Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• edited August 2020
    I’m also gonna dabble in having a bet in the snooker, any tips Paulie?
    I said at the start of the tournament my outside tip would be Maguire dont really like the look of Trump so betweent Maguire and Robbo for me
  • edited August 2020
    Quick Q School 1 update on some of the names I am looking out for(obviously the earlier rounds like last year there are to many matches to keep doing for updates so will just do the bigger names)

Lee Walker 3-0 Matthew Glasby
    Hammad Miah 3-0 Bash Maqsood
    Fang Xiongman 3-0 Elliot Weston
    Patrick Wallace 3-2 Jamie Wilson
    Harvey Chandler 3-0 Kayden Brieley
    Robbie McGuigan 3-0 Mike Hallet
    Craig Steadman 3-2 Oliver Lines
    Ross Bulman 3-2 Ross Muir 

Thats the results I have seen of note so far some good wins there but also disappointing defeats for the likes if Lines and Muir only 2 more events left for those 2 now
    Josh Thurmond (might have spelt wrong) is on my page due to pool bets, he posted he won 3-0 then gets a bye in the next round. 
    Yeah he beat James Silverwood 3-0 then was due to play Luo Honghao who pulled out as he kept his tour card

• Robbie McGuigan 3-0 Mike Hallet

Is that Mike Hallet as in the 61 year old former proffesional??

• Robbie McGuigan 3-0 Mike Hallet

Is that Mike Hallet as in the 61 year old former proffesional??
    Yeah
  • Just looked seems he was only giving it 1 attempt as he is not in Q School 2 or Q School 3
  • A couple of minutes ago, Yan Bingtao knocked a glass over and broke it(first time I have ever seen it happen) a few minutes later he knocks the broken glass over again 

How clumsy can 1 person be lol.

Then he pots frame ball and knocks the black in they say its 7 years bad luck for breaking a mirror well maybe its the same for breaking a glass lol
  • Q SCHOOL EVENT 1 UPDATE
    1st round 
    Reanne Evans 3-1 Ryan Cronin
  • Cheers Paulie and Johnny.
  • Wow

I really wished I watched him as a professional but he finished when I was about 7 years old so before I got into the sport 
  • Wow

I really wished I watched him as a professional but he finished when I was about 7 years old so before I got into the sport 
    The irony, the one player who is most like Alex Higgins is Ronnie, you could say trump too. A bit before my time too so seen glimpses and not really been a huge fan same as Jimmy really as when i started watching him he wasn't in his peak.

Used to like John Higgins growing up and Ronnie, Higgins not really anymore as you could imagine, Robbo my next fave after Ronnie these days, cant really get to like Trump because his attitude when he was younger but he is class, just not my cup of tea personality wise. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow

The irony, the one player who is most like Alex Higgins is Ronnie, you could say trump too. A bit before my time too so seen glimpses and not really been a huge fan same as Jimmy really as when i started watching him he wasn't in his peak.

Used to like John Higgins growing up and Ronnie, Higgins not really anymore as you could imagine, Robbo my next fave after Ronnie these days, cant really get to like Trump because his attitude when he was younger but he is class, just not my cup of tea personality wise. 
    Lol now thats Irony, you like Ronnie but cant to like Trump because of his Attitude when he was younger, Ronnies Attitude is why I hate him so much lol.

Guess thats why I have no bad opinion on Alex Higgins, maybe he was like Ronnie, but as I never witnessed it I couldnt really form an opinion lol
  • Wow

I know what you mean about Trump in his younger days, but I think he's matured a lot since then
  • nice match that i thought was a full gone conclusion earlier. good comeback so far from Slessor against Yan. Yan was 9-2 up. now its 9-7. 
  • nice match that i thought was a full gone conclusion earlier. good comeback so far from Slessor against Yan. Yan was 9-2 up. now its 9-7. 
    Could be the biggest Crucible comeback since Nigel Bond beat Cliff Thorburn from 9-2 behind

• reckon this could be the last frame of the session tho, time limit before the 7pm games start

If it does turn out to be the final frame it could be just want Bingtao needs, he needs to get off and get out there for a while
  • Confirmed that if Bingtao doesnt win this frame it will be the final frame and they will return on the earliest table later tonight 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1 Session

Noppon Saengkham 6-3 Shaun Murphy

If you had said to me at the start of this match that this first session would be over before the Bingtao Slessor match had finished I would have laughed lol
  • Costly mistake there by Slessor maybe
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Yan Bingtao 10-7 Elliot Slessor 
  • Here we go

15 minutes to go until the player you have all been waiting for starts his World Championship campaign 
  • Sponsored links:

• @paulie8290 what has happened to Selby this past year? I know you're a huge fan of his & I admit I haven't followed his results much, but something doesn't seem right with him.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect him to win this match comfortably, but he looks a shell of the player he was a couple of years ago
  • @paulie8290 what has happened to Selby this past year? I know you're a huge fan of his & I admit I haven't followed his results much, but something doesn't seem right with him.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect him to win this match comfortably, but he looks a shell of the player he was a couple of years ago
    Loss of form and confidence 

He played around with his cue action for a while as well.
  • Wow

Lol now thats Irony, you like Ronnie but cant to like Trump because of his Attitude when he was younger, Ronnies Attitude is why I hate him so much lol.

Guess thats why I have no bad opinion on Alex Higgins, maybe he was like Ronnie, but as I never witnessed it I couldnt really form an opinion lol
    Paulie, he was 20 times worse than Ronnie. Ronnie shoots his mouth off a bit but Higgins was on a different level. You would have hated him.
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd session(mid session interval)

Anthony McGill 7-6 Jack Lisowski 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

Mark Selby 2-2 Jordan Brown 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Anthony McGill 10-9 Jack Lisowski 
  • How did Lisowski miss that snooker on the last red 4 times?
  • How did Lisowski miss that snooker on the last red 4 times?
    Lack of concentration I think, but thats what cost him in the end
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    First Session 

Mark Selby 5-4 Jordan Brown 
  • edited August 2020
    Q SCHOOL EVENT 1 UPDATE
    Round 1

Simon Lichtenberg 3-2 Kishan Hirani
    Michael Georgiou 3-0 Ryan Thomerson
    Sam Baird 3-1 Patrick Whelan 
    Julien Leclercq 3-2 Wu Yize

Round 2 
    Bradley Cowdroy 3-1 Chen Feilong
    Lee Walker 3-1 Ivan Kakovsky 
    Hammad Miah 3-0 Adam Longley
    Ben Mertens 3-2 Jack Smithers
    Fang Xiongman 3-0 Dean Reynolds
    Adrian Rosa 3-2 Craig Steadman
    Ross Bulman 3-0 Jack Dady
    Alfie Burden 3-2 Benji Buckley
    Leo Fernandez 3-2 Harvey Chandler

Defeats for Steadman, Feilong, Chandler and youngster Wu Yize in event 1 now as well.