Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Barry Hawkins 10-2 Alexander Ursenbacher 
    I think that's the answer to your point earlier about why not play both remaining 1st round games this afternoon.  With both games at 7-2, if Hawkins & Gould come out & win all 3 frames, there's not much Snooker to show in the afternoon
    But the schedule was done before they knew the scores lol
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session(Mid Session Interval)

John Higgins 2-2 Kurt Maflin 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

I think that's the answer to your point earlier about why not play both remaining 1st round games this afternoon.  With both games at 7-2, if Hawkins & Gould come out & win all 3 frames, there's not much Snooker to show in the afternoon
    Yeah I know that, but I think that's the scenario they look at when working out the schedule
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session(Mid Session Interval)

John Higgins 2-2 Kurt Maflin 
    Great half session that. Maflin potted a great green in the last, dead weight in the middle from tight on the bottom cushion to hold for the brown.
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Yeah I know that, but I think that's the scenario they look at when working out the schedule
    Yeah a valid point, they might have done it deliberate and predicted this could happen. There must be a reason for it , this explains it perfect, otherwise there would be no pool until this evening now. 
  • The safety play in the Higgins  Maflin match is something else. 
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session 

Kurt Maflin 5-3 John Higgins 
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session 

Check twitter if you get a chance :) it might help or you might already be ahead of the game. 
  • Decided to lump on Maguire at 26/1! Cheers for the tips guys... a long way to go
    I think he might have gone out now.... Sorry bro, not impossible but Gould was flying yesterday wasn't really down to him playing bad. You never know but looks nearly dead :( I was on him but only smallball, top half opening up might be some value there but i wont tell you where lol 
    I’m only pulling your leg, put £10 on it so nothing big. Still time for a comeback (and win every other game...)
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session 

Check twitter if you get a chance :) it might help or you might already be ahead of the game. 
    Yeah thats where I have been getting my updates from.

They get updated on there throughout the day, but again they don't have anyone at the venue, so they just put results on as and when they get them lol.

TBH I am starting to confuse myself as to which is first round and which is 2nd round matches.

I have borrowed Kelly's laptop so what I will do tomorrow night if you can all wait till then is type up the complete last 64 of all 3 events.

Then hopefully it will be easier to follow
  • Sponsored links:

• obviously un the meantime if any big names have lost in all 3 events I will mention it 
  • Decided to lump on Maguire at 26/1! Cheers for the tips guys... a long way to go
    I think he might have gone out now.... Sorry bro, not impossible but Gould was flying yesterday wasn't really down to him playing bad. You never know but looks nearly dead :( I was on him but only smallball, top half opening up might be some value there but i wont tell you where lol 
    I’m only pulling your leg, put £10 on it so nothing big. Still time for a comeback (and win every other game...)
    Haha good, i did worry. Yeah he only needs to win 8/2 from here not impossible but how Gould was playing yesterday he will need him to start missing. 
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session 

They get updated on there throughout the day, but again they don't have anyone at the venue, so they just put results on as and when they get them lol.

TBH I am starting to confuse myself as to which is first round and which is 2nd round matches.

I have borrowed Kelly's laptop so what I will do tomorrow night if you can all wait till then is type up the complete last 64 of all 3 events.

If its too much hassle mate , just literally highlight the ones you want and put a link. If people are that bothered they will find them, no point overdoing it. Q school is mental this year Josh put on FB that they are doing all round 1's so basically if they dont need to stay there for the next stages, so its very different. 
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    1st Session 

If its too much hassle mate , just literally highlight the ones you want and put a link. If people are that bothered they will find them, no point overdoing it. Q school is mental this year Josh put on FB that they are doing all round 1's so basically if they dont need to stay there for the next stages, so its very different. 
    Yeah as I said earlier they are doing Round 1 and 2 for all 3 events, then the players that lose can go home.

Then come Friday then start from the last 64 in event 1
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Martin Gould 10-3 Stephen Maguire 
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    Matches+Head to Head

Judd Trump v Yan Bingtao
    Judd Trump 5-0 Yan Bingtao

Martin Gould v Kyren Wilson
    Martin Gould 3-2 Kyren Wilson

John Higgins  v Kurt Maflin
    Kurt Maflin 1-0 John Higgins

Anthony McGill  v Jamie Clarke
    Jamie Clarke 1-0 Anthony McGill 

Mark Williams  v Stuart Bingham
    Stuart Bingham 8-7 Mark Williams 

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 13-3 Ding Junhui(Also 1 Draw)

Mark Selby v Noppon Saengkham 
    Mark Selby 8-1 Noppon Saengkham

Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson 
    Neil Robertson 12-10 Barry Hawkins 

Updated with Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Updated to include Martin Gould v Kyren Wilson 
  • Steve Davis is undoubtedly one of the greatest snooker players of all time, but my god he's an awful commentator!!
  • World Championship 
    Round 2
    First Session 

Mark Williams 5-3 Stuart Bingham 
  • All changed in one shot when Bingham lost on a respot. Should have been 3-1 up, ended up 5-2 down but did well to nick the last. 
  • Maguire should have made a 147. Did the hard work and lost position when it was all on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maguire should have made a 147. Did the hard work and lost position when it was all on.
    Such a shame, getting a tonking and thought he created the chance perfect, literally millimetres/ Half a roll short and he was on a red. Very surprised at the result, last night Maguire could have easily taken the first few and it could have been game on, Gould missed early but then Maguire gave him the chances to win first 2 frames. Still as the commentators stated a million times he has won alot of money already this season.... 
  • Regarding the commentator debate, Dominic Dale has grown on me. i used to think he was quite annoying but i like him now. I always liked him as a player, particularly when he won the shootout and sang  :) 
  • The world seniors championship will be shown on the BBC website 
  • 2 games just about to start, not sure if on BBC (assume it will be) but on skygo on my laptop for some reason it doesn't show BBC, I am on Eurosport.

Higgins v Maflin 3-5
    Start of Selby v Noppon

Will watch Higgins/Maflin for now but both decent, will the real Mark Selby step up? 
  • quick update, Higgins takes the first and looks in good knick 5-4 down now

On the other table noppon makes a 70 to win the first, Selby replies with a 84
    Noppon 1-1 Selby 
  • Maflin with a lovely 64, to get to snooker required, game dragged on bit but he takes it still . 6-4 to the Norwegian.
  • Mr Selby takes the 3rd on table 2, looked like a grinded frame early doors (going by updates) but makes a 70 to make it 2-1 Selby
  • Maflin misses out, of the century! 97 break and makes it 7-4. 
  • The world seniors championship will be shown on the BBC website 
    Yeah saw this yesterday selective matches will be on the red button as well

Event starts on 19th August and the 16 players will be 4 seeded ad 12 unseeded

Seeded 
    Jimmy White(defending champion)
    Stephen Hendry 
    Ken Doherty 
    Michael Judge(Current UK Seniors Champion)

Unseeded
    Dennis Taylor 
    Joe Johnson 
    Tony Knowles 
    Tony Drago
    Peter Lines
    Nigel Bond
    Aaron Canavan
    Darren Morgan 
    Leo Fernandez 
    Patrick Wallace 
    Rodney Goggins