Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    The 1 and only thing I agree with which I pointed out yesterday was that there is no way Wilson should have played yesterday, he played until late in Coventry on Sunday, travelled to Northern Ireland yesteday for a game that evening, and Ronnie who was also in the final had a day of yesterday and got to play today
  • Options

Ronnie's on 1 again. Moaning about the state of the game & criticising Barry Hearn:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46198716

He metioned tennis and said that you wouldnt have the top players qualifing for the US Open or Wimbledon.

Ronnie mate top 16 players dont have to qualify for the Worlds, they get into the Masters, most in The Champion of Champions and in most other events they get seeded, if you dont like it sod off

Would the tour survive with Ronnie yes
    Would the tour survive with Hearn no chance after everything he has done for snooker
    Caused mixed reactions online as ever, yes we know you dont like him. However the sport will be a big loss without Ronnie, whether you think so or not. He brings in the most viewers, is the fans fave, also probably the most that causes debate. Maybe even hated by alot too, this is all good for the game.

When he does hang up, i dont see anyone who is going to replace him. Its the whole package, exciting to watch, his attitude, he is literally the marmite of snooker. This is my own opinion so not gospel, but i am pretty confident that he would be the biggest loss in Snooker to date. Higgins you had Hendry replace, you had Ronnie, Williams, Higgins, Selby, all of these superstars have not really been missed because there is a central figure. Although there are alot of upcoming players, none are like Ronnie, you would say Trump is the closest but he doesn't have the mental game and consistency or even talent ( just a potter imo, prefer Lisowski)

Would the tour survive without Ronnie - Yes - Correct, however there would be a decrease in fans and popularity, he brings people through the door
    Would the tour survive without Hearn - No - Again you are correct, but he doesn't bring people through the door. He has just set up and given the sport more exposure and generated more money/ viewers. He is very good at that like he has done with the Darts.

Ronnie will always cause a stir, get over it :)
  • Options

Ronnie's on 1 again. Moaning about the state of the game & criticising Barry Hearn:

He metioned tennis and said that you wouldnt have the top players qualifing for the US Open or Wimbledon.

Ronnie mate top 16 players dont have to qualify for the Worlds, they get into the Masters, most in The Champion of Champions and in most other events they get seeded, if you dont like it sod off

Would the tour survive with Hearn no chance after everything he has done for snooker
    Caused mixed reactions online as ever, yes we know you dont like him. However the sport will be a big loss without Ronnie, whether you think so or not. He brings in the most viewers, is the fans fave, also probably the most that causes debate. Maybe even hated by alot too, this is all good for the game.

When he does hang up, i dont see anyone who is going to replace him. Its the whole package, exciting to watch, his attitude, he is literally the marmite of snooker. This is my own opinion so not gospel, but i am pretty confident that he would be the biggest loss in Snooker to date. Higgins you had Hendry replace, you had Ronnie, Williams, Higgins, Selby, all of these superstars have not really been missed because there is a central figure. Although there are alot of upcoming players, none are like Ronnie, you would say Trump is the closest but he doesn't have the mental game and consistency or even talent ( just a potter imo, prefer Lisowski)

Would the tour survive without Ronnie - Yes - Correct, however there would be a decrease in fans and popularity, he brings people through the door
    Would the tour survive without Hearn - No - Again you are correct, but he doesn't bring people through the door. He has just set up and given the sport more exposure and generated more money/ viewers. He is very good at that like he has done with the Darts.

All I was saying was every single tournement he moans at something, no one is forcing him to play, if he doesnt like it he can sod off.

Ronnie doesnt play at every event and the crowds still go, yes the crowds love him but i highly doubt there would be half empty arenas without him.

He just need to get on with playing and not moaning,

Even before the Williams Carter match he had to have a dig at Carter, Andy Goldstein asked ROS if he had seen Carter around the arena and Ronnie said I saw him yesterday we didnt even look at each other, I will never forget his behaviour at Sheffield, Snooker is a non contact sport.
  • Options
    Sorry I forgot to update the final round 1 matches will do it now
  • Options

All I was saying was every single tournement he moans at something, no one is forcing him to play, if he doesnt like it he can sod off.

Ronnie doesnt play at every event and the crowds still go, yes the crowds love him but i highly doubt there would be half empty arenas without him.

He just need to get on with playing and not moaning,

Even before the Williams Carter match he had to have a dig at Carter, Andy Goldstein asked ROS if he had seen Carter around the arena and Ronnie said I saw him yesterday we didnt even look at each other, I will never forget his behaviour at Sheffield, Snooker is a non contact sport.
    its just you dont like him, anyone opinionated will always have something to say. He is actually being constructive, even went onto say that if China had a tour which was run better he would play.

I think he has a point, not necessarily Federer/Nadal argument, but sometimes it is pointless playing these lower level players unless they have earnt it. My view a flat 128 is a bit much, it gives more people opportunity but it also makes every tournament more of a shootout (Eg. Race to 4), i would much prefer quality where the UK used to be longer format. The World Championship is the only one which you can guarantee the winner deserved it. I liken it to me playing pool, if i was playing you race to 3/4 you would have alot more chance if i was playing race to 10-15. Its not that i think it should be tailored to the better players but, there are so many tournaments and nobodies who are considered professionals.

There is no winner really, the new structuring should look after lower ranked players and give them more opportunities but you dont really see that happening too much.

Its a tough task , but Barry does a great job. Still no reason why he shouldn't be challenged by their leading player
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 1
    Results

Chris Totten 4-3 Dominic Dale
    Dave Gilbert 4-1 Fergal O'Brien
    Kishan Hirani 4-3 Jak Jones
    Mark Kinh 4-0 John Astley
    Hammad Miah 4-2 Basem Eltahhan
    Lu Ning 4-3 Craig Steadman
    Mei Xiwen 4-0 Zhang Jiankang
    Peter Ebdon 4-0 Patrick Wallace
    Chen Feilong 4-2 Marco Fu
    Robbie Williams 4-0 Simon Lichtenberg
    Alan McManus 4-0 Allan Taylor
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-0 Soheil Vahedi
    Ross Muir 4-1 Elliot Slessor
    Sean O'Sullivan 4-1 Andy Lee
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-0 Rob Milkins
    Scott Donaldson 4-1 Ken Doherty
    Mark Selby 4-1 Anthony Hamilton
    Sam Baird 4-2 Shaun Murphy
    Sanderson Lam 4-3 Joe O'Conner
    Jack Lisowski 4-0 Hossein Vafaei
    Zhang Anda 4-3 Yan Bingtao
    Hamza Akbar 4-2 Ashley Hugill
    David Lilley 4-2 Duane Jones
    Jimmy Robertson 4-1 James Cahill
    Joe Swail 4-1 Luke Simmonds
    Judd Trump 4-2 Matt Selt
    Matthew Stevens 4-3 Ricky Walden
    Martin O'Donnell 4-3 Jimmy White
    Robin Hull 4-1 Jordan Brown
    Nigel Bond 4-2 Joe Perry
    Neil Robertson 4-3 Ben Woollaston
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 2
    Results

Luca Brecel 4-0 Ian Burns
    Li Hang 4-2 Sam Craigie
    Mark Davis 4-1 Luo Honghao
    Peter Ebdin 4-3 Lee Walker
    Andrew Higginson 4-3 Yuan Sijun
    Xiao Guodong 4-3 Akani Songsermsawad
    Gary Wilson 4-3 Daniel Wells
    Eden Sharav 4-2 Michael White
    Ryan Day 4-3 Zhang Anda
    Billy Joe Castle 4-1 Rory McLeod
    Robin Hull 4-1 Tian Pengfei
    Matthew Stevens 4-1 Gerard Greene
    Hamza Akbar 4-3 Alexander Ursenbacher
    Ali Carter 4-3 Mark Williams
    Dave Gilbert 4-2 Chen Zifan
    Joe Swail 4-2 Nigel Bond
    Michael Holt 4-3 Mark King
    Hammad Miah 4-0 Niu Zhuang
    Mark Selby 4-0 Jimmy Robertson
    Zhou Yuelong 4-0 Kishan Hirani
    Lu Ning 4-1 Alan McManus
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-0 Ross Muir
    Neil Robertson 4-3 Kurt Maflin
    Ronnie O'Sulluvan 4-1 Mei Xiwen
    Tom Ford 4-3 Chris Wakelin
    Chris Totten 4-3 Sam Baird
    Scott Donaldson 4-2 David Lilley
    Robbie Williams 4-2 Peter Lines
    Sanderson Lam 4-3 Sean O'Sullivan
    Martin O'Donnell 4-1 Chen Feilong
    Judd Trump 4-0 Stuart Carrington
    Jack Lisowski 4-3 Liam Highfield
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 3
    Fixtures(gonna split them into the quarters)

Ali Carter(18) v Xiao Guodong(26)
    Joe Swail(98) v Eden Sharav(77)

Li Hang(39) v Neil Robertson(11)
    Mark Davis(34) v Peter Ebdon(51)

Would expext to see a Carter v Robertson quarter final
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Judd Trump(5) v Jack Lisowski(17) the 3rd time these 2 have meet in the past month and they met at the exact same stage of the English Open
    Luca Brecel(13) v Gary Wilson(38)

Robin Hull(81) v Ryan Day(14)
    Andrew Higginson(57) v Billy Joe Castle(96)

Personally see it as a Lisowski v Day quarter final or Trump V Day
    Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Tom Ford(36)
    Michael Holt(45) v Zhou Yuelong(32)

Lu Ning(123) v Hammad Miah(122)
    Matthew Stevens(44) v Dave Gilbert(22)

O'Sulluvan v Stevens in the quarters for me
    Chris Totten(91) v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh(62)
    Robbie Williams(63) v Sanderson Lam(108)

Scott Donaldson(53) v Martin O'Donnell(60)
    Hamza Akbar(102) v Mark Selby(1)

Selby v Un-Nooh in the quarters for me
  • Options
    Yay we are playing that game again :)

Was going to predict the quarters, but i agree with you on all, potentially Xiao Guodong instead of Carter but only to be different.
    Same with Trump/ Lisowski, ill go for Trump to be different but pretty much agree with you on the predictions.

I see there was more drama with Ronnie, he broke off and hit the blue? Never in my life have i done that. I have probably missed the pack with a miscue but not sure how that is possible?
  • Options

Was going to predict the quarters, but i agree with you on all, potentially Xiao Guodong instead of Carter but only to be different.
    Same with Trump/ Lisowski, ill go for Trump to be different but pretty much agree with you on the predictions.

I see there was more drama with Ronnie, he broke off and hit the blue? Never in my life have i done that. I have probably missed the pack with a miscue but not sure how that is possible?

It was 1-1 and he was clearly bored and tried to be over clever, he tried something that I have never seen nor had the comentators, he put the White next to the green, then tried to hit the pack on the Yellow side and misjudged it and hit the blue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was 1-1 and he was clearly bored and tried to be over clever, he tried something that I have never seen nor had the comentators, he put the White next to the green, then tried to hit the pack on the Yellow side and misjudged it and hit the blue
    All very odd that, i did see the clip briefly but didn't really pay too much attention. I saw comments saying how disrespectful he was, also could see he did look disinterested. Thats Ronnie for you, there is a fine line between genius / Insanity.
  • Options
    I've tried that shot in practice when mucking around. To play it in a match is taking the piss. His attitude at the moment is all wrong.
  • Options

I've tried that shot in practice when mucking around. To play it in a match is taking the piss. His attitude at the moment is all wrong.

Might have to give it a go, although dont have my snooker table up anymore :( so haven't really played in a while. Weekend going butlins so might have a frame with one of my mates
  • Options

Might have to give it a go, although dont have my snooker table up anymore :( so haven't really played in a while. Weekend going butlins so might have a frame with one of my mates
    Another one to try, put the white on the yellow spot and black on its spot and try cutting it into the corner on the yellow side of the table. It looks almost impossible but it isn't.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Another one to try, put the white on the yellow spot and black on its spot and try cutting it into the corner on the yellow side of the table. It looks almost impossible but it isn't.
    Was going to say sounds easy enough but to cut it back sounds alot harder :O shame i dont really have much passion for snooker these days and more into pool (played every day this week leagues/ cup)

On a pool table we sometimes do penalty shoot outs on the black and i usually get about 8/10, obviously its alot easier on a pool table but if its a bit of pressure its a bit harder and not as easy as you would think
  • Options
    Robertson is out, losing 4-0 to Li Hang. Bit of a shock considering Robertsons form, although Li Hang is quite a solid player and currently has the highest break
  • Options
    Not to surprised about Robbo he hasnt played great this week.

Round 1-Ben Woollaston was 3-1 up and lost 4-3
    Round 2-Kurt Maflin was 3-0 up and lost 4-3
    Round 3-Li Hang won 4-0

He was lucky to last as long as he did
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 3
    Results

Ali Carter 4-2 Xiao Guodong
    Peter Ebdon 4-1 Mark Davis
    Andrew Higginson 4-2 Billy Joe Castle
    Zhou Yuelong 4-3 Michael Holt
    Ryan Day 4-3 Robin Hull
    Lu Ning 4-2 Hammad Miah
    Dave Gilbert 4-2 Matthew Stevens
    Eden Sharav 4-2 Joe Swail
    Mark Selby 4-0 Hamza Akbar
    Luca Brecel 4-2 Gary Wilson
    Martin O'Donnell 4-1 Scott Donaldson
    Li Hang 4-0 Neil Robertson
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-1 Chris Totten
    Robbie Williams 4-1 Sanderson Lam
    Ronnie O'Sullican 4-0 Tom Ford
    Judd Trump 4-0 Jack Lisowski
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 4
    Fixtures

Ali Carter(18) v Eden Sharav(77)
    Li Hang(39) v Peter Ebdon(51)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Judd Trump(5) v Luca Brecel(13)
    Ryan Day(14) v Andrew Higginson(57)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Zhou Yuelong(32)
    Lu Ning(123) v Dave Gilbert(22)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh(62) v Robbie Williams(63)
    Martin O'Donnell(60) v Mark Selby(1)
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 3
    Results

Eden Sharav 4-3 Ali Carter
    Peter Ebdon 4-1 Li Hang
    Dave Gilbert 4-0 Lu Ning
    Mark Selby 4-2 Martin O'Donnell
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Zhou Yuelong
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-0 Robbie Williams
    Judd Trump 4-2 Luca Brecel
    Ryan Day 4-0 Andrew Higginson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Quarter Final
    Fixtures

Eden Sharav(77) v Peter Ebdon(51)
    Judd Trump(5) v Ryan Day(14)

Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Dave Gilbert(22)
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh(62) v Mark Selby(1)
  • Options

Was going to say sounds easy enough but to cut it back sounds alot harder :O shame i dont really have much passion for snooker these days and more into pool (played every day this week leagues/ cup)

On a pool table we sometimes do penalty shoot outs on the black and i usually get about 8/10, obviously its alot easier on a pool table but if its a bit of pressure its a bit harder and not as easy as you would think
    Where do you put the black?
  • Options
    Hate the schedule for the home nations quarter finals,I have said it every event its so unfair.

4 matches
    3 on table 1 and on TV
    1 on table 2 and not on tv

So 3 players get the advantage of playing on table 1(which the semis will be on) and the tv lights, 1 of the semi finalist(Ebdon or Sharav) wont get that advantage
  • Options
    Anyway 1st quarter final has finished

Mark Selby beating Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-3

Trump V Day up next
  • Options
    2nd quarter final finished

Judd Trump 5-3 Ryan Day
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Quarter Final
    Results

Mark Selby 5-3 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Judd Trump 5-3 Ryan Day
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-2 Dave Gilbert
    Eden Sharav 5-4 Peter Ebdon
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Semi Final
    Fixtures

Eden Sharav (77) v Judd Trump(5)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Mark Selby(1)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    So 3 Englishman and 1 Scotsman in the last 4 of the Alex Higgins Trophey
  • Options
    I have genuinely never heard of Eden Sharav
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I have genuinely never heard of Eden Sharav

Not many people would have done.

He was born in Israel but declares himself as scottish, he is 26 years old and after turning pro in 2015 his career high ranking has been 70, he had never got past the 2nd round in an event until this season(apart from once he got to the 3rd round of the shootout).

I honestly think his turn around in form has been because of the World Championship he lost 10-7 to Elliot Slessor and smashed his cue to pieces, pros always say the cue is so important and it has to feel right, maybe this new cue is feeling better for him, as he has won more matches this season aleeady than in the last 3 combined