Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    As I've said many times. Ronnie is the greatest snooker player I've ever seen & I love watching him play, but he's an absolute twat!!
  • Options
    I think he is just trying to wind Hearn up but he does come out with some crap sometimes.
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Round 3
    Results

Tom Fors 6-3 Alan McManus
    Lu Ning 6-4 Luca Brecel
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-0 Zhou Yuelong
    Kyren Wilson 6-2 Yan Bingtao
    Stephen Maguire 6-3 Ali Carter
    Joe Perry 6-2 Joe O'Connor
    Martin O'Donnell 6-4 Tian Pengfei
    Mark Williams 6-3 Noppon Saengkham
  • Options
    Cheers for updates Paulie, Watched a bit of Ronnie yesterday but Yulong gifted him most frames and ROS wasn't really firing scoreline was flattering.

Disappointing 2 more players have been involved in match fixing, shame about Cao Yupeng as he is a good player and had a good few results. 1 non ranking victory, was finalist in 2 events last year and 1 semi.

Cant say i have read any of the ROS stuff but heard them briefly talking about another tour, he wont do it its more just a way of trying to manipulate the tour but neither will ever happen IMO. Jimmy White was saying that Ronnie could play on a tour in China for alot more money but doesn't want to do this, although they are good friends so he will probably always see Ronnies view.
  • Options
    Big game this afternoon

Lisowski v Fu

Carter losing last night has droppes him out of the race to the masters and Brecel who is currently 14th is waiting on other results after his defeat
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @paulie8290 I have a question regarding the 2 banned Chinese players in the match fixing scandal & value your input on this thread.

How does a player fix a score in a match without the other player knowing?? I just can't get my head around how the other player wouldn't be in on it? If the Chinese players were meant to lose 4-0 I could understand , but that doesn't seem to be the case
  • Options

@paulie8290 I have a question regarding the 2 banned Chinese players in the match fixing scandal & value your input on this thread.

How does a player fix a score in a match without the other player knowing?? I just can't get my head around how the other player wouldn't be in on it?

Basically what they are saying was that the players fixes either result or how many frames which is easy enough to do if you pick the right games for example 2 of Delus was either player to win 4-3 against Martin McCrudden and Ian Glover, now he should beat either of those so would have no issue winning 3 or 4 frames and just needed to mess up shots on the other frames to make sure the other player won 3 frames and make it look like a miss cue or a bad shot.

With his match against Georgiou it was that he would lose 5-0 so again just miss shots and make it look like u are annoyed.

Cao Yupeng was under a certain amount of frames in matches against Maguire, Carter and Bingham, each time he had to win 1 frame, so he was relying on winning a frame and then playing badly on purpose
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Round 3
    Results

Stuart Bingham 6-2 Dave Gilbert
    Jack Lisowski 6-3 Marco Fu
    Neil Robertson 6-5 Graeme Dott
    Judd Trump 6-2 Mark King
    Akani Songsermsawad 6-2 Jak Jones
    Mark Allen 6-2 Hossein Vafaei
    Ding Junhui 6-4 Xiao Guodong
    Barry Hawkins 6-4 Gary Wilson
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Last 16

Quarter 1

Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Jack Lisowski(17)
    Martin O'Donnell(59) v Ding Junhui(8)

Quarter 2

Judd Trump(5) v Joe Perry(21)
    Lu Ning(112) v Tom Ford(36)

Quarter 3

Akani Songsermsawad(65) v Stuart Bingham(14)
    Kyren Wilson(11) v Barry Hawkins(6)

Quarter 4

Mark Allen(7) v Neil Robertson(10)
    Stephen Maguire(15) v Mark Williams(2)
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Jack Lisowski(17) - could be a cracker, hopefully Lisowski turns up and could cause an upset

Quarter 4 is tough to call each matfch, Wilson / Hawkins also tough one. Some good matches there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jack wont be happy
    2-1 Behind but had chances to be 3-0 ahead
  • Options
    Again in 4th frame in 1st and misses a black of the spot
  • Options

Again in 4th frame in 1st and misses a black of the spot

Dont be too upset about it, looks like Ronnie has stepped up a level in scoring since the break :) Come on Ronald
  • Options
    Game on right now in the other one, Williams was 4-0 up against Maguire. Now 4-4 3 centuries from Mags. race to 2

Ronnie through 6-1, could have been a bigger test but will take that :)
  • Options
    McGuire wins 4 frames on the trot to level up with Williams 4-4
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Come on Maguire

1 more frame and Selby holds onto his world number 1 slot
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    OMG
    What a double to take on by Maguire and what a time to do it

Shot of the tournament by far
  • Options

OMG

Lol behave Paulie
  • Options

OMG

Lol behave Paulie
    Really?

Final frame decider, it wasnt a natural double he had to make the angle and if he missed the colours were on their spots and Williams would have won frame and match.

Cant think of a better shot in those circumstances
  • Options
    edited December 2018

OMG

Lol behave Paulie
    Really?

Final frame decider, it wasnt a natural double he had to make the angle and if he missed the colours were on their spots and Williams would have won frame and match.

Cant think of a better shot in those circumstances
    Was a great shot undoubtedly mate.

However, the balls were pretty much in line with the pink spot so it's a natural half ball double.

Was also played with an element of safety in mind, the red up towards baulk and the white by the black.

Don't get me wrong, fantastic shot, but he would have backed himself there.

Stunning performance by Maguire though after the interval - he was all over the place beforehand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    147ALERT on red button
    8 red 8 blacks
    Red in a good position apart from 1
  • Options
    Over Allen run out of position and took a pink
  • Options
    Can finally do my update as the epic last 16 match between Ford and Ning is finally over, funny that the epic match which lasted over 5 hours was being reffed by Leo Scullion after the issues last night
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Last 16
    Results

Stephen Maguire 6-5 Mark Williams
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-1 Jack Lisowski
    Mark Allen 6-5 Neil Robertson
    Tom Ford 6-5 Lu Ning
  • Options

Can finally do my update as the epic last 16 match between Ford and Ning is finally over, funny that the epic match which lasted over 5 hours was being reffed by Leo Scullion after the issues last night

I heard about that. The ref should not be telling players how to play.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I heard about that. The ref should not be telling players how to play.

The first 4 frames took 110 minutes so at the interval they were asked to play more attacking(which sounds bad I know but other top players have come out and said that this happen often when refs see players are getting bogged down and not playing how they can normally play) then at frame 6 they had a discussion and was asked to speed up as both had AST over 30 seconds(refs can tell a player/players to speed up its there discretion if they do this)
  • Options
    I love snooker and love safety battles.

But Mark Allen finished his match yesterday (8 frames and a interval)before Jones and Akani got to the interval which is crazy
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Last 16
    Results

Martin O'Donnell 6-4 Ding Junhui
    Joe Perry 6-4 Judd Trump
    Stuart Bingham 6-2 Akani Sonsermsawad
    Kyren Wilson 6-4 Barry Hawkins
  • Options
    UK Championship
    Quarter Finals

Ronnie O'Sullivan(3) v Martin O'Donnell(59)
    Joe Perry(21) v Tom Ford(36)

Stuart Bingham(14) v Kyren Wilson(11)
    Mark Allen(7) v Stephen Maguire(15)