Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st Session 

Mark Allen 5-4 Jamie Clarke
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    First session(mid session interval)

Martin Gould 3-1 Stephen Maguire 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1

Footnote, Gould makes a century so one more match for a full house on a century in every first round match. I dont think its happened in a while.... 

• World Championship 
    Round 1

Footnote, Gould makes a century so one more match for a full house on a century in every first round match. I dont think its happened in a while.... 

Well almost every game

Would be 15 out of 15 but hard to call it a full house when a match was not played lol, it will go in the record books with an Asterisk haha.

• World Championship 
    Round 1

Well almost every game

Would be 15 out of 15 but hard to call it a full house when a match was not played lol, it will go in the record books with an Asterisk haha.

i know that, SB still gets the same odds for the bet but you are right technically not all first round matches
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd Session(mid session interval)

Mark Selby 7-6 Jordan Brown 
  • Blimey Gould is flying, poor mags everyone expecting a big tourney. long way to go but 6-1 down.  :open_mouth:
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st Session 

Martin Gould 7-2 Stephen Maguire 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st Session 

Martin Gould 7-2 Stephen Maguire 
    Crazy result on the face of it, Gould has played superb i was watching the start of it but now watching Selby get over the line.. Tall order for mags now, expected a big tourney from him. 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Mark Selby 10-6 Jordan Brown 

Selby missed a red, Brown looked like he was going to take the match onto another frame, but Selby fluked matchball pink
  • Sponsored links:

• Selby struggled. Will need to play a lot better.
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd Session(mid session interval)

Jamie Clarke 7-6 Mark Allen

• World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st Session(mid session interval)

Barry Hawkins 3-1 Alexander Ursenbacher 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Jamie Clarke 10-8 Mark Allen

What a result for the world number 89 and the biggest upset of the round
  • @WelshAddick beat you didn't expect to have 2 players into round 2
    Too true Mr P. He won it well in the end. 
    Too true Mr P. He won it well in the end. 
    Allen had 5 centuries in his 8 frames as well but as you say Jamie won it well in the end

He wont fear McGill in the next round either after beating Allen
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session

Barry Hawkins 7-2 Alexander Ursenbacher 
  • Top half looks like it's opening up for Trump. 
  • So basically whats going on with Q School is they are doing round 1 and of events 1,2 and 3 now then they last 64 will start from friday.

Saves people going and coming back for the next next event kind of thing.

I will just carry on as i have been for the last 2 days posting the winners and losers of the players who have dropped off the tour and the good youngsters from round 1 and 2 then on friday when the last 64 starts we will see what happens 
  • Sponsored links:

• Q SCHOOL EVENT 2
    1st Round 
    Results

Thor Chuan Leong 3-1 Ronan Whyte
    Alfie Burden 3-1 Mark Lloyd
    Wu Yize 3-0 Matthew Couch
    Craig Steadman 3-0 Kharazchi Jamshid
    Sanderson Lam 3-1 James Brown
    Simon Lichtenberg 3-0 
    Simon Blackwell
    Harvey Chandler 3-0 Chae Ross

2nd Round
    Results

Sam Baird 3-2 Julien Leclercq
    Thor Chuan Leong 3-2 Alex Millington
  • I am gonna put round 2 schedule and head to head together however it will be 2 matches short, with round 2 starting tomorrow at 1pm and 2 matches still being incomplete from round 1 are still 2 matches

Dont ask me why they couldn't just play both Maguire v Gould and Hawkins v Ursenbacher at 1pm tomorrow then start round 2 in the evening surely that would make more sense lol

• World Championship 
    Round 2
    Matches+Head to Head

Judd Trump v Yan Bingtao
    Judd Trump 5-0 Yan Bingtao

John Higgins  v Kurt Maflin
    Kurt Maflin 1-0 John Higgins

Anthony McGill  v Jamie Clarke
    Jamie Clarke 1-0 Anthony McGill 

Mark Williams  v Stuart Bingham
    Stuart Bingham 8-7 Mark Williams 

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-3 Ding Junhui(Also 1 Draw)

Mark Selby v Noppon Saengkham 
    Mark Selby 8-1 Noppon Saengkham

• will put head to heads for the other 2 matches when we get results, I know they are pretty much looking like its gonna be Hawkins and Gould going through, but you never know we almost saw Slessor come back the other day 
  • Last night was very busy had snooker on the laptop, also flicking between the Ursenbacher / Hawkins game while watching the Play off final. 

Really not impressed with Ursenbacher, anytime i have seen him he goes for everything, but like silly shots which even the old Judd wouldn't do. Hawkins hasn't really had to play that well at all, maybe its naivety and he will grow out of it, otherwise he wont be on the tour that much playing like that against the better players.Hawikins made 5 50s, no centuries, a few times they were all there so he wasn't firing. 

Allen/Clarke that was a good game, Clarke played very well and didn't really look like folding over the finishing line. 

No games this morning from what i can see? looks like we have a couple at  2 the start of the 2nd round and end of one round 1, agree with Paulio not really sure why it works out like that with the overlap always seems to. 
  • Decided to lump on Maguire at 26/1! Cheers for the tips guys... a long way to go
  • Decided to lump on Maguire at 26/1! Cheers for the tips guys... a long way to go
    I think he might have gone out now.... Sorry bro, not impossible but Gould was flying yesterday wasn't really down to him playing bad. You never know but looks nearly dead :( I was on him but only smallball, top half opening up might be some value there but i wont tell you where lol 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Barry Hawkins 10-2 Alexander Ursenbacher 
  • edited August 2020
    World Championship 
    Round 2
    Matches+Head to Head

Judd Trump v Yan Bingtao
    Judd Trump 5-0 Yan Bingtao

John Higgins  v Kurt Maflin
    Kurt Maflin 1-0 John Higgins

Anthony McGill  v Jamie Clarke
    Jamie Clarke 1-0 Anthony McGill 

Mark Williams  v Stuart Bingham
    Stuart Bingham 8-7 Mark Williams 

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-3 Ding Junhui(Also 1 Draw)

Mark Selby v Noppon Saengkham 
    Mark Selby 8-1 Noppon Saengkham

Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson 
    Neil Robertson 12-10 Barry Hawkins 

Updated with Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

• World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Barry Hawkins 10-2 Alexander Ursenbacher 
    I think that's the answer to your point earlier about why not play both remaining 1st round games this afternoon.  With both games at 7-2, if Hawkins & Gould come out & win all 3 frames, there's not much Snooker to show in the afternoon