Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• The age old debate seems back and Shaun Murphy has decided to run a poll to decided it once and for all

147 for me is hardest 

Have seen darts players like Michael Smith agree as well that 147 is hardest.

Just dont see how you can put the other 2 ahead off it, a 147 is 36 shots, if you miss 1 of those it's over lol
    Easily 147, Golf is pretty much a fluke/ luck dependent. Darts is too mechanical eg. you are throwing at the same place and only takes 9 perfect shots. 147 is 36 balls potted perfect position needed mostly, you cant ever have the same shots. agreed not even a debate
  • Put some on Judge outright this morning 9/2 seems good value.  So have Peter lines and him, still think White/Doherty ones to beat but they have a chance, all on lines/white today , if lines plays well he wins but Jimmy looking sharp. 
  • The age old debate seems back and Shaun Murphy has decided to run a poll to decided it once and for all

147 for me is hardest 

Just dont see how you can put the other 2 ahead off it, a 147 is 36 shots, if you miss 1 of those it's over lol
    Easily 147, Golf is pretty much a fluke/ luck dependent. Darts is too mechanical eg. you are throwing at the same place and only takes 9 perfect shots. 147 is 36 balls potted perfect position needed mostly, you cant ever have the same shots. agreed not even a debate
    No way

9 darts is harder in my opinion.

you need 9 perfect darts - just look at the target size.

with the 147, you can be out of ideal position multiple times, and continue with an alternative red, or manoeuvre the cue ball and stay on the black. You can often have a 12 inch margin of error on some of the shots.

yeah there are more shots involved but for me the 9 darter is harder.

• MrOneLung said:
    The age old debate seems back and Shaun Murphy has decided to run a poll to decided it once and for all

147 for me is hardest 

No way

with the 147, you can be out of ideal position multiple times, and continue with an alternative red, or manoeuvre the cue ball and stay on the black. You can often have a 12 inch margin of error on some of the shots.

I disagree strongly, its your opinion and i see your thought process. The thing is its not perfect you have a margin for error. I barely have played darts and ive hit a 140, checked out 119 too and im rubbish. The fact the board doesnt move means you are always aiming for the same areas so unlike snooker you can get used to it. There are 100x more people who have had 9 darters over 147's also there is a bit of luck with 147 where you need to open the pack or get a good split. I respect your opinion though of course, i also see your point you can mess position up or not quite be in position and still make one but its harder and less likely. 
  • World Seniors 
    Quarter Final
    Result

Stephen Hendry 4-1 Aaron Canavan 

Stephen Hendry looks in great form and so much better than last year at the Seniors

Sightright has clearly worked for him
  • World Seniors 
    Quarter Final
    Result

Stephen Hendry 4-1 Aaron Canavan 

Stephen Hendry looks in great form and so much better than last year at the Seniors

Sightright has clearly worked for him
    He looked very good tbf, almost as if he got back to practicing / playing regular he could compete as good as jimmy, i wouldnt go as far to say he would be able to get back to the top. But would be great to see, nice seeing him play so well. Always felt he retired early, well look at ROS/Higgins/MJW
  • World Seniors 
    Quarter Final 
    Result

Michael Judge 4-1 Wayne Cooper 
  • Snooker Awards 2019/2020

Player of the Year – Judd Trump
    Fans’ Player of the Year – Judd Trump
    Snooker Journalists’ Player of the Year – Judd Trump
    Performance of the Year – Ronnie O’Sullivan
    Rookie of the Year – Louis Heathcote 
    Magic Moment of the Year – John Higgins
  • clean sweep with the 3 player of the year awards for Trump

Also slightly surprised Louis Heathcote won Rookie of the year.

• World Seniors 
    Quarter Final
    Result

Ken Doherty 4-2 Darren Morgan 
  • Sponsored links:

• World Seniors 
    Quarter Final 
    Result

Jimmy White 4-1 Peter Lines
  • World Seniors 
    Semi Final 

Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry 

Ken Doherty v Michael Judge 
  • MrOneLung said:
    The age old debate seems back and Shaun Murphy has decided to run a poll to decided it once and for all

147 for me is hardest 

No way

I disagree strongly, its your opinion and i see your thought process. The thing is its not perfect you have a margin for error. I barely have played darts and ive hit a 140, checked out 119 too and im rubbish. The fact the board doesnt move means you are always aiming for the same areas so unlike snooker you can get used to it. There are 100x more people who have had 9 darters over 147's also there is a bit of luck with 147 where you need to open the pack or get a good split. I respect your opinion though of course, i also see your point you can mess position up or not quite be in position and still make one but its harder and less likely. 
    From a personal respective, of the three sports I was by far the better at snooker. I have made centuries, won league singles championships and been county runner up. But nowhere near a 147.
    Golf- I had a decent swing but was no good. But I have had a hole in one, and on a par 4. It's a fluke. 300 at ten pin would be better to include.
    Darts - I can see the argument. I used to have a board in my room and played a lot. I had a few 180s and did the odd 100 plus checkout. But when I played a couple of team matches I could barely hit the 20. I am sure that pro darts players do the nine darter several times a day in practice. There have been two in one match before. 
    But definitely for me, 147 is the hardest. Although strangely it isn't necessarily the hardest thing in snooker. Some 70s with all the reds on cushions are harder than some 147s. If you changed the rules and made the yellow worth 7 then you would never see a 147.

• poor form @paulie8290, just caught up and to not do updates on the final because Selby lost. Pathetic

I had a busy weekend, saw the end of the Ronnie match whilst playing pool. Such drama and was well happy he beat Selby. I assume the opposite to how Paulie felt, i didn't come on here and gloat like he most certainly would have either.... Selby to moan about Ronnies tactics/gamesmanship how ironic, what a poor loser. Its probably down to their rivalry more than most, i dont really agree with Ronnie hit and hopes out of a snooker but i think he got to a point he was like i cant do too much and needed a bit of luck, got away with it but Selby had the run the whole of the match up until then so nevermind.

The final was a bit of an anticlimax, first session neither playing well. Wilson upped his game then on the final day Ronnie played well but also Wilson struggled. 

Also Ronnie won his 6th World tilte, absolutely buzzing! wasn't sure it was going to happen as Paulie predicted it would not but glad he has done it. not sure if he will have another in him but you cant argue he had a tough draw:
    Un-nooh
    Ding
    Williams
    Selby
    Wilson

Came through a bottom half which was very tough! No gloating from me just pleased he has won another. 
     As an O'Sullivan fan, how did you feel when he chucked the 30th frame v Selby? 
  • World Seniors 
    Semi Final 

Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry 

Ken Doherty v Michael Judge 
    The sponsors will be pretty happy with that line up.
  • MrOneLung said:

147 for me is hardest 

No way

From a personal respective, of the three sports I was by far the better at snooker. I have made centuries, won league singles championships and been county runner up. But nowhere near a 147.
    Golf- I had a decent swing but was no good. But I have had a hole in one, and on a par 4. It's a fluke. 300 at ten pin would be better to include.
    Darts - I can see the argument. I used to have a board in my room and played a lot. I had a few 180s and did the odd 100 plus checkout. But when I played a couple of team matches I could barely hit the 20. I am sure that pro darts players do the nine darter several times a day in practice. There have been two in one match before. 
    But definitely for me, 147 is the hardest. Although strangely it isn't necessarily the hardest thing in snooker. Some 70s with all the reds on cushions are harder than some 147s. If you changed the rules and made the yellow worth 7 then you would never see a 147.

What, because it'd then be a 152?
  • MrOneLung said:

147 for me is hardest 

No way

Do you mean reverse the values of the colours?
     i.e. yellow = 7, green = 6, brown = 5, blue = 4, pink = 3, black = 2?
    That would actually be quite interesting to see - the amount of work required for positioning to make a big break would be enormous. Pointless for average joes like me, but the world class players would have to completely change their approach to the game strategically.
  • Sorry I didnt update this earlier I was up till 6 this morning then up at 10 for the protest so was asleep most of the afternoon lol.

Jimmy White beat Stephen Hendry 4-2
    Ken Doherty beat Michael Judge 4-1

Ken Doherty is now 4-0 up on Jimmy White in the final, bit of a non contest atm, hopefully Jimmy comes back a bit in the 2nd half
  • just listened to Jason Francis of the world seniors tour and he has said they are doing a world seniors q school in jersey which will be open to anyone.

So anyone on here over 40, when details get released I will post on here, if you think you have what it takes and fancy being at the crucible next year, then why not give it a try lol
  • MrOneLung said:

147 for me is hardest 

No way

That would actually be quite interesting to see - the amount of work required for positioning to make a big break would be enormous. Pointless for average joes like me, but the world class players would have to completely change their approach to the game strategically.
    I knew an ex pro who used to play against club players and instead of giving them a start, he was only allowed to pot baulk colours.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

147 for me is hardest 

No way

What, because it'd then be a 152?
    Er no. I meant reverse the points, so yellow is 7 and black is 2 etc.
  • MrOneLung said:

147 for me is hardest 

No way

I knew an ex pro who used to play against club players and instead of giving them a start, he was only allowed to pot baulk colours.
    Interesting! Did it make for competitive games?
  • JIMMY WHITE IS WORLD SENIORS CHAMPION

• World Seniors 
    Final

Jimmy White 5-4 Ken Doherty 

At 4-0 down I did not see this coming what a comeback from Jimmy White as he retains his World Seniors title and a place in the Champion of Champions 
  • STEPHEN HENDRY IS BACK

Yes you read that correct

Stephen Hendry is back, the king of the crucible has taken up a 2 year invitational tour card to join the main tour

https://wst.tv/king-of-the-crucible-hendry-returns/
  • edited September 2020
    So now the invitational cards for Doherty, Wattana and Hendry have been confirmed.

These are the 130 playerd with pro tour cards for this coming season

1. Judd Trump
    2. Ronnie O'Sullivan
    3. Neil Robertson
    4. Mark Selby
    5. Mark Allen
    6. Kyren Wilson
    7. John Higgins
    8. Shaun Murphy
    9. Stephen Maguire
    10. Mark Williams
    11. Dave Gilbert
    12. Ding Junhui
    13. Stuart Bingham
    14. Jack Lisowski
    15. Yan Bingtao
    16. Joe Perry

17. Barry Hawkins
    18. Gary Wilson
    19. Ali Carter
    20. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    21. Graeme Dott
    22. Anthony McGill
    23. Scott Donaldson
    24. Tom Ford
    25. Zhou Yuelong
    26. Matthew Selt
    27. Kurt Maflin
    28. Jimmy Robertson
    29. Zhao Xintong
    30. Michael Holt
    31. Xiao Guodong
    32. Noppon Saengkham
    33. Matthew Stevens
    34. Martin O'Donnell
    35. Liang Wenbo
    36. Mark King
    37. Ryan Day
    38. Luca Brecel
    39. Mark Davis
    40. Anthony Hamilton
    41. Hossein Vafaei
    42. Ben Woollaston
    43. Lyu Haotian
    44. Li Hang
    45. Yuan Sijun
    46. Ricky Walden
    47. Stuart Carrington
    48. Alan McManus
    49. Robert Milkins
    50. Marco Fu
    51. Lu Ning
    52. Akani Songsermsawad
    53. Martin Gould
    54. Tian Pengfei
    55. Mei Xiwen
    56. Daniel Wells
    57. Chris Wakelin
    58. Sam Craigie
    59. Andrew Higginson
    60. Elliot Slessor
    61. Luo Honghao
    62. Joe O'Connor
    63. Liam Highfield
    64. Mark Joyce

65. Robbie Williams
    66. Fergal O'Brien
    67. Jak Jones
    68. Jordan Brown
    69. Jamie Clarke
    70. Ashley Carty
    71. Ian Burns
    72. Alexander Ursenbacher
    73. Louis Heathcote
    74. Nigel Bond
    75. David Grace
    76. Dominic Dale
    77. Eden Sharav
    78. Jackson Page
    79. Mitchell Mann
    80. Gerard Greene
    81. Barry Pinches
    82. Kacper Filipiak
    83. Si Jiahui
    84. Chang Bingyu
    85. Chen Zifan
    86. Soheil Vahedi
    87. Rod Lawler
    88. James Cahill
    89. Igor Figueiredo
    90. Xu Si
    91. Jimmy White
    92. Billy Castle
    93. Jamie O'Neil
    94. Duane Jones
    95. Peter Lines
    96. David Lilley
    97. Brandon Sargeant
    98. Fraser Patrick
    99. Bai Langning
    100. Andy Hicks
    101. Amine Amiri
    102. Lei Peifan
    103. Alex Borg
    104. Riley Parsons
    105. Steve Mifsud

106. Andrew Pagett
    107. Aaron Hill
    108. Ashley Hugill
    109. Iulian Boiko(14 years old)
    110. Gao Yang(16 years old)
    111. Sean Maddocks
    112. Pang Junxu
    113. Zhao Jianbo(16 years old)
    114. Lukas Kleckers
    115. Allan Taylor
    116. Lee Walker
    117. Peter Devlin
    118. Simon Lichtenberg
    119. Fan Zhengyi
    120. Jamie Jones
    121. Zak Surety
    122. Oliver Lines
    123. Ben Hancorn
    124. Rory McLeod
    125. Jamie Wilson(16 years old)
    126. Farakh Ajaib
    127. Steven Hallworth
    128. Ken Doherty
    129. James Wattana
    130. Stephen Hendry  
  • Madness, i mean in a good way. I thought he was playing better this year in the seniors, as i said to paulie great for the game hopefully he can get a good run in one of the events (more likely a PTC event short races). I am not sure he will be able to win a tourney outright, but it would be great to see if he did. 

I am Ronnie over Hendry, but still will be great to see him back and hope he does well. 
  • I don't think he'll do that well. Personally don't think he'll win many matches, but great for the profile of the sport 
  • I don't think he'll do that well. Personally don't think he'll win many matches, but great for the profile of the sport 
    Yeah i think we are all in that boat, noone really expects him to start winning tournaments, even matches would be a start. He announced he is delaying his return until November so he can get himself ready, it would be nice for him to get a couple wins or some sort of run unlikely. Look at Jimmy he is far ahead of Hendry these days and he cant win for toffee (bar the seniors)
  • I'm not a big fan of these tour wildcards. I understand that a lot of people still like to see the old names, but if you're not good enough you shouldn't qualify. Maybe just in a couple of tournaments like the UK and the WC. 
    They need to invest more in the base of the pyramid. Where are kids going to learn to play when there are so few clubs now? 
    O'Sullivan may have made the point in a crass way but he is right that the standard is going down and that is inevitable when all the clubs have gone. Him  Williams and Higgins have all featured in the last 4 world finals but they are not as good as they were ten or twenty years ago. 

Last time Hendry played, didn't he lose 13-1 to Maguire? Mind you he did make a 147 that tournament.