Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• European Mastrs
    Round 4
    Results

Neil Robertson 5-2 Pang Junxu
    Shaun Murphy 5-4 Tom Ford
    Ding Junui 5-2 Mark Allen
    Mark Selby 5-4 Stuart Bingham
    Judd Trump 5-0 Jackson page
    Kyren Wilson 5-2 Anthony McGill
    Martin Gould 5-3 Peter Devlin
    Yan Bingtao 5-1 Aaron Hill
  • European Masters
    Quarter Final

Neil Robertson v Shaun Murphy
    Ding Junhui v Mark Selby

Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson
    Martin Gould v Yan Bingtao
  • Cheers Paulie - been watching the odd match during the day. 

There was an Austrian fella who lost the other day but was quite impressed with how he played - can’t remember you he was playing now though ! 
  • Liked the Iranian against Ding too. 
  • Been without internet since my last post lol, so I couldn't update this.

Mark Selby beat Martin Gould in the European Masters final

It was Selbys 10th ranking final win in a row, which I know I am a Selby fan but that is some achievement the last 10 ranking finals he has got to he has won
  • Quick update as its been a busy week and set to continue over the next few days

On Monday
    Alexander Ursenbacher win group 11
    Ken Doherty won group 17(which included Neil Robertson)

On Tuesday 
    Luo Honghao win group 9(which included Mark Allen)
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh won group 19

On Wednesday
    Scott Donaldson won group 22
    Mark King won group 23

On Thursday 
    John Higgins won Group 25
    Martin Gould won group 26

On Friday 
    Tom Ford won group 27(funnily Luca Brecel was 2nd with 6 points, he won all 3 groups and the tournament last time with only 5 points in each one, so got more points and is out)
    Jamie Clarke won group 28(which was a 3 man group after Lei Peifan had an inconclusive test on arrival meaning he was forced to withdraw)

On Saturday 
    Kyren Wilson won group 24( which was a 3 man group after Daniel Wells tested positive on arrival and was forced to withdraw, Wilson also finished with 12 frames won 0 lost, so a perfect day for him)
    Mark Davis won group 30

So 4 more groups to go
    20 and 29 tomorrow 
    31 and 32 on Monday
  • edited October 2020
    The final Group however has just opened up

Ronnie O'Sullivan has today pulled out of The Championship League saying he didn't want to be part of the bubble situation again he has bee  replaced by John Astley

• Mark Davis has pulled out after his cue was stolen from his car meaning Mark Selby gets his 2nd bye of the tournament 

Round 1-bye due to Covid
    Round 2-5-0 win
    Round 3-by3 to due theft

Thats disappointing, i know you can get attached to a cue but surely he could have borrowed one or even a racker worst case. Poor reason to withdraw imo 
    He's had it 20 years. John Parris made him a replica a few years ago which he will use if it doesn't get returned. 
    I bought my cue in about 1985. Every other cue just feels weird when you've had a cue for that long.

Oh i get that, i have had mine since i was 15, i used to use for snooker but retipped and use for pool now i dont play snooker. I have a 2nd cue which although is ok it doesn't feel right and the same with the reaction i get from it. 

BTW the cue was handed in, cant remember the full story but someone said that its been found/handed in.  

I think as a professional no matter how tough it is, he should have found a way to play, its not like losing an arm... although he might think it is lol 
  • Mark Davis has pulled out after his cue was stolen from his car meaning Mark Selby gets his 2nd bye of the tournament 

Round 1-bye due to Covid
    Round 2-5-0 win
    Round 3-by3 to due theft

Thats disappointing, i know you can get attached to a cue but surely he could have borrowed one or even a racker worst case. Poor reason to withdraw imo 
    He's had it 20 years. John Parris made him a replica a few years ago which he will use if it doesn't get returned. 
    I bought my cue in about 1985. Every other cue just feels weird when you've had a cue for that long.

Was it Stephen Hendry who said that his cue was a complete pile of shit, but he would never change it because that’s all he knows? 

Round 1-bye due to Covid
    Round 2-5-0 win
    Round 3-by3 to due theft

Was it Stephen Hendry who said that his cue was a complete pile of shit, but he would never change it because that’s all he knows? 
    Yes, although I think he did have to get rid of it in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    14 years ago today

Gone been never forgotten 

R.I.P Paul Hunter 

• English Open Started yesterday was a bit busy to update apologies so will start full updates from 2nd round.

Stephen Maguire was the only top 16 to lose yesterday losing 4-1 to Akani Songsermsawad

There was also surprise defeats for Scott Donaldson against Andy Hicks

Martin Gould again Steven Hallworth

Ali Carter again Jamie Clarke

All of those finished 4-1 to the lower ranked player

Other than that they pretty much went as expected for the final result.

Ding had a scare he was 3-0 behind but recovered.

O'Sullivan was 2-0 behind before winning 4 in a row.

And there qere comfortable 4-0 victories for Selby and Robertson.

• 2 players pulled out pre tournament after a covid test was positive 

Stuart Carrington tested positive and he had come into contact with Sam Craigie so both players withdrew which ment Thepchaiya Un-Nooh(Carringtons opponent) and McGill(Craigies opponent) both got byes

Then yesterday Oliver Lines beat Noppon Saengkham however today his father Peter tested positive and as they had contact both players have withdrawn, so Luo Honhao(Peter Lines Opponent gets a bye) and Anthony McGill who was due to face Oliver Lines gets his 2nd bye and is through to round 3 without playing a match 
  • Mark Williams also withdrew pre tournament for personal reasons
  • Day 2 and the final set of round 1 matches and there was controversy.

Rory McLeod beat Dave Gilbert but it kicked off between the 2 players over a free ball incident 

Rory McLeod thought he had a free ball Dave Gilbert agreed with the ref it wasnt, McLeod was asking for the tournament director and everything(clip below)

In the press conferences afterwards apparently Gilbert said McLeod is always trying to intimidate people and McLeod said Gilberts etiquette was horrendous 
  • And one final thing to add right now.

@johnnybev1987 prepare to be shocked

Credit were credit is due to Ronnie O'Sullivan 

He has painted his nails pink to raise awareness for breast cancer, I suppose with his hands being on the table, its gonna be noticeable 
  • And one final thing to add right now.

@johnnybev1987 prepare to be shocked

Credit were credit is due to Ronnie O'Sullivan 

He has painted his nails pink to raise awareness for breast cancer, I suppose with his hands being on the table, its gonna be noticeable 
    Respect to you for this, i thought it was a great thing to do! Also he said in the past he hasn't always been that forthcoming in raising awareness and charities etc so was good to see. 

Rory McLeod beat Dave Gilbert but it kicked off between the 2 players over a free ball incident 

Rory McLeod thought he had a free ball Dave Gilbert agreed with the ref it wasnt, McLeod was asking for the tournament director and everything(clip below)

In the press conferences afterwards apparently Gilbert said McLeod is always trying to intimidate people and McLeod said Gilberts etiquette was horrendous 
    Looks like a free ball but hard to tell without a close up.

Looks like a free ball but hard to tell without a close up.
    I agree its hard to see but Brendan Moore who is obviously a top referee tweeted this in the comments 

Referee did check this, he was right it isn't a free ball. From the position of the cue ball both extreme edges can be hit.
  • Anyone over 40 that can get to Jersey

Withcurrent difficulties for many of our UK entrants to Jersey who are Northern based we are now opening our top up list. fancy a great week of snooker with places at the crucible up for grabs, and you are over 40 before 2nd November? then email info@snookerlegends.co.uk https://t.co/nAy6IbAGNJ
  • Sponsored links:

• English Open
    Round 2
    Results

Zhou Yuelong 4-3 Farakh Ajaib
    Jamie Clarke 4-1 Liam Highfield
    Ding Junhui 4-1 Luca Brecel
    David Grace 4-3 Andy Hicks
    Andrew Higginson 4-3 Akani Songsermsawad 
    Joe O'Connor 4-3 Rory McLeod
    Liang Wenbo 4-1 Martin O'Donnell
    Steven Hallworth 4-3 Yan Bingtao
    Matthew Stevens 4-2 Zhao Jianbo
    Alexander Ursenbacher 4-0 Nigel Bond
    Neil Robertson 4-2 Mark Joyce
    Xu Si 4-3 Matt Selt
    Kyren Wilson 4-1 Gao Yang 
    Ben Hancorn 4-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Jimmy Robertson 4-1 Luo Honghao 
    Tom Ford 4-2 Jamie Jones
    Robbie Williams 4-0 Mark Allen
    Judd Trump 4-3 Yuan Sijun
    Jak Jones 4-3 Jack Lisowski
    Hossein Vafaei 4-3 Joe Perry 
    Allan Taylor 4-3 Simon Lichtenberg
    Gary Wilson 4-2 Ricky Walden
    Ben Woollaston 4-2 Stuart Bingham
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Ryan Day
    Kurt Maflin 4-0 Jordan Brown
    Barry Hawkins 4-0 Lei Peifan 
    Mark Selby 4-3 Chang Bingyu
    Mark Davis 4-3 Zhao Xintong
    John Higgins 4-0 Connor Benzey
    Michael Holt 4-0 Lu Ning
    David Lilley 4-3 Shaun Murphy
  • edited October 2020
    So we lost top 16 players, Mark Allen, Yan Bingtao,  Stuart Bingham and Shaun Murphy all on the same day.

Great results for:
    Steven Hallworth who is enjoying his time on tour this time around, unlucky in his Championship league group(3 players finished on 6 points, he finished 3rd on frame difference) and now into the 3rd round here.

Ben Hancorn, disappointing in the Championship league and in the European masters but seems to have settled here.

I have to say with these 2 plus Brian Ochoiski who looked good and was unlucky against O'Sullivan in round 1, plus the few players who had a decent run in the European masters and I am gonna include Boiko because I think once he setttles he will be class, there is definitely a new group of players coming through which is brilliant to see.

Now I am not saying they are gonna win tournaments right now but its just good to see these new names coming through from England and Europe, I for one am excited whereas before players got on the tour and you didn't see them doing much, after a couple of tournaments there are definitely a few of the new players i think could at some stage in their career be ranking event winners
  • English Open 
    Round 3

Mark Selby v Liang Wenbo
    Hossein Vafaei v Jamie Clarke 
    David Grace v Andrew Higginson 
    Zhou Yuelong v David Grace

Robbie Williams v Kurt Maflin
    Steven Hallworth v Anthony McGill
    Barry Hawkins v Joe O'Connor 
    Mark Davis v Neil Robertson 

Judd Trump v Michael Holt 
    Allan Taylor v Gary Wilson
    Alexander Ursenbacher v Ben Woollaston 
    Xu Si v Kyren Wilson 

John Higgins v Jimmy Robertson 
    Ding Junhui v Tom Ford
    Ben Hancorn v Jak Jones
    Matthew Stevens v Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • Thursday is 2 round thursday remember in the home nations events so by the end of the day  there will be 8 players left
  • Trump wins again from 3-1 down, this time to Holt. I saw when Holt missed with a chance to win 4-1, turned it off knew what was going to happen. Pretty sure Holt has never beat Trump either, Trump needs to up now or he will lose sooner rather than later. 

Now its Ronnie time , fasten your seat belts. 
  • Trump wins again from 3-1 down, this time to Holt. I saw when Holt missed with a chance to win 4-1, turned it off knew what was going to happen. Pretty sure Holt has never beat Trump either, Trump needs to up now or he will lose sooner rather than later. 

3rd match in a row Trump has won from 3-1 behind, Trump said after his match yesterday he is struggling with the lack of atmosphere, but personally I think its more to do with the fact Jack isnt there.

He started winning tournaments left right and centre when his brother Jack started going to every tournament with him and Judd has said himself that his brother being there helped him so much, I definitely think he is missing not having Jack there atm.

Wasn't 100% sure myself so looked it up Holt has beat Trump 3 times 

2015-4-1 in a European Tour event
    2013-5-1 in the Shanghai Masters
    2011-6-4 in the Six Reds
  • How thick do Eurosport want to make their escape snooker lines 🤣

3rd match in a row Trump has won from 3-1 behind, Trump said after his match yesterday he is struggling with the lack of atmosphere, but personally I think its more to do with the fact Jack isnt there.

He started winning tournaments left right and centre when his brother Jack started going to every tournament with him and Judd has said himself that his brother being there helped him so much, I definitely think he is missing not having Jack there atm.

Wasn't 100% sure myself so looked it up Holt has beat Trump 3 times 

2015-4-1 in a European Tour event
    2013-5-1 in the Shanghai Masters
    2011-6-4 in the Six Reds
    Oh must be someone else Holt always losses too, i might have got confused. Cheers Paulio :) 

Yeah interesting point, his brother definitely helped and a sudden upturn in fortunes. It could be a bit of both really, not firing just yet but then these short formats its not formality. 
  • Damn it, typical Ronnie now gets bashed up :( nevermind i am sure he isn't that bothered Stevens played ok 
  • English Open
    Round 3 Results 

Ding Junhui 4-2 Tom Ford
    Anthony McGill 4-0 Steven Hallworth
    Barry Hawkins 4-2 Joe O'Connor
    Mark Selby 4-3 Liang Wenbo
    Kyren Wilson 4-1 Xu Si
    Ben Woollaston 4-1 Alexander Ursenbacher
    Hossein Vafaei 4-2 Jamie Clarke
    Robbie Williams 4-2 Kurt Maflin
    Andrew Higginson 4-3 David Grace
    Jak Jones 4-2 Ben Hancorn