Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Just got back and no score board on BBC has this been an issue all afternoon or is my screen playing up
  • Options
    Just got back and no score board on BBC has this been an issue all afternoon or is my screen playing up
    lol not just you mate just this one frame :smiley: hope you are ok welcome back. Over to you  B)
  • Options
    lol not just you mate just this one frame :smiley: hope you are ok welcome back. Over to you  B)
    Haha cheers I am good and thanks for your hard work in my absence 
  • Options
    Ding is now 4-2 Ahead
  • Options
    Century for King and its 4-3
  • Options
    Haha cheers I am good and thanks for your hard work in my absence 
    lol 'hard work' , the alternative was to do some actual work so no problem :smiley:
  • Options
    What a frame to steal by King

Looked like Ding was gonna go 5-3 ahead but King stole it and its 4-4

Big final frame now
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Ding Junhui 5-4 Mark King
  • Options
    so far 3 matches poised at 5-4, who would have thought it? crazy but still you would back the faves, surely one shock though? 
  • Options
    Trump should have won the Opener but Ford steals it for a 6-4 lead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Over on table 2 Williams took frame 1
  • Options
    6-5 Ford

This is gonna go to the wire 
  • Options
    So fixated with table 1 that I missed Williams going 2-1 ahead on table 2 haha
  • Options
    What a big frame on table one

Both players had chances but Trump took it

6-6
  • Options
    Was watching Ford / Trump first session and Ford should have won at least two other  frames 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

Mark Williams 2-2 Alan McManus 
  • Options
    Trump has been pretty woeful. Ford should have kept the pressure on but he just missed so many chances. 
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd session(mid session interval) 

Judd Trump 7-6 Tom Ford
  • Options
    7-7 on table 1 now

Over on table 2 its 3-3 between Williams and McManus
  • Options
    8-7 Trump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    A Century of Centuries for Trump 

He has done what only Neil Robertson had done beforehand and Made 100 centuries in 1 season
  • Options
    Trump taken control now

9-7 ahead and one away
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session 
    Result

Alan McManus 5-4 Mark Williams 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Meanwhile on Table 1 Ford makes it 9-8 to Trump
  • Options
    I should say in 2014 World Championship one of the 3 previous events that Tom Ford qualified for and lost in the first round he actually faced Trump and lost 10-8.

I wonder if we could have the same scoreline today

damn knew I should have gone with it 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Judd Trump 10-8 Tom Ford

The defending champion is the first player to book his place in the 2nd round
  • Options
    Ford will be kicking himself.  He had a big chance there.  Will Trump be as vulnerable in the next match?  I doubt it.
  • Options
    I think Carty will beat Bingham and at 11/2 that’s great odds. Mark Williams was lucky to only be trailing by one frame. McManus totally outplayed him. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    1 more quick note on Barry Hearn.  I may not always agree with him & I think the Anthony Hamilton affair has shown his arrogant side, but I remember what a terrible state snooker was in when Barry took over.  6 tournaments a year, little sponsorship, TV companies not interested as viewing figures were so low.

Now I think the game is in the best shape it's ever been in. Tournaments virtually every week, record sponsorship, record prize money.  That's down to Hearn & his team.  Who would've thought snooker & darts players would have the kind of careers they have these days.  Incredible really.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's incredibly good at his job
  • Options
    Sorry for lack of updates, think lack of sleep over last few nights took its toll and I slept through alarm lol