Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Aaron Canavan beats Tony Drago 4-1
  • Options
    Stephen Hendry beat Joe Johnson 4-3 and meets Jimmy White in this evenings semi
  • Options
    Meanwhile in India Matt Selt wins his 1st ranking event with a 5-3 victory over Lyu Haotian
  • Options
    Meanwhile in India Matt Selt wins his 1st ranking event with a 5-3 victory over Lyu Haotian
    Thanks but you may have gone to early
  • Options
    Matt Selt has now beaten Lyu Haotian 5-3

Matt is a 33 year old(who looks alot older) from Romford

Was a pro from 2002 untill 2005 then dropped off and has now been a pro again since 2007.

He was ranked 51st before this event and had never got past a ranking event Quarter Final
  • Options
    Enjoyed the snooker on free sport this afternoon.
    thanks for the heads up @paulie8290 @WestStandNeil
  • Options
    Jimmy White showing why he is still on the tour and Hendry isnt

2-0 up in 12 minutes
  • Options
    Jimmy White in the final with a 4-1 win
  • Options
    Aaron Canavan beats Ken Doherty 4-3 to book his place in the final against Jimmy White
  • Options
    Jimmy White wins the ROKiT World Seniors 6 Reds Chanpionship with a 4-2 Win over Aaron Canavan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone interested the 2nd part of the Coral series is on ITV4 now.

This 1 is the Players Championship, and is the top 16 players.

Judd Trump won the 1st part of the Coral series by winning the Grand Prix which was the top 32.

The 3rd amd final part of the coral series is the Coral tour championship which is the top 8
  • Options
    Thanks, Paulie.  Your dedication to the cause knows no bounds.
  • Options
    Ronnie having a go at the ref
    Stephen Hendry slagging the ref off in the comms box

WTF
  • Options
    Slacking so much @johnnybev1987 gonna get me sacked

Players Championship
    Last 16
    Results

Mark Allen 6-2 Stephen Maguire
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-4 Barry Hawkins
    Neil Robertson 6-3 Joe Perry
    Mark Williams 6-2 Ali Carter
    Judd Trump 6-0 Jimmy Robertson
    Jack Lisowski 6-4 Kyren Wilson
    Stuart Bingham 6-4 Dave Gilbert
    John Higgins 6-4 Mark Selby

Players Championship
    Quarter Finals
    Result

Judd Trump 6-5 Jack Lisowski
  • Options
    Neil Robertson currently beating Mark Williams 5-3

Allen v Bingham tonight
    O'Sullivan v Higgins tomorrow
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    On a different note the final challenge tour event of the season finished with George Pragnall beating Callum Lloyd neither player were anywhere near the top 2 tho so as the challenge tour comes to an end the 2 players who finished 1st and 2nd overall and earning a tour card are

Brandon Sargeant and David Grace

Whilst I am talking about new players on the tour for next season 17 year old Jackson Page won tne European under 21 Championship and earns his 2 year tour card
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for updates as ever Paulie, i have half been keeping an eye on it, Trump looks on form again i see, Trump v O Sullivan Final

Challenge Tour is on aswell, but i haven't been looking at that one kind of feels like nothing and not quite what it was sold to be eg. a second tour  just doesn't really get any coverage or barely.

Edit Jackson Page lost in the Semis, the final was between George Pragnall 3-2 Callum Lloyd, cant say i know anything about them. looks like a couple of players i half follow Phil O Kane, Charlie Walters didnt even enter. Still a few old pros David Grace, Barry Pinches
  • Options
    On a different note the final challenge tour event of the season finished with George Pragnall beating Callum Lloyd neither player were anywhere near the top 2 tho so as the challenge tour comes to an end the 2 players who finished 1st and 2nd overall and earning a tour card are

Whilst I am talking about new players on the tour for next season 17 year old Jackson Page won tne European under 21 Championship and earns his 2 year tour card
    Great minds we must have typed exactly the same time :D
  • Options

Great minds we must have typed exactly the same time :D
    Haha 
  • Options
    As you half follow them I thought I would let you know where they finished

Phil O Kane finished 65th with £200
    Charlie Walters finished 27th with £1,050

The top 2 had
    Brandon Sargeant £6,625
    David Grace £5,775

Mitchell Mann will be devastated he finished 3rd with £5,725 so was only £55 away from finishing 2nd above David Grace amd getting a 2 year tour card
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neil Robertson may be panicking a bit

In round 1 he was 2-0 behind then went 5-2 ahead Perry pulled it back to 5-3 before Robertson won 6-3

In quarter final he was 2-0 behind then 5-2 ahead Williams pulled it back to 5-3 and unlike Perry he has now pulled it back to 5-4.

If it goes 5-5 I can See Williams winning
  • Options
    Players Championship
    Quarter final
    Result

Neil Robertson 6-4 Mark Williams

Neil will meet Judd Trump in the semi final
  • Options
    Charlie Walters used to play out of Sidcup and we always thought he was rubbish (comparatively). Unbelievable improvement.
  • Options
    Charlie Walters used to play out of Sidcup and we always thought he was rubbish (comparatively). Unbelievable improvement.
    He played in the Sevenoaks snooker league, just before i did when he was 16, i heard he was very hot and cold but on his day quality. 

I actually played snooker last night accidentally, no pool tables and meet someone so ended up playing snooker with my Pool queue, quality was pretty poor , i went 2-0 down won 3-2. Breaks 19,25,18 , but nowhere near what i used to be. Playing with a pool tip probably didn't help as i had to play softer shots and didn't really have the confidence i used to. 

I stopped playing snooker around 2 years ago as Monday leagues got a bit stale and focused more on pool (obviously worked as play for Kent B - Blackball rules). Shame i wish i could get into it again but have more enthusiasm for pool these days. 
  • Options
    RONNIE O'SULLIVAN IS PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    RONNIE O'SULLIVAN GETS 1,000TH CENTURY
  • Options
    Players Championship
    Final

Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-4 Neil Robertson
  • Options
    Noticed the other day
    Judd Trump is 29 and has 596 centuries