Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    1st Semi in underway on Eurosport and Quest

Selby beating Ronnie 1-0 1st to 6, looks like its gonna be 1-1
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well that was some 1st semi

O'Sullivan 5-3 up
    Selby back to 5-5

Selby in 1st in decider, missed a black, then O'Sullivan missed a black.
    Selby fluked a snooker
    O'Sullivan fluked a pot of the snooker and won the frame and match

• Options
    This is the fluked red that took Ronnie into the final

• Options
    It was a great match. O'Sullivan made three tons including a 112 total clearance, and could have had another two. Selby stuck in there and showed why he is world number one. But he missed a black off the spot in the last when he looked like winning in one visit.
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Semi Final
    Results

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-5 Mark Selby
    Judd Trump 6-3 Eden Sharav
  • Options
    Now prepare yourself for something I never in my life thought I would say

I hope Ronnie wins tomorrow, not just wins but really does a number on Trump
  • Options

Why's that mate?

You know I love Ronnie so I hope he wins too, just interested to know what it is about Trump that you dislike.
  • Options

Why's that mate?

You know I love Ronnie so I hope he wins too, just interested to know what it is about Trump that you dislike.
    Trump made some comments earlier this week regarding Kyren Wilson, basically saying wilson is nowhere near the player trump is, people need to stop comparing them, he went on for a few minutes.

Now last Sunday Wilson took O'Sullivan to a final frame decider, if Ronnie wins 9-3/9-4 it might shut Judd up abit.

Dont normally have an issue with him and if this was the next event I would want Judd to win, but as those comments were made this week and after Wilson pushed Ronnie I really want Judd to be spanked
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Final
    1st session

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-4 Judd Trump
  • Options

Why's that mate?

Trump made some comments earlier this week regarding Kyren Wilson, basically saying wilson is nowhere near the player trump is, people need to stop comparing them, he went on for a few minutes.

Now last Sunday Wilson took O'Sullivan to a final frame decider, if Ronnie wins 9-3/9-4 it might shut Judd up abit.

Dont normally have an issue with him and if this was the next event I would want Judd to win, but as those comments were made this week and after Wilson pushed Ronnie I really want Judd to be spanked
    And he paid £18,000 for a pair of (crap) shoes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking final this
  • Options
    Although I've just turned over to I'm a Celeb!!
  • Options
    JUDD TRUMP IS NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN CHAMPION
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Final

Judd Trump 9-7 Ronnie O'Sullivan
  • Options
    Well this is boring,

Why should snooker players get a week off, god man its a disgrace :wink:
  • Options
    Finally we are back

The UK Championship starts tomorrow
    Unfortunatly no TV Coverage until Saturday(unless you have Eurosport Player) and even then its split between BBC and Eurosport and BBC only have afternoon coverage.

Ronnie is defending Champion having beat Shaun Murphy 10-3 in last years final
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Round 1
    Matches

Quarter 1

Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Luke Simmonds(A)
    Yuan Sijun(67) v Ken Doherty(68)
    Zhou Yuelong(32) v Soheil Vahedi(100)
    Mark Davis(33) v Sam Baird(99)
    Marco Fu(16) v Hammad Miah(117)
    Michael Georgiou(51) v Luo Honghao(83)
    Jack Lisowski(17) v Zhang Jiankang(116)
    Fergal O'Brien(50) v Mei Xiwen(84)
    Lyu Haotian(41) v Tian Pengfei(91)
    Jimmy Robertson(24) v Jordan Brown(108)
    Martin O'Donnell(59) v Xu Si(76)
    Shaun Murphy(9) v Chen Feilong(124)
    Ben Woollaston(40) v Alfie Burden(92)
    Xiao Guodong(25) v Sean O'Sullivan(107)
    Matt Selt(60) v Zhang Yong(75)
    Ding Junhui(8) v Adam Stefanow(125)

Quarter 2

Judd Trump(5) v David Lilley(A)
    Dominic Dale(63) v Gerard Greene(72)
    Mark King(23) v Elliot Slessor(104)
    Li Hang(37) v Lee Walker(95)
    Ryan Day(12) v Joe O'Connor(121)
    Andrew Higginson(53) v Nigel Bond(79)
    Joe Perry(21) v John Astley(111)
    Michael Holt(46) v Chen Zifan(88)
    Mark Joyce(47) v Niu Zhuang(87)
    Anthony McGill(20) v Lu Ning(112)
    Liam Highfield(55) v Robin Hull(80)
    Luca Brecel(13) v Fan Zhengyi(120)
    Tom Ford(36) v Craig Steadman(96)
    Rob Milkins(29) v Sanderson Lam(103)
    Alan McManus(64) v Alexander Ursenbacher(71)
    John Higgins(4) v Dechawat Poomjaeng(A)

Quarter 3

Mark Selby(1) v James Cahill(A)
    Akani Somgsermsawad(65) v Eden Sharav(70)
    Ricky Walden(30) v Jak Jones(102)
    Michael White(35) v Joe Swail(97)
    Stuart Bingham(14) v James Wattana(119)
    Kurt Maflin(54) v Zhang Anda(81)
    Dave Gilbert(19) v Ashley Carty(113)
    Peter Ebdon(48) v Chris Totten(88)
    Stuart Carrington(45) v Paul Davison(89)
    Yan Bingtao(22) v Lukas Kleckers(110)
    Mike Dunn(57) v Allan Taylor(78)
    Kyren Wilson(11) v Andy Lee(A)
    Gary Wilson(38) v Bill Joe Castle(94)
    Liang Wenbo(27) v Sam Baird(105)
    Robbie Williams(62) v Ian Burns(73)
    Barry Hawkins(6) v Jamie Rhys Clarke(127)

Quarter 4

Mark Allen(7) v Bassem Eltahhan(126)
    Rory McLeod(61) v Peter Lines(74)
    Martin Gould(26) v Harvey Chandler(106)
    Hossein Vafaei(39) v Ashley Hugill(93)
    Neil Robertson(10) v Kishan Hirani(123)
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh(58) v Jimmy White(77)
    Graeme Dott(23) v Oliver Lines(109)
    Matthew Stevens(42) v Ross Muir(90)
    Chris Wakelin(49) v Duane Jones(85)
    Ali Carter(18) v Thor Chuan Leong(114)
    Scott Donaldson(53) v Li Yuan(82)
    Stephen Maguire(15) v Simon Lichtenberg(118)
    Noppon Saengkham(34) v Hamza Akbar(98)
    Anthony Hamilton(31) v Rod Lawler(101)
    Daniel Wells(66) v Zhao Xintong(69)
    Mark Williams(2) v Adam Duffy(A)
  • Options
    Jesus that took a while to write up, I fucking hope you appreciate it haha
  • Options
    What I find interesting is that the previous years winner always starts the tournament, its that way in every event, yet Ronnie does not play his 1st match until Thursday afternoon.

In the past Ronnie has said he doesnt like hanging around after his 1st match so not sure if this has been done to accomadate him, instead of Tuesday-Saturday it will be Thursday-Saturday if thats the case the its wrong changing things to suit 1 player.
  • Options

I've tried that shot in practice when mucking around. To play it in a match is taking the piss. His attitude at the moment is all wrong.

Might have to give it a go, although dont have my snooker table up anymore :( so haven't really played in a while. Weekend going butlins so might have a frame with one of my mates
    Another one to try, put the white on the yellow spot and black on its spot and try cutting it into the corner on the yellow side of the table. It looks almost impossible but it isn't.
    Was going to say sounds easy enough but to cut it back sounds alot harder :O shame i dont really have much passion for snooker these days and more into pool (played every day this week leagues/ cup)

On a pool table we sometimes do penalty shoot outs on the black and i usually get about 8/10, obviously its alot easier on a pool table but if its a bit of pressure its a bit harder and not as easy as you would think
    Where do you put the black?
    Sorry for late response, its on the black spot. It should be easy but if you are playing 1 on 1 thats where it gets trick, or if you switch sides you are potting it for the bragging rights :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jesus that took a while to write up, I fucking hope you appreciate it haha

Blimey that just looks long:
    First quarter: Ronnie
    2nd:Trump - Ronnie will get you next time!
    3rd:Selby
    4th: Robertson/ Allen
    looks fairly straight forward for the main faves, but as you know its very unlikely the top 4 seeds in each section will go through.
  • Options
    Good article with Stuart Bingham about betting in Snooker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46318955
  • Options

Good article with Stuart Bingham about betting in Snooker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46318955

Agree the abuse is out of hand, have seen it myself on twitter, a player loses and they get messages saying I hope you die and your family dies, some of the things I have seen on twitter is digusting.

But saying that I am sorry Stuart but this is a load of bollocks But the Basildon player strenuously denied putting money on matches he was involved in, saying they were placed only by another person with whom he shared an account. there is no way you share a betting account with someone else
  • Options
    I have no idea whether he did or not , but unless he was betting on himself to lose, I don't see a problem with players having a bet
  • Options

I have no idea whether he did or not , but unless he was betting on himself to lose, I don't see a problem with players having a bet

Massive conflict of interest, so many things they could influence it just would be too hard to monitor. Correct decision imo

Agree what he says about all the betting firms being advertised in every tournament, it gets very over the top so must be easy for someone to do it.
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Round 1
    Results

Ding Junhi 6-1 Adam Stefanow
    Luo Honghao 6-0 Michael Georgiou
    Tian Pengfei 6-4 Lyu Haotian
    Jack Lisowksi 6-1 Zhang Jiankang
    Martin O'Donnell 6-4 Xu Si
    Neil Robertson 6-2 Kishan Hirani
    Ken Doherty 6-2 Yuan Sijun
    Zhou Yuelong 6-1 Soheil Vahedi
    Michael Holt 6-1 Chen Zifan
    Rob Milkins 6-1 Sanderson Lam
    Matt Selt 6-2 Zhang Yong
    Judd Trump 6-0 David Lilley
    Kyren Wilson 6-0 Andy Lee
    Ben Woollaston 6-3 Alfie Burden
    Jak Jones 6-5 Ricky Walden
    Dominic Dale 6-4 Gerard Greene
  • Options
    Cheers Paulie, no shocks there really. Kind of proving Ronnies point there should be a main 32 players, most of those were thrashings
  • Options

Cheers Paulie, no shocks there really. Kind of proving Ronnies point there should be a main 32 players, most of those were thrashings

Gotta say I disagree,
    Ricky Walden ranked 30th lost to Jak Jones ranked 105th, also 3 other players lst to players lower ranked.

So 1/4 of matches yesterday went to the lower ranked players, yes most were 1 sided, but the lower ranked players gain experience from matches like that, Ronnie himself has lost to players below 64 in the world(Eliott Slessor has beaten him twice)

The way the draw is done the top players have an easy chance of getting past a few rounds anyway look at Ronnie

Last 128-Simmond- Doesnt even hold a tour card
    Last 64-Sijun(67) or Doherty(68)
    Last 32-Zhou Yuelong(32), Soheil Vahedi(100), Mark Davis(33), Sam Baird(99)

So he wont face anyone in the top 32 until the last 16 and if he loses before then its only himself to blame.

Personally I love the tour the way it is
  • Options
    I personally think top 16 should enter at a later round, but it does bring the odd few shocks and hopefully a chance for the lower ranked players.

In this Tournament alone it does look very easy to pick, Jak Jones isn't a massive shock win as Ricky hasn't really played too well last couple off years. Isn't Jak Jones the one who practices with Mark Williams or is it Duane Jones? Top 16 is a step up from anyone outside of the top 16 imo but still not always formality.

But imagine Ronnie didn't make the TV rounds and another few shocks before its even on TV, this would be great for the lower ranked players but not for the fans as most wouldn't bother watching it Imo.

It is what it is, the end of the day! Since Hearn has stepped in he has done brilliant and you cant please everyone, i haven't really heard much of the challenge tour of late either. Feels like Pool is growing, snooker is kind of standing still now.
  • Options

I personally think top 16 should enter at a later round, but it does bring the odd few shocks and hopefully a chance for the lower ranked players.

In this Tournament alone it does look very easy to pick, Jak Jones isn't a massive shock win as Ricky hasn't really played too well last couple off years. Isn't Jak Jones the one who practices with Mark Williams or is it Duane Jones? Top 16 is a step up from anyone outside of the top 16 imo but still not always formality.

But imagine Ronnie didn't make the TV rounds and another few shocks before its even on TV, this would be great for the lower ranked players but not for the fans as most wouldn't bother watching it Imo.

It is what it is, the end of the day! Since Hearn has stepped in he has done brilliant and you cant please everyone, i haven't really heard much of the challenge tour of late either. Feels like Pool is growing, snooker is kind of standing still now.

Actually saw a great tweet the other day which sums up what i have always said