Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options

Daniel Wells has locked himself up at least £10,000 when he'd likely have walked away with nothing if Ronnie hadn't withdrawn!

Fantastic.

Good on the lad, nice of Ronnie to just let others win and have a chance hey @paulie8290 .... :wink:
  • Options
    Scottish Open
    Quarter Final
    Results

Shaun Murphy 5-0 Sam Baird
    Mark Allen 5-0 Alfie Burden
    Daniel Wells 5-1 Ryan Day
    Judd Trump 5-3 Stuart Carrington
  • Options
    Scottish Open
    Semi Finals

Shaun Murphy(11) v Judd Trump(5)
    Mark Allen(6) v Daniel Wells(64)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Wow
    The 2nd semi Trump v Murphy started

34 minutes later the players are off for the interval

4 frames in 34 minutes, great stuff
  • Options
    Interesting comments from Mark Allen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46579242
  • Options

Interesting comments from Mark Allen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46579242

TBF when they said he had drinks during the interval I was shocked

I every night he has gone out getting pissed and if he want to do that its fine, but he shouldnt be allowed to drinl during interval, its not like the 80s where people were drinking and smoking at their seats
  • Options
    Scottish Open
    Semi Final
    Results

Mark Allen 6-5 Daniel Wells
    Shaun Murphy 6-3 Judd Trump
  • Options
    Scottish Open
    Final

Shaun Murphy(11) v Mark Allen(6)
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this final
    Shaun and Mark are really good friends off the baize(before Shaun left twitter their banter on there was so funny) and both on great form should be a cracking final
  • Options
    MARK ALLEN IS SCOTTISH OPEN CHAMPION
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scottish Open
    Final

Mark Allen 9-7 Shaun Murphy
  • Options
    Allen was 6-3 ahead
    Murphy went 7-6 ahead
    Allen went 8-7 ahead

Then Murphy was in 1st had a horrible miss cue and Allen fluked a pink to win 9-7
  • Options
    Allen fluked frame ball pink, he missed it in the middle and it went into the green pocket. He deserved to win though, was better throughout.
  • Options
    Well done Mark Allen, i actually won a snooker handicap tourney last year when i was semi drunk. Ex had left me the week before and i had the mother of all benders, next day a couple of warm up frames with my mate and i couldn't pot a ball. I went on to say i'll probably win it now knowing me, was on fire all day knocking all the long ones in and doing what i had to whether starting 21 ahead or 21 behind, although still people thought i was a bandit but i played surprisingly well considering and carried on drinking throughout the day.
  • Options
    147 JUDD TRUMP
  • Options
    Judd makes the 146th 147 in Snooker History and his 4th taking him to joint 6th on the all time list.

And we are now 1 away from the 147th 147
  • Options
    I should add the German Masters qualifiers have been going on which is were Judd achieved this, but I couldnt be bothered doing updates for a million qualifiers haha so just thought I would just write who qualified after the qualification was over
  • Options

Just got an early birthday present.

All day tickets to The Masters on Wednesday 16th

Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson
    Mark Selby v Stephen Maguire

Im going on the Monday mate, ROS day :)
  • Options
    Jimmy White V Willie Thorne on free sports soon 1st meeting between these 2 since 1997
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listening to Willie Thornes interview before the match he was talking about losing his contract with The BBC

They told him they wanted to go down a younger route with players who have played more recently or still playing.

Surely he could have sued them as thats ageist
  • Options
    1 match played in the masters and an early shock as the defending Champion loses

Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Lucs Brecel 6-5 Mark Allen
  • Options
    2 matches 2 underdogs win, although on form Ryan Day would have been favourite but the bookies had Higgins as favourite

The Masters
    Round
    Result

Ryan Day 6-5 John Higgins
  • Options
    The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-2 Stuart Bingham

@johnnybev1987 how was it, whats the atmosphere like now they have music in between frames and are u at the evening session as well
  • Options
    The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Ding Junhui 6-1 Jack Lisowski
  • Options

The Masters
    Round 1
    Result

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-2 Stuart Bingham

@johnnybev1987 how was it, whats the atmosphere like now they have music in between frames and are u at the evening session as well

Was really good thanks mate, enjoyed it. Not alot of room if you are 6ft + which all me and my 3 mates are but still was good atmosphere, get to see my numero uno Ronnie.

Mixed match from Ronnie he wasn't really firing (although he ended up getting a couple centuries), the first frame he gave away 6 fouls (possibly 7) where he was getting out of a snooker and trying to clip the red to come back up to the balk line, old Ronnie would have probably give up then and gone home but he dug in and played some good stuff. The only frame i missed was the 137 as i went to the bar with my mate :smiley:

Really enjoyed it and had a good day out, a few beverages before and after, enjoyed the respotted black frame at the end although didnt understand why Ronnie didnt play the snooker on the last red.
  • Options
    Was it just the afternoon session u did @johnnybev1987 or were u there for Ding v Lisowski as well
  • Options

Was it just the afternoon session u did @johnnybev1987 or were u there for Ding v Lisowski as well

Just the afternoon session mate, was more than enough. I was tired anyway so with the lights sometimes i felt like my eyes were going. Watched some of the latter match in the pub and footy and Jack threw most frames away, although there was an interesting exchange with pink and black which lasted probably 15-20 mins (again he should have won)
  • Options
    Didnt update these yesterday as its been a busy week(court on friday)

The Masters
    Round 1
    Results

Neil Robertson 6-3 Mark Williams
    Barry Hawkins 6-2 Shaun Murphy

Interesting that the 1st 2 matches went to final frame deciders and the 4 since then have been
    6-2
    6-1
    6-3
    6-2

Think Wilson v Trump today could go all the way to a decider
  • Options

Didnt update these yesterday as its been a busy week(court on friday)

The Masters
    Round 1
    Results

Neil Robertson 6-3 Mark Williams
    Barry Hawkins 6-2 Shaun Murphy

Interesting that the 1st 2 matches went to final frame deciders and the 4 since then have been
    6-2
    6-1
    6-3
    6-2

Think Wilson v Trump today could go all the way to a decider

Good luck on Friday, Paulie