and said this why cant he offer Scott Donaldson a lucky loser place 
  • Options
    It's caused quite a stir on Twitter. 

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest.  I'm on the fence with this 
  • Options
    I don't think they should have spectators. Why is the Crucible deemed safe, an indoor arena with seating for about 900 and allowing 300 in, and yet Wembley   has to remain empty? Makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    I don't think they should have spectators. Why is the Crucible deemed safe, an indoor arena with seating for about 900 and allowing 300 in, and yet Wembley   has to remain empty? Makes no sense at all.
    Its a test event for fans really the government need to try and let fans in at some stage and figured this was a good chance.

Rather 300 people in the crucible at 3rd capacity then 30,000 people at Wembley at 3rd capacity lol

Smaller venue so its easier to limit numbers, I personally think its to early still but i guess if we want to be allowed back in football stadiums in October then it has to start somewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trump has massively gone up in my estimations lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53580678

I just love this quote

"I have been around the game long enough to know that if there is a World Championship coming up, he [O'Sullivan] is going to try to get the headlines

Which was exactly what I thought when I saw the BBC story about O'Sullivan, it was 2 days before the tournament was starting and people were not taking about him lol
  • Options
    To be fair to Ronnie he has been quite vocal about having crowds there for quite some time 
  • Options
    ANTHONY HAMILTON HAS PULLED OUT OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS DUE TO HEALTH CONCERNS

what was the point in him going through Qualifiers just to pull out, he knew a crowd was gonna be there its been known for a couple of weeks about 300 people were gonna be let in

Sam Craigie and Scott Donaldson will be fuming lol 
    I can't criticise him at all.  He's been saying for a few days he's not happy about the audience being there and now he's decided not to risk his health.  Yes, he could have decided earlier but have you never changed your mind?
  • Options

I don't get this, if Barry Hearn has even come out and said this why cant he offer Scott Donaldson a lucky loser place 
    I think Barry Hearn should learn to keep his gob shut occasionally.
  • Options
    Trump has massively gone up in my estimations lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53580678

I just love this quote

"I have been around the game long enough to know that if there is a World Championship coming up, he [O'Sullivan] is going to try to get the headlines

Which was exactly what I thought when I saw the BBC story about O'Sullivan, it was 2 days before the tournament was starting and people were not taking about him lol
    As ever Team Ronnie here, they have been very strict in previous events. There shouldnt be a crowd really, whilst i do think its bad for the game Hamilton pulling out, but its his choice and Barry Hearn has gone way OTT publicly slating him, Hearn is a self centred twat and only worried about selling tickets, making money and not the players.

Anyway moving on, not long now! i am looking forward to it, Trump v Ford could be a good game to kick off with.
  • Options
    Looking forward to it.  Trump still the man to beat IMO

Any score predictions @paulie8290 Just for fun?
  • Options
    I don't rate Ford at all, I don't think I've ever seen him play well. Trump will have a slightly more difficult first round than Wilson. I hope he proves me wrong as I can't stand Trump.

• Options
    I'll go Trump wins 10-5 
    Bingham beats Carty 10-4
  • Options
    I don't rate Ford at all, I don't think I've ever seen him play well. Trump will have a slightly more difficult first round than Wilson. I hope he proves me wrong as I can't stand Trump.

I didn't and dont particularly like him but know he can turn up, has a few 147 so his scoring isnt the problem. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Not really sure about scores think it will depend how players adjust

Players like Trump haven't played for a month now, and how will players like Carty cope in fact how wil everyone cope with the weird setup 

What i will say is the odds are ridiculous imo

Things like Selby being 1/14 against Jordan Brown 
    Or Bingham 1/12 against Carty 

Its not like the players they are against have no chance, like I said I think its all about how these players cope with the circumstances 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here we go
  • Options
    I dont expect Trump to have too big a problem against Ford, but the opening day at the crucible has a habit of doing funny things to defending champions 
  • Options
    147 alert 4x blacks 5 reds lol
  • Options
    It's definitely on now 
  • Options
    Early 147 alert

8 reds
    8 blacks

Tom Ford
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    reds are well placed