Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    I think paulie might be off now, so ill update the scores where possible
    3-1 Bingham goes into the interval
    Trump pulls back another to make it 3-2 to Ford
    Cheers just came on here to say I left mine about 10 minutes ago so my updates are done till this evening

Enjoy the snooker everyone 
    No worries mate saw you hadn't been on, hope the funeral goes as well as possible. 

Ford takes another to go 4-2 up, knocks in a long red and a break of 140 , 1 century a piece now,
  • Options
    Ford guaranteed to be ahead going into the 2nd session, 61 does the damage early
    Tom Ford 5- 2 Judd Trump
    2 frames left to play of this session
  • Options
    Boris just announced All planned testing events with crowds have been postponed following a rise in cases. 

Does that affect the snooker?
  • Options
    Boris just announced All planned testing events with crowds have been postponed following a rise in cases. 

I honestly dont know, i know Snooker was a demo for other sports indoors testing fans etc. are they going to change it now (no fans) or will they be allowed to just carry on. I will await to see the updates from people within snooker. 
  • Options

Shame Hamilton withdrew so early.

I'd have thought, in view of what happened to our own asthma suffer, Seb, no one on here would be criticising someone else with the same problem from looking after their health.
  • Options
    The irony if they play with no fans from here, would be such a shame for Hamilton. Already is but he would have been ok but he has now withdrawn so regardless Wilson goes through. 

Commentators just said they will update us when it becomes available and they are aware of Boris announcement. 
  • Options
    Bingham 3-2 Carty, another no over 50. looks a proper scrap over on table 2 but i am not watching just checking the live scores
  • Options
    On the train and just seen this World Snooker have said an announcement will be made shortly

My guess as from this afternoons session no fans will be allowed in
  • Options
    Trump pulls one back
    5-3 to Ford
    1 to play

Afternoon ones ill update maybe end of mid session intervals, seems a bit ott every frame lol 
  • Options
    We have a 50+ on the other table a 90 from Ballrun Bingham puts him 4-2 up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just like buses we have another 50+ on the other table.
    4-3 to Bingham, Carty with a century, first of the match on table 2.

Could be a big frame Trump sneaks another after a easy pink missed by Ford
    Trump 4-5 Ford, could have easily been a huge lead, hes had chances every frame and let Trump off.

Still if you said to him before today you will be 5-4 up against the reigning champ i am sure he would take it. 
  • Options
    Trump fortunate to come out of the session only 1 behind.

Can't see him playing as badly this evening
  • Options
    Agree mate, very fortunate on the face of it could have been 7-2/8-1, obviously you never know but based on chances Judd had were down to Ford missing. 

Set up ok, but can see the real Trump turn up later. Fords best chance would have been a 6-3 lead and keep the pressure on. Still not impossible but Judd still fave from here.
  • Options
    Bingham steals it! Carty was 30 ahead, 27 left and Carty potted the black (foul) left himself snookered or totalled and hits it and Ballrun mops up the colours, not convincingly i may add 
    5-3 Bingham!
  • Options
    Ford has missed so many easy balls. He should be 7-2 up. 

Do you think if Hamilton asks really nicely, Hearn will let him back in? 
  • Options

No chance!!!
  • Options

Went to like post for the first part, but had to LOL could you imagine? 

only one game on 2:30 Ding vs King, cant think why the other table isn't in use anyone know?  :p
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bingham gets in first, but doesn't get the split and punished!Carty gets a 69 for 1 snooker required + respot, then pots the red shortly after. 
    Stuart Bingham 5-4 Ashley Carty

Carty will be delighted to go in 1 behind on his crucible debut, looking pretty confident last couple of frames and not afraid to go for his shots. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020

No chance!!!
    Tongue was firmly in cheek there.

That prick Hearn was just interviewed, no hint of an apology to Hamilton, not that I expected one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #anthonywasright trending on Twitter :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    BBC asked Hearn if the banning of crowds offered Anthony Hamilton a route back in...

"He pulled out the event, he's made his position quite clear, well done Anthony, good luck, see ya later son."

Ouch.

• Options
    He was due to play today though, with a crowd.
  • Options
    Ding out of the blocks with a 104, then gets let back in the next to go 2-0 up
  • Options
    I don’t like Ronnie but he was always right on this matter. I totally agree with Hamilton too. The crowd in today are not even wearing face masks. Unbelievable really!
  • Options
    I was really impressed with Carly and it was just his decision making that let him down. I think if he can control his nerves he will beat Bingham. 
  • Options
    I was really impressed with Carly and it was just his decision making that let him down. I think if he can control his nerves he will beat Bingham. 
    Did you watch much of it or just after the other game finished? 
    Bingham wasn't really playing well and Carty looked better but gave away a sloppy one after looking very good. The rest of the game looks like its been a pretty scrappy affair with numerous chances for each. 
  • Options
    I was watching both games at once, the first 5 frames were scrappy. I was impressed by some of Carty’s long shots and some of his safety was very good. I think he got carried away at times but he looks like he has a bright future. 
  • Options
    I was watching both games at once, the first 5 frames were scrappy. I was impressed by some of Carty’s long shots and some of his safety was very good. I think he got carried away at times but he looks like he has a bright future. 
    Nice, i have been working so could only have one this morning on my phone, watched half an hour of Ding on a proper TV as it was my lunch but back on the phone watching until 6  :'(
  • Options
    Ding! ding! round 1 to Ding
    3-1 up at the interval, looking good but also getting a bit of run. 

On the other table Wilson into a flying 4-0 lead against a certain Anthony Hamilton, its a bit quiet over that side some would argue are they even playing?  B)