Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    13 reds

And mised the 13th black
  • Options
    what a great chance that was 

But what a start to the World Championships 
  • Options
    What a scrappy opener, really is going to be a shit World Championship....
  • Options
    147 alert 4x blacks 5 reds lol
    I see you went before me lol, i have called it to early before so wait till its either 7+7 or 8+8 now lol
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Shame that, played the perfect cannon on the pink a couple of shots before he missed. 
  • Options
    147 alert 4x blacks 5 reds lol
    I see you went before me lol, i have called it to early before so wait till its either 7+7 or 8+8 now lol
    I thought it was on after a few mate, i dont usually call it tbf. but felt obliged here a good chance, unlucky but what a start 
  • Options
    Bingham takes frame 1 over on table 2
  • Options
    2-0 Tom Ford on table 1
  • Options
    Game on! this is the perfect set up for a contest, still have a feeling once Trump is underway but stranger things have happen, would be a massive shock like similar to Cahill beating Ronnie last year. 
  • Options
    I should say in 2014 World Championship one of the 3 previous events that Tom Ford qualified for and lost in the first round he actually faced Trump and lost 10-8.

I wonder if we could have the same scoreline today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I should say in 2014 World Championship one of the 3 previous events that Tom Ford qualified for and lost in the first round he actually faced Trump and lost 10-8.

I wonder if we could have the same scoreline today
    They also stated before he beat him in qualifying for the crucible which was a race to 10. Its not impossible, just needs to keep Judd quiet. Once trump gets in he is unstoppable sometimes, a bit nervy early on here Ford needs to make the most of it.
  • Options
    Early days of course, but Judd struggling.  Very out of sorts 
  • Options
    Ash Carty makes it 1-1 over on table 2
  • Options
    Frame 3 could be a big turning point. Should have been 3-0 but Trump has been let off the hook.
  • Options
    Winning a frame like this by 1 point could be what Trump needs to kick start this match for him
  • Options
    or not, jesus what has he done there
  • Options
    Huge frame here, Trump wins and Ford will be in bits
  • Options
    Thats a great black, keeps Trump at arms length still this is getting interesting
  • Options
    3-0 Tom Ford
  • Options
    Wow. Awful shot on the pink and then a couple of bad safety shots on the black. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Championship 
    Round 1
    1st session(mid session interval)

Tom Ford 3-1 Judd Trump 

Key frame for Trump just before the mid session interval 
  • Options
    Barry Hearn heavily criticising Anthony Hamilton again in BBC interview 
  • Options
    I am watching it on Eurosport, should just let it lie now really both sides have their point. If they keep talking about it, will not be good for Snooker. Personally Anthony Hamilton is thinking of himself and his safety, he is high risk (asthma, like myself) and if its his decision not to play he shouldnt be nullified for it. At first i didn't like it, but its his health /life so noone can really criticise. Just a shame all round really and then it means there is a bye. 
  • Options
    The other table looks proper scrappy one, no breaks over 50. Not watching it but based on the scores of the opening 3 frames:
    59-35 Bingham
    63-19 Carty
    62-19 Bingham

The main table, has been a joy to watch a few twists and high quality. A few misses too so enjoying it! 
  • Options
    Trump just holds back a bit and sticks to safeties he should still win this. Ford tends to win when frames are open, Trumps saftey game has come on so much thats why he won last year, before he didn't have the arsenal. 
  • Options
    Ford has had chances to keep Trump under the cosh but has started looking nervous. 
  • Options
    I am watching it on Eurosport, should just let it lie now really both sides have their point. If they keep talking about it, will not be good for Snooker. Personally Anthony Hamilton is thinking of himself and his safety, he is high risk (asthma, like myself) and if its his decision not to play he shouldnt be nullified for it. At first i didn't like it, but its his health /life so noone can really criticise. Just a shame all round really and then it means there is a bye. 

As I said previously, I can see both sides of the argument.

Hamilton is a severe Asthma sufferer & has every right to pull out of the event if he doesn't feel safe.

BUT

Hearn is also right to say he should never have entered qualifying if he wasn't going to play in the event.  Hamilton has entered the event just to earn a few £ from qualifying, but in doing so, has robbed another professional of the chance to play in the World Championship at The Crucible, which is every snooker players dream
  • Options
    Ford has had chances to keep Trump under the cosh but has started looking nervous. 
    yep both frames trump has won, i assume. Ford has been in first, this frame was a massive mistake and last one left them all on. Trump just plays safety game first then mop up he will win easy. Easy enough to say it but that should be the plan imo
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think paulie might be off now, so ill update the scores where possible
    3-1 Bingham goes into the interval (Again no 50+ break yet)
    Trump pulls back another to make it 3-2 to Ford
  • Options
    I think paulie might be off now, so ill update the scores where possible
    3-1 Bingham goes into the interval
    Trump pulls back another to make it 3-2 to Ford
    Cheers just came on here to say I left mine about 10 minutes ago so my updates are done till this evening

Enjoy the snooker everyone