Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• 1 final thing, there were 6 147s in the 2019/2020 season

Tom Ford made 2 of them
    The other 4 came from
    Stuart Bingham 
    Barry Hawkins 
    Kyren Wilson 
    John Higgins 
  • poor form @paulie8290, just caught up and to not do updates on the final because Selby lost. Pathetic

I had a busy weekend, saw the end of the Ronnie match whilst playing pool. Such drama and was well happy he beat Selby. I assume the opposite to how Paulie felt, i didn't come on here and gloat like he most certainly would have either.... Selby to moan about Ronnies tactics/gamesmanship how ironic, what a poor loser. Its probably down to their rivalry more than most, i dont really agree with Ronnie hit and hopes out of a snooker but i think he got to a point he was like i cant do too much and needed a bit of luck, got away with it but Selby had the run the whole of the match up until then so nevermind.

The final was a bit of an anticlimax, first session neither playing well. Wilson upped his game then on the final day Ronnie played well but also Wilson struggled. 

Also Ronnie won his 6th World tilte, absolutely buzzing! wasn't sure it was going to happen as Paulie predicted it would not but glad he has done it. not sure if he will have another in him but you cant argue he had a tough draw:
    Un-nooh
    Ding
    Williams
    Selby
    Wilson

Came through a bottom half which was very tough! No gloating from me just pleased he has won another. 
  • Please don't call something pathetic that you dont have a clue abput @johnnybev1987

I did not do updates because as I said I did not watch 1 frame of the final, hard to do updates when you dont watch it.

And not that I need yo explain myself to you or anyone else but my mental health hasn't been great recently and I know I have certain triggers that could possibly make me feel worse and seeing O'Sullivan win that would have been one of them hence why I had a few days of snooker before coming back with the the end of season update

If you don't like the way I do things then please let me know and there will be no updates for next season it will save me alot of time
  • Please don't call something pathetic that you dont have a clue abput @johnnybev1987

I did not do updates because as I said I did not watch 1 frame of the final, hard to do updates when you dont watch it.

And not that I need yo explain myself to you or anyone else but my mental health hasn't been great recently and I know I have certain triggers that could possibly make me feel worse and seeing O'Sullivan win that would have been one of them hence why I had a few days of snooker before coming back with the the end of season update

If you don't like the way I do things then please let me know and there will be no updates for next season it will save me alot of time
    on the face of it, it did look like you were acting like a child because Ronnie won, but if it triggers you then i apologise. You always do the updates so fair enough if you cant do it one day but it did look like just because Selby lost/Ronnie won.

Hope you are doing better today, i do understand mental health more than most, but i dont broadcast it. I dont understand your situation fully though so i respect that. 
  • World Seniors
    Last 16
    Result

Ken Doherty 4-3 Rodney Goggins 
  • Also half following the seniors, hard one to call. 
    Outsider Fernandez (playiing now) 
    Peter Lines (still plays events and with his son so probably going to be sharpish) 
    I do have a treble today backing against fernandez - Doherty, Canavan + Morgan, only based on SB recommendations as i already had a small bet on Fernandez at 25. 

Who you going for?
    Peter Lines (still plays events and with his son so probably going to be sharpish) 
    I do have a treble today backing against fernandez - Doherty, Canavan + Morgan, only based on SB recommendations as i already had a small bet on Fernandez at 25. 

Who you going for?
    Think Jimmy or Ken will win overall

Who you going for?
    On paper them or lines should be the ones to beat having just come off the tour. A bit of unknown here which I like not too much form to go on. 

Who you going for?
    On paper them or lines should be the ones to beat having just come off the tour. A bit of unknown here which I like not too much form to go on. 
    Ken is the only 1 not on the tour.

Jimmy White, Peter Lines and Nigel Bond were all on the 1st year of a 2 year tour card so still have a year left on it 
  • World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result

Jimmy White 4-1 Joe Johnson 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    This Patrick Wallace v Darren Morgan match is extremely hard to watch

Both players missing left right and centre 

• edited August 2020
    World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result 

Darren Morgan 4-2 Patrick Wallace 

TBH I switched off for a bit during this game, it was like watching myself play lol, both players were missing everything and I couldn't watch anymore lol, Darren Morgan must have picked it up a bit because it looks like he got a couple of 70+ breaks in the last 2 frames
  • edited August 2020
    World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result

Aaron Canavan 4-3 Leo Fernandez 
  • Just looking at the previous winners of the seniors.  Mark Williams won it in 2015. 3 years later he won his 3rd world professional title.

Have also read in an article that Ronnie O'Sullivan was 1st reserve for this year's event had anyone pulled out!!!
  • World Seniors 
    Last 16

Aaron Canavan 4-3 Leo Fernandez 
    Did you stay up? I did to go 3-3 Aaron potted some proper tough pots, looked like he was out of it but grinded it with a few 8/7's then a nice break at the end. I assume you did as you posted around when it finished, i won some money but lost Leo on the outright, i'll take it as he was only a long shot anyway.
  • Trying to get into the seniors event, but it's so slow & dull
  • edited August 2020
    Trying to get into the seniors event, but it's so slow & dull
    Im with you, stayed up last night and watched it, watching todays just so slow its painful at times. last nights finished with a bit of drama but its a hard watch too.

PS- Half of them i feel like id have a shot at beating, although i havent played snooker for a few years bar the odd frame. The other day in between a pool comp i hit a few balls and was still getting the long blue and then the colours of their spots. Just lost interest as league i used to play only had 1 frame a night singles then a doubles/trebles. Played the cup competitions but again they were hard to organise. Pool is alot easier and also dont mind watching people play pool as much, although still id rather just play lol
  • What is the definition of 'Senior' in snooker?

Over 40, 45?
  • LenGlover said:
    What is the definition of 'Senior' in snooker?

Over 40, 45?
    I think there is more, eg. williams entered before. I thought they made it so anyone who is on the main tour could not enter. 

It might look harder as they are playing on star tables and the tightest ones around, so could be they aren't adjusting properly. looks like most are struggling to get a 30 break, but could be the crucible effect (although no crowd) or tighter tables as they always say. 
  • LenGlover said:
    What is the definition of 'Senior' in snooker?

Over 40, 45?
    New rules for next season after an agreement with WPBSA

Anyone aged 40+ ranked 65 or below can enter World Senior Events 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result

Wayne Cooper 4-2 Gary Filtness 
  • World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result

Michael Judge 4-1 Dennis Taylor 

The way Judge played in frames 1-3 and 5 compared to frame 4, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Judge just gave Taylor frame 4 just so it wasn't 4-0 lol
  • The age old debate seems back and Shaun Murphy has decided to run a poll to decided it once and for all

147 for me is hardest 

Have seen darts players like Michael Smith agree as well that 147 is hardest.

Just dont see how you can put the other 2 ahead off it, a 147 is 36 shots, if you miss 1 of those it's over lol
  • edited August 2020
    Is the Senior Champtionship only on BBC iplayer or red button? Can't view either in Ireland unfortunately 
  • edited August 2020
    Also, no comparison between a 147 and a hole in one, I'm  shite at golf and even I could get a hole in one, I would need to spend thousands of hours at snooker to even make a break of 50+
  • siblers said:
    Is the Senior Champtionship only on BBC iplayer or red button? Can't view either in Ireland unfortunately 
    Should be on the BBC Sports website if u can access that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/snooker/53669676
  • World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result

Stephen Hendry 4-3 Nigel Bond 
  • If both players win there next game it will be Stephen Hendry v Jimmy White in the Semi Final, what a match that would be
  • World Seniors 
    Last 16
    Result

Peter Lines 4-0 Tony Knowles 
  • World Seniors 
    Quarter Finals

Jimmy White v Peter Lines
    Aaron Canavan v Stephen Hendry 

Ken Doherty v Darren Morgan 
    Wayne Cooper v Michael Judge