Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• siblers said:
    Selby very pissed off with Ronnie. Said he was disrespectful and was playing mind games. Selby gone down in my estimations 
    Can u disagree 

He went for every shot tonight, wasnt bothered about playing safe, and didn't really look like he cared for about 5 frames
    siblers said:
    Selby very pissed off with Ronnie. Said he was disrespectful and was playing mind games. Selby gone down in my estimations 
    Can u disagree 

He went for every shot tonight, wasnt bothered about playing safe, and didn't really look like he cared for about 5 frames
    And still won!!!!
    Doesn't mean he wasnt being disrespectful 

He got away with it so much.

4/5 times he went for stupid shots missed and the balls ran safe, all it would have taken is one of those times a red left on and it would have been a different story
    I only watched the deciding frame but listened to Ronnie's interview afterwards. Very revealing & I'd advise you to listen to it if you didnt catch it at the time. 

Basically said his cue action had gone & was like a golfer who kept driving into the rough & having to get the ball back in play anyway he could. Even said that at 16-14 he decided to stand closer to the table (resting his left hip against the table more). Never heard the like before. Golfers are always blaming their swing or putting stroke......not heard a snooker player blame their action before.

I love Ronnie O'Sullivan. So down to earth & a natural talent. Looks like he might have the "yips" atm though. 
  • if only Ronnie had a cue action  ;)
  • KettsJohn said:
    if only Ronnie had a cue action  ;)
    If only I had Ronnie's cue action. 
  • edited August 2020
    Selby basically called O'S a cheat after the game, accusing him of moving into his (Selby's) eyeline and generally doing his best to put him off some shots, No TV evidence I think.
    Also accused him of disrespect. It seems the 'etiquette' in snooker is to attempt to escape from snookers in a 'traditional' manner and not just slam balls everywhere. It depends on individuals to agree with this or not. As has been said O'S is an absolute rotter (to put it politely) but is so talented that he feels able to take the piss and act as he wants. Last point, what is the drug testing regime in snooker ?
  • siblers said:
    Can u disagree 

siblers said:
    Can u disagree 

And still won!!!!

4/5 times he went for stupid shots missed and the balls ran safe, all it would have taken is one of those times a red left on and it would have been a different story
    I only watched the deciding frame but listened to Ronnie's interview afterwards. Very revealing & I'd advise you to listen to it if you didnt catch it at the time. 

Basically said his cue action had gone & was like a golfer who kept driving into the rough & having to get the ball back in play anyway he could. Even said that at 16-14 he decided to stand closer to the table (resting his left hip against the table more). Never heard the like before. Golfers are always blaming their swing or putting stroke......not heard a snooker player blame their action before.

I love Ronnie O'Sullivan. So down to earth & a natural talent. Looks like he might have the "yips" atm though. 
    He has been moaning about his cue action all tournament, its rubbish 

A player with the yips doesnt make the final and make 11 centuries on the way 
  • nice to hear live applause at a sporting venue
  • Poor final so far.  Basically Ronnie not playing well is better than Kyren Wilson not playing well.

Nerves from the latter I think.
  • Selby basically called O'S a cheat after the game, accusing him of moving into his (Selby's) eyeline and generally doing his best to put him off some shots, No TV evidence I think.
    Also accused him of disrespect. It seems the 'etiquette' in snooker is to attempt to escape from snookers in a 'traditional' manner and not just slam balls everywhere. It depends on individuals to agree with this or not. As has been said O'S is an absolute rotter (to put it politely) but is so talented that he feels able to take the piss and act as he wants. Last point, what is the drug testing regime in snooker ?
    Are you suggesting that Ronald's changeability could be down to the (Jimmy) White stuff?
  • Ronnie 6-2 up.  Hendry thinks the match is already over.  I hope he's wrong but we'll see
  • Sponsored links:

• Weird end to that frame. Is he all the ticket?
  • Not watched much this year, caught a game where there was no crowd but seems there's a lot in for the final. Surprised to see no masks and all sitting next to each other. 
  • siblers said:
    Can u disagree 

siblers said:
    Can u disagree 

And still won!!!!

He has been moaning about his cue action all tournament, its rubbish 

A player with the yips doesnt make the final and make 11 centuries on the way 
    Hendry did in 2002
  • 10-7 O'Sullivan. Not a great day's play. O'Sullivan is struggling and Wilson took a while to settle. From 8-2 down Wilson must be happy to still be in the match but it could have been 9-8.
    I think O'Sullivan will probably go up a gear if he has to but at least Wilson is involved now.
  • Turned into a bit of a procession now.

16-8 to Ronnie
  • 17-8.

Ronnie needs just 1 frame in tonights evening session.
  • Ronnie is going to become world champion for a 6th time, having never really got into top gear the entire tournament.  Frightening how good he is really & I guess it adds fuel to his comments the other day.

I don't like him as a person & think he's a bit of a twat, but he is better than the rest by a long way
  • This final is a bit of a non-event. Wilson could have struck a blow if he'd pinched the second to go 10-9 but O'Sullivan has played very solidly since then and Wilson's weaknesses have been exposed. I am sure he will learn from this but in terms of cue ball control he is being outclassed.

• Disappointing old afternoon. I pity the poor sods that shelled out on tickets for tonight's session. 
  • Ronnie is going to become world champion for a 6th time, having never really got into top gear the entire tournament.  Frightening how good he is really & I guess it adds fuel to his comments the other day.

I don't like him as a person & think he's a bit of a twat, but he is better than the rest by a long way
    Indeed he is.
    I still believe that if Davis ,Hendry and Ronnie at their peak all played in the same era he would come a poor 3rd. 
    His mental strength compared to the other two could not have been strong enough. 
    Davis and Hendry at their best would have beaten him more times than not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know if the upcoming seniors tournament is on tv? Thanks in advance.
  • Does anyone know if the upcoming seniors tournament is on tv? Thanks in advance.
    Yes it's being streamed on the BBC website.  I believe selected matches will also be shown on TV
    Yes it's being streamed on the BBC website.  I believe selected matches will also be shown on TV
    Just found out it's on BBC RB1. That is  Channel 991 on Virgin.
  • Just watching pool on free sports and since when can you pot your final ball and then also pot the black in the same shot ? 
  • Oh it’s a shoot out showdown tournament so presume just a rule for this then 
  • End of season update is here.

And I have made sure to include 6 reds this year lol
  • Tournament winners

Riga Masters- Yan Bingtao
    International Championship- Judd Trump
    World Seniors- Jimmy White
    Paul Hunter Classic- Barry Hawkins
    6 Red World Championship- Stephen Maguire
    Shanghai Masters- Ronnie O'Sullivan
    China Championships- Shaun Murphy
    English Open- Mark Selby
    UK Seniors- Michael Judge
    Haining Open- Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    World Open- Judd Trump
    Champion of Champions- Neil Robertson
    Northern Ireland Open- Judd Trump
    UK Championship- Ding Junhui
    Scottish Open- Mark Selby
    The Masters- Stuart Bingham
    European Masters- Neil Robertson
    German Masters- Judd Trump
    World Grand Prix- Neil Robertson
    Welsh Open- Shaun Murphy
    Snooker Shootout- Michael Holt
    Players Championship- Judd Trump
    Championship League 19/20- Scott Donaldson
    Gibraltar Open- Judd Trump
    Championship League 2020- Luca Brecel
    Tour Championship- Stephen Maguire
    World Championship- Ronnie O'Sullivan

Player total wins for the season
    Judd Trump-6
    Neil Robertson-3
    Stephen Maguire-2
    Shaun Murphy-2
    Ronnie O'Sullivan-2
    Mark Selby-2
    Stuart Bingham-1
    Yan Bingtao-1
    Luca Brecel-1
    Scott Donaldson-1
    Michael Holt-1
    Michael Judge-1
    Ding Junhui-1
    Barry Hawkins-1
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh-1
    Jimmy White-1

• End of Season Rankings

1. Judd Trump
    2. Ronnie O'Sullivan
    3. Neil Robertson
    4. Mark Selby
    5. Mark Allen
    6. Kyren Wilson
    7. John Higgins
    8. Shaun Murphy
    9. Stephen Maguire
    10. Mark Williams
    11. Dave Gilbert
    12. Ding Junhui
    13. Stuart Bingham
    14. Jack Lisowski
    15. Yan Bingtao
    16. Joe Perry

17. Barry Hawkins
    18. Gary Wilson
    19. Ali Carter
    20. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    21. Graeme Dott
    22. Anthony McGill
    23. Scott Donaldson
    24. Tom Ford
    25. Zhou Yuelong
    26. Matthew Selt
    27. Kurt Maflin
    28. Jimmy Robertson
    29. Zhao Xintong
    30. Michael Holt
    31. Xiao Guodong
    32. Noppon Saengkham
    33. Matthew Stevens
    34. Martin O'Donnell
    35. Liang Wenbo
    36. Mark King
    37. Ryan Day
    38. Luca Brecel
    39. Mark Davis
    40. Anthony Hamilton
    41. Hossein Vafaei
    42. Ben Woollaston
    43. Lyu Haotian
    44. Li Hang
    45. Yuan Sijun
    46. Ricky Walden
    47. Stuart Carrington
    48. Alan McManus
    49. Robert Milkins
    50. Marco Fu
    51. Lu Ning
    52. Akani Songsermsawad
    53. Martin Gould
    54. Tian Pengfei
    55. Mei Xiwen
    56. Daniel Wells
    57. Chris Wakelin
    58. Sam Craigie
    59. Andrew Higginson
    60. Elliot Slessor
    61. Luo Honghao
    62. Joe O'Connor
    63. Liam Highfield
    64. Mark Joyce

65. Robbie Williams
    66. Fergal O'Brien
    67. Jak Jones
    68. Ken Doherty
    69. Jordan Brown
    70. Michael Georgiou
    71. Michael White
    72. Zhang Anda
    73. Sam Baird
    74. Alfie Burden
    75. Craig Steadman
    76. Jamie Clarke
    77. Ashley Carty
    78. Ian Burns
    79. Alexander Ursenbacher
    80. John Astley
    81. Mike Dunn
    82. Louis Heathcote
    83. Nigel Bond
    84. David Grace
    85. Lee Walker
    86. Dominic Dale
    87. Oliver Lines
    88. Eden Sharav
    89. Harvey Chandler
    90. Jackson Page
    91. Mitchell Mann
    92. Gerard Greene
    93. Kishan Hirani
    94. Chen Feilong
    95. James Wattana
    96. Fan Zhengyi
    97. Hammad Miah
    98. Thor Chuan Leong
    99. Zhang Jiankang
    100. Barry Pinches
    101. Kacper Filipiak
    102. Si Jiahui
    103. Chang Bingyu
    104. Andy Lee
    105. Chen Zifan
    106. Soheil Vahedi
    107. Rod Lawler
    108. Igor Figueiredo
    109. James Cahill
    110. Xu Si
    111. Jimmy White
    112. Simon Lichtenberg
    113. Adam Stefanow
    114. Billy Castle
    115. Jamie O'Neil
    116. Duane Jones
    117. Peter Lines
    118. David Lilley
    119. Brandon Sargeant
    120. Fraser Patrick
    121. Bai Langning
    122. Andy Hicks
    123. Amine Amiri
    124. Lei Peifan
    125. Alex Borg
    126. Riley Parsons
    127. Steve Mifsud

Some of those below the top 64 cut of were on the first year of their 2 year tour card so they were safe, so the players that were relegated were.

Ken Doherty
    Michael Georgiou
    Michael White
    Zhang Anda
    Sam Baird
    Alfie Burden
    Craig Steadman
    John Astley
    Mike Dunn
    Lee Walker
    Oliver Lines
    Harvey Chandler
    Kishan Hirani
    Chen Feilong
    James Wattana
    Fan Zhengyi
    Hammad Miah
    Thor Chuan Leong
    Zhang Jiankang
    Andy Lee
    Simon Lichtenberg
    Adam Stefanow

But since then we have had Q School so we now know that:
    Lee Walker
    Simon Lichtenberg
    Fan Zhengyi
    Oliver Lines
    Regained their tour card straight away.

Still waiting to hear if Ken Doherty or James Wattana will be receiving an invitation Tour Card or if thats it for them, will do a fully update on the list of tpur players next season when I know about those 2 for sure.