Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Kurt Maflin is 3-2 up on Dave Gilbert 

Bingham is 9-5 ahead of Carty
  • Maflin 4-2
    Bingham 9-6
  • Anyone watching Bingham? He just played a great shot, more of a pool shot, potting the black in off a red that was over the pocket. Except the black was about to drop then rolled back on itself and was left hanging in the jaws. Bizarre. 
  • 9-7 Bingham now

Carty not letting this go
  • Anyone watching Bingham? He just played a great shot, more of a pool shot, potting the black in off a red that was over the pocket. Except the black was about to drop then rolled back on itself and was left hanging in the jaws. Bizarre. 
    No I missed that, flicking between tables lol
  • Kurt Maflin 4-3 up
  • This could be it, Binghams chance to finally close out the match 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Stuart Bingham 10-7 Ashley Carty 

Bingham is the 2nd man through the round 2, Carty tried the comeback but gave himself to much work after losing the first 4 frames today and going 9-4 behind 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session

Kurt Maflin 5-4 Dave Gilbert
  • Stevens takes frame 1 against Higgins

King levels up v Ding 5-5 on table 2
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-1 on table 1

6-5 to Ding on table 2
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

John Higgins 2-2 Matthew Stevens 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd session(mid session interval)

Ding Junhui 7-6 Mark King
  • In that session, Ding made two tons and played garbage in the other two.
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session

John Higgins 6-3 Matthew Stevens 
  • And we are into a final frame decider

King has pulled it back to 9-9 
  • edited August 2020
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Ding Junhui 10-9 Mark King

Ding is the 3rd player into round 2, all u can ask for in a final frame decider is 1 chance and both players had 2 or 3 chances, a good come back from King but he will be disappointed 
  • enthralling match between Ding and King. about to get to the very last frame and the hopeless BBC turn the match off so they could show a repeat of Amazing hotels with Giles fucking Conran. had to quickly set up the laptop to see the decider. 
  • sorry Ding is the 4th player haha

I said Trump was the 1st
    Bingham the 2nd
    Ding the 3rd

I completely forgot Wilson has been there since before the tournament began 
  • enthralling match between Ding and King. about to get to the very last frame and the hopeless BBC turn the match off so they could show a repeat of Amazing hotels with Giles fucking Conran. had to quickly set up the laptop to see the decider. 
    Yeah very poor decision from BBC especially as snooker has an audience of people of a certain age who may not be able to stream things online 
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC said they would show it till the end.

Good match that. King potted a great red in the penultimate frame that got him back in it but he fluked the pink and landed perfect on the black. I thought he'd win a decider.
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    2nd Session(Mid Session interval)

Mark Williams 8-5 Alan McManus

Williams has won all 4 frames so for today
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    Result

Mark Williams 10-5 Alan McManus

Mark Williams becomes the 5th player into round 2 after winning 6 out of 6 frames tonight 
  • One thing I should have put on here but forgot, I saw something that I don't think I have ever seen before, when trying to get out of a snooker McManus hit the red then Brown but it was very close as to which he hit first.

Jan Verhaas was unsure which one he hit first and actually asked if they could check the replay to see what ball he hit first.

Don't think I have seen that before but hope its done again for tight calls and for other things like the Carter incident back in January 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1 Session 

Neil Robertson 5-4 Liang Wenbo 
  • World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st Session 

Yan Bingtao 7-1 Elliot Slessor(only managed 8 frames before the deadline)
  • edited August 2020
    Sorry there were no updates this morning 

Insomnia playing up lately so didnt get to sleep till gone 6am no way was I getting up when my alarm went off at 9.50 lol
  • this afternoon by the time I have wrote an update on 1 frame, the next frame could be finished with Ronnie and Thepchaiya 🤣

Will be interesting to see Ronnie tho, I think with a crowd he would have been thinking about health and safety and been looking for the door, without a crowd might actually give him a better chance of winning the match 

Also think if there was a crowd still he would have worn a face mask lol
  • Lol

Players waiting all together like normal in the corridor with Rob Walker 3 out of the 4 players there, the only one not standing with the rest, yup u guessed it Ronnie 
  • edited August 2020
    Matthew Stevens wins the opening frame on table 2

Whilst on table 1 someone has one a frame