Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Kurt Maflin 10-8 Dave Gilbert

Maflin becomes the 8th player through to round 2, but the first unseeded player
  • 1 more quick note on Barry Hearn.  I may not always agree with him & I think the Anthony Hamilton affair has shown his arrogant side, but I remember what a terrible state snooker was in when Barry took over.  6 tournaments a year, little sponsorship, TV companies not interested as viewing figures were so low.

Now I think the game is in the best shape it's ever been in. Tournaments virtually every week, record sponsorship, record prize money.  That's down to Hearn & his team.  Who would've thought snooker & darts players would have the kind of careers they have these days.  Incredible really.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's incredibly good at his job
    Just catching up, he has been fantastic for snooker. Without a doubt, darts too, however he is such a self indulged arrogant twat its hard to like. 

Snooker is in a great position, down to him mostly, but he is still a knob. 
  • 14 reds

but he couldn't get onto the black

Was unlucky, i watched it from about 4 reds, messaged my mates not here on twitter. He got the cannon just needed the white to go a tad bit further. Shame, he played class, it was a right battle. Enthrilling
  • Ronnie has looked good @paulie8290 you jynxed it, could you do that before every game please as it seems to have worked :wink:

Tough 2nd round, Ding is playing well but Ronnie plays how he is he could be hard to stop... wishful thinking im sure, just give him one more title please! 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-1 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Wooo no shock, thought you said he will lose that one? next up Ding will be a cracker he did have his number but last time they met at WC Ding was quality and beat Ronnie. 
  • edited August 2020
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Wooo no shock, thought you said he will lose that one? next up Ding will be a cracker he did have his number but last time they met at WC Ding was quality and beat Ronnie. 
    As I said on here before the match yesterday, no crowd edged it into Ronnie's favour

With a crowd and he would have been looking for the exit door, without a crowd he could relax and treat it like a practice.

Plus Thepchaiya gave him far to many chances yesterday think he was down to 77% pot success yesterday if I remember correctly 
  • Thep doesn't seem to have a B game. Sometimes you have to just try and hang in there but he just kept going for shots, missing and letting O'Sullivan in. 
    I think O'Sullivan will beat Ding but could be a good game. 
  • edited August 2020
    Anyone been watching on BBC

What have you made of Dave Farrar?

Seen alot of mixed reviews from snooker players on twitter

Not really sure what I have made of him myself yet, 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

Jack Lisowski 2-2 Anthony McGill 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone been watching on BBC

I watch on Eurosport, flicked over to see what the fuss was but only saw breifly as they went off air 9pm so went back (amateurs) 

World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

As I said on here before the match yesterday, no crowd edged it into Ronnie's favour

With a crowd and he would have been looking for the exit door, without a crowd he could relax and treat it like a practice.

Plus Thepchaiya gave him far to many chances yesterday think he was down to 77% pot success yesterday if I remember correctly 
    you do make up some waffle Paulie :D should be in politics, no crowd factor might make a difference but Ronnie was flying yesterday and played him off the table, Un-Nooh didn't really get a chance and when he did he just didn't settle. 

It doesn't really give any indication how he will play with a bit of pressure e.g ding, so i am not going to be singing and dancing yet he is back, but good signs.

I think the no crowd does make a huge difference, but more for the underdogs. Ronnie will always feed off the crowd, also just some days he will look more up for it and more at piece like yesterday/ today. Where it might help Ronnie is the lack of practice and match practice as he is more natural than anyone, a long way to go but if he is ever going to win another one this would be a good chance. But he is in the bottom section which is very top heavy and no easy games from here. 

He's obviously very professional and has done his research etc but I don't think he knows too much about snooker. He should stick to commentating and leave the analysis to the players.
  • Apparently Rob Walker has done some as well and was terrible. 

He's obviously very professional and has done his research etc but I don't think he knows too much about snooker. He should stick to commentating and leave the analysis to the players.
    Most snooker people i follow including the players have been raving about Dave Farrar , positive feedback i haven't seen any criticism for him yet... Will try to watch a bit more on BBC so i have an opinion, people have said its quite refreshing. Some commentators are bit repetitive in my opinion. 
  • Apparently Rob Walker has done some as well and was terrible. 
    Yeah he has, but I liked him lol

BBC limited with commentators for obvious reason, so have used Alan McManus, Joe Perry, Ken Doherty, Dennis Taylor, Rob Walker and Dave Farrar are in the arena

Then obviously, Steve Davies, Stephen Hendry, John Parrot, Jason Mohammad and Seema Jaswal are in the studio 
  • I am just glad this event is on BBC as much as I love my subscription to europsport player and it gets me alot of snooker for a very cheap price its nice to not have to Neal Foulds for once

Cant stand the bloke
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st Session 

Anthony McGill 5-4 Jack Lisowski 
  • I am just glad this event is on BBC as much as I love my subscription to europsport player and it gets me alot of snooker for a very cheap price its nice to not have to Neal Foulds for once

Cant stand the bloke
    ? BBC coverage is shocking, they miss alot of action and dont often stick with if its a close one like last night. Neil is ok, not my fave but bearable, i find a few grate on me sometimes so will switch if i can. 
  • edited August 2020
    I am just glad this event is on BBC as much as I love my subscription to europsport player and it gets me alot of snooker for a very cheap price its nice to not have to Neal Foulds for once

Cant stand the bloke
    ? BBC coverage is shocking, they miss alot of action and dont often stick with if its a close one like last night. Neil is ok, not my fave but bearable, i find a few grate on me sometimes so will switch if i can. 
    They only miss the action if you have the wrong channel on as for me i usually keep it to the red button so i dont miss anything(even during the interval) and with last night it was easy enough for me to quickly switch on the bbc website and watch the last frame so it didn't effect me, obviously as I said last night older people who don't know how to do that it would have done and thats where its unfair and BBC need to look at it.

But for me its a small price to pay to get away from Foulds for a tournament lol(during the qualifiers even Kelly pointed out how annoying he was lol)

TBH Joe Johnson is just as bad as Neal Foulds if not worse.

Dominic Dale is the only bareable one on Eurosport lol
  • I like Foulds, think he talks sense. Phil Yates is a bit annoying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    Bingtao v Slessor will go to a mid session interval 
  • Some non Crucible news

World Snooker have announced the schedule up until Christmas, some good events ahewd including bringing the Shootout and World Grand Prix forward

September 13-20
    Championship League

September 21-27
    European Masters

September 28 to October 5
    Championship League

October 12-18
    English Open

October 23-27
    Championship League

October 29 to November 1
    Shoot Out

November 2-8
    Champion of Champions

November 10-14
    German Masters qualifiers

November 16-22
    Northern Ireland Open

November 24 to December 6
    UK Championship

December 7-13
    Scottish Open

December 14-20
    World Grand Prix

Venues and  crowds will be annoucned as and when they can be 

• I got a free bet today so put on Selby at 14/1
    so my interest is quite a bit now lol
    Robbo £40 @ 11/2 pre draw
    Murphy £10 @16/1 pre draw
    £5 on Maguire 28/1 post draw
    £5 free bet on Selby today

Still think it will be wide open, had a nice footy win the weekend :) 
  • Quick Q School 1 update on some of the names I am looking out for(obviously the earlier rounds like last year there are to many matches to keep doing for updates so will just do the bigger names)

Lee Walker 3-0 Matthew Glasby
    Hammad Miah 3-0 Bash Maqsood
    Fang Xiongman 3-0 Elliot Weston
    Patrick Wallace 3-2 Jamie Wilson
    Harvey Chandler 3-0 Kayden Brieley
    Robbie McGuigan 3-0 Mike Hallet
    Craig Steadman 3-2 Oliver Lines
    Ross Bulman 3-2 Ross Muir 

Thats the results I have seen of note so far some good wins there but also disappointing defeats for the likes if Lines and Muir only 2 more events left for those 2 now
  • Bingtao v Slessor will go to a mid session interval 
    I clearly said will go to a mid session interval and no one can prove otherwise 🤣🤣🤣
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd session(mid session interval)

Yan Bingtao 9-3 Elliot Slessor 
  • I’m also gonna dabble in having a bet in the snooker, any tips Paulie?
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

Noppon Saengkham 3-1 Shaun Murphy 
  • Quick Q School 1 update on some of the names I am looking out for(obviously the earlier rounds like last year there are to many matches to keep doing for updates so will just do the bigger names)

Lee Walker 3-0 Matthew Glasby
    Hammad Miah 3-0 Bash Maqsood
    Fang Xiongman 3-0 Elliot Weston
    Patrick Wallace 3-2 Jamie Wilson
    Harvey Chandler 3-0 Kayden Brieley
    Robbie McGuigan 3-0 Mike Hallet
    Craig Steadman 3-2 Oliver Lines
    Ross Bulman 3-2 Ross Muir 

Thats the results I have seen of note so far some good wins there but also disappointing defeats for the likes if Lines and Muir only 2 more events left for those 2 now
    Josh Thurmond (might have spelt wrong) is on my page due to pool bets, he posted he won 3-0 then gets a bye in the next round. 
  • I’m also gonna dabble in having a bet in the snooker, any tips Paulie?
    Maguire is a good shout e/w, he is in Trumps half but also has been on some really good form. Think he has been varying between 25/1-33/1. Playing really well of late and won a recent tourney, i have a feeling Trump might go out next round which also makes it even better price