Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• edited August 2020
    Oh wow, just googled Josh Thomond to look at his record and watched this from 2017

I bet he still has nightmares

https://youtu.be/o9s2ViKsmlo
  • With Alex Higgins, it was like talent and personality couldn't exist in the same body.  He was truly incredible to watch in his prime - there's a century break at The Crucible that he does in about the same time Thorburn took to address one shot - but he was probably the most self-destructive and horrible person to ever hold a cue.  A terrible shame, really.
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    First Session 

Mark Selby 5-4 Jordan Brown 
    How Selby was leading i dont know, really poor game. I expect him to do better today and Brown too, i was flicking between that pool and the Mcgill game but he was struggling, well they both were. Always a threat though once he wins this he will only get better. I actually like Selby people moan about his style but i think he has the right mix, always plays the game he knows he has the best chance. If he is not firing he will scrap it out, also just as capable of getting big breaks.

So far ive got 11 of the first 12 (in a prediction thin where you have to get 12 of the first 16 to go through 30 people in and last man standing gets the pot) one i have got wrong was Gilbert losing to Maflin. Hopefully i havent jynxed it lol
  • Murphy is in trouble, lost first 2 frames so 8-3 down, 2nd one was harsh in the balls he went into the reds and one went in the middle, shit luck really and noppon is looking very handy today breaks of 63 and high 50 to take the frames. 

On the other table Allen kicked off with 2 centuries, Jamie Clarke has just got 136 his highest break as a pro, sounds a cracking start. 
  • edited August 2020
    Murphy sneaks one, Noppon makes the error towards the end of the frame. Could this be a big turning point 8-4, Murphy needs to win the next to put the pressure on.

On the other table it looks like going 3-1 Allen, going swiftly blink and you will miss it. I am watching the main one though could be a big win for Noppon. 
  • Murphy sneaks one, Noppon makes the error towards the end of the frame. Could this be a big turning point 8-4, Murphy needs to win the next to put the pressure on.

On the other table it looks like going 3-1 Allen, going swiftly blink and you will miss it. I am watching the main one though could be a big win for Noppon. 
    Clarke just pinched it after needing 3 snookers. Played some great shots.
  • My mistake, Jamie Clarke pulls back to 2-2, going on the live scores he need 3 snookers, i am not sure how he did it or whether it was a free ball he used to help but he won 72-71. They go into their mid session interval
  • Noppon Saengkham is one away at the break! 
    Who could have predicted this? Maybe the win but in this manner? 
    Noppon leads 9-4 Murphy, looking impressive will he get over that line. knocks in a long yellow after a 60 break did the damage, 41 needed from 27 before Noppon pots it. 
  • Murphy sneaks one, Noppon makes the error towards the end of the frame. Could this be a big turning point 8-4, Murphy needs to win the next to put the pressure on.

Clarke just pinched it after needing 3 snookers. Played some great shots.
    Thank you! i had the live score up but was watching Murphy match, on my phone lol always some effort getting more than 2 snookers, hence why i was a bit premature with a false update  :|
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

Mark Allen 2-2 Jamie Clarke
  • Sponsored links:

• World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd session(mid session interval)

Noppon Saengkham 9-4 Shaun Murphy 
  • edited August 2020
    Morning sir, you looked like you might of had a late one so i took the batten :) 
  • Morning sir, you looked like you might of had a late one so i took the batten :) 
    I did indeed lol, bloody Insomnia messing up watching snooker 🤣🤣
  • Morning sir, you looked like you might of had a late one so i took the batten :) 
    I did indeed lol, bloody Insomnia messing up watching snooker 🤣🤣
    Like i have a bit of insomnia but 4:30 am checking charlton life never! :) if i cant sleep i do try to avoid the phone ideally, save CL for when i am awake / working :smile:
  • Clarke looks a really good player, cue ball control is superb.
  • Allen missed a red and complained that he was put off by someone in the audience...
  • CALL 999

there has been another robbery 

Jamie Clarke steals another frame and takes a 3-2 lead 
  • Lol BBC Red Button just switched from Allen v Clarke to Murphy v Saengkham then may have to switch back in a few minutes 
  • Lol BBC Red Button just switched from Allen v Clarke to Murphy v Saengkham then may have to switch back in a few minutes 
    I was watching on Skygo, obviously no red button so had to switch to Eurosport. They do it too much for me, wont get many casual viewers sticking with it on red button. They should just change their programme like they do for Wimbledon for the games that are reaching a climax or decent. One of my pet peeves with BBC so normally default to Eurosport. 
  • Noppon really has impressed me today getting over that line, Murphy wasn't really firing and a bit off colour but Noppy played very well and wasn't missing much when he got the chances. Very good win, expected more from murphy. 

Prediction update 11/13, also had Allen in the other game so can i hit a wall need 12 to get through to next stage... 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Noppon Saengkham 10-4 Shaun Murphy 

Noppon becomes the 3rd unseeded player through
  • Allen is 4-3 up and has made 4 tons.
  • 4-3 to Mark Allen now

Just the 5 centuries in the 7 frames between the 2 players so far
  • edited August 2020
    Had to put predictions in for next round, not so confident: forget how much to qualfiy for the next round but if all fail then dead heat applies
    Robbo
    Ronnie 
    Williams
    Allen if he wins, Mcgill if Allen loses
    Higgins
    Wilson
    Bingtao
    Selby if he wins,  Noppon if Selby loses

Really tough to call from here, although i still need 2 of the last 4 i think(just checked) thought there had been 13 matches and 2 wrong, 10 out of 12
    Allen, Selby, Maguire or Ursenbacher
  • Also there has been a century every match so far, was 16/1 i didn't back it but only 2 matches to go which haven't started so looking a good shout. Normally it loses
  • Just a quick message there is a mixture if 2nd round, 3rd round and even Q School event 2 first round matches today, so if i get any of these mixed up I apologise and will edit, unlike last year there is no up to date scores and the only place I can get the results put them all on there at the same time and dont seperate rounds or anything so its hard to work out
  • Just a quick message there is a mixture if 2nd round, 3rd round and even Q School event 2 first round matches today, so if i get any of these mixed up I apologise and will edit, unlike last year there is no up to date scores and the only place I can get the results put them all on there at the same time and dont seperate rounds or anything so its hard to work out
    Q school updates/ scores are awful this year. Normally get them on snooker.org but they arent updating possibly as too much to do with the World Championship? They are not normally overlapped.

I see a few on twitter here and there, i wouldn't worry too much mate. Its good to know who gets through but sometimes the results/scores is a bit of a overload. 
  • Q SCHOOL EVENT 1
    2nd Round 

Robbie McGuigan 3-1 Chris Totten
    Simon Lichtenberg 3-0 Tam Mustafa
    Fan Zhengyi 3-2 Tyler Rees
    Stephen Craigie 3-2 Michael Georgiou
    Steven Hallworth 3-1 Reanne Evans

Georgiou and Evans losing out there but Robbie McGuigan moves on and is now just 4 wins away from a tour card

Q school updates/ scores are awful this year. Normally get them on snooker.org but they arent updating possibly as too much to do with the World Championship? They are not normally overlapped.

I see a few on twitter here and there, i wouldn't worry too much mate. Its good to know who gets through but sometimes the results/scores is a bit of a overload. 
    Yeah also they are using manual scoreboards so no electronic scores.

And yeah thats why I am keeping it to players who have recently dropped off the tour and promising youngsters like McGuigan and Mertens
  • Q SCHOOL EVENT 1
    2nd Round 

Robbie McGuigan 3-1 Chris Totten
    Simon Lichtenberg 3-0 Tam Mustafa
    Fan Zhengyi 3-2 Tyler Rees
    Stephen Craigie 3-2 Michael Georgiou
    Steven Hallworth 3-1 Reanne Evans

Georgiou and Evans losing out there but Robbie McGuigan moves on and is now just 4 wins away from a tour card

Tam and Georgiou both used to play at London Snooker Club in Brockley.