Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Got told on a recent visit to Scotland by someone who I used to work with, who was the chairman of the Scottish snooker and billiards association that the players don't like the best of 7 format. He said Mark Allen protested about it (I think on not only his behalf) and he was told not to enter those tournaments if he didn't like it by Barry Hearn.... 

I think it is a bit short in all honesty, regardless of the competition. I sometimes play competitions for pool race to 3/4, which are short but maybe as with snooker you get more of a chance to get your arm in? races to 10 would be better in my opinion, more snooker for the fans and also fairer. Possibly fewer shocks though as the longer the distance the better player should win, I have a feeling its down to the audience they are looking at bringing in, people who enjoy a short race.
    He also told me that Hearn drags some of the players around the world between tournaments. Another thing they don't like...but I guess whoever pays the piper etc.

Not a fan of Hearn, but I cant really argue he has been very good for the game and prize money. Identical to darts, he is a business man so obviously knows what he is doing. Very set in his own ways though.
    Indeed quite a few bob, my old workmate said the old snooker association cut his wages by almost 50% when Labour cut tobacco advertising. He went to take them to court for constructive dismissal but they settled out of court..... 

Part of that agreement was no stories either private or in the media for a set number of years, hence why they are coming out now... 
  • Options
    Got a feeling anyone going Watford in a few weeks will be hoping for a Trump win tonight.

If Robertson wins tonight he cant be caught and is guaranteed to win the bonus £150,000 for topping the order of merit in The European Series and you would imagine neither player would play in the shootout, if Trump wins tonight it's still between Robertson and Trump as to who wins with the 2 events left to play and you would imagine both players would enter the shootout

I thought I heard somewhere Robbo will play the shooutout, because its now part of the series?
    If he won the German Master then he wasnt going to enter as the bonus £150,00 was guaranteed, but because Trump won it's now between those two and the likelihood is both will enter the Shootout, but he said the other day they  have until the 5th Feb to enter the shootout so he will see what Trump does as atm Robertson is still top in the order of merit
  • Options
    In regards to Ronnie and the crown your guess as is good as mine @johnnybev1987 whilst others have said they are proud to wear it as it signifies they have achieved they triple crown I guess Ronnie being Ronnie feels he doesn't need to wear it lol
  • Options
    Ding Junhui has lost 3 matches in a row, all to Scott Donaldson now.

He must be hoping he doesn't have to face him for a very long time
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Round 1
    Results

Scott Donaldson 4-0 Ding Junhui
    Joe Perry 4-2 Ali Carter
    Graeme Dott 4-1 Kurt Maflin
    Neil Robertson 4-3 Michael Holt
  • Options
    missed the german masters but am enjoying the grand prix. even tonight's match between Murphy and Stevens is started off well. 

btw never a fan of Hearn, no matter what the argument is when it comes to the sport. my opinion of course, but you can see why his son is such a tosser. all money, no class. then again why would they care what i think. 
  • Options
    Mark Williams will be wearing this footwear tomorrow(he is suffering from Gout and has been given special permission)

• Options
    World Grand Prix
    Round 1
    Results

Liang Wenbo 4-2 Mark Allen
    Judd Trump 4-1 Li Hang
    Matthew Stevens 4-3 Shaun Murphy
    Matt Selt 4-3 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
  • Options

Sorry to hijack thread, but FYI IPA pool continues today this morning at 11am on Freesports (Channel 422 on sky)

I wont keep putting on here, but just a reminder incase anyone wants to check it out. I think the final is Sunday, so will be on every day until then.

• Options
    @bobmunro sort your Twitter people out lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Grand Prix
    Round 1
    Results

John Higgins 4-2 Stuart Bingham
    Zhao Xintong 4-2 Yan Bingtao
    Gout Man 4-2 Barry Hawkins
    Kyren Wilson 4-3 Jack Lisowski 
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Last 16

QUARTER 1

Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson
    John Higgins v Zhao Xintong

QUARTER 2

Neil Robertson v Gout Man
    Joe Perry v Scott Donaldson

QUARTER 3

Xiao Guodong v Graeme Dott
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo

QUARTER 4

Matt Selt v Tom Ford
    Gary Wilson v Matthew Stevens 
  • Options
    Matt Selt v Tom Ford has a little extra spice, the last time these 2 met this happened.

• Options
    World Grand Prix
    Last 16
    Results

Graeme Dott 4-0 Xiao Guodong
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 Liang Wenbo 
    Tom Ford 4-2 Matt Selt
    Gary Wilson 4-1 Matthew Stevens
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Last 16
    Results

Joe Perry 4-2 Scott Donaldson
    Kyren Wilson 4-3 Judd Trump
    John Higgins 4-1 Zhao Xintong
    Neil Robertson 4-0 Mark Williams
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Quarter Final

Kyren Wilson v John Higgins
    Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Graeme Dott v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Tom Ford v Gary Wilson
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Neil Robertson being interviewed live on ITV after his match said Mark Williams called him a jammy bastard after a really bad misscue and not leaving anything on(or damaging his cue) cue the presenter quickly apologising if anyone was offended by any bad language heard lol
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Quarter Final
    Results

Tom Ford 5-2 Gary Wilson
    Graeme Dott 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • Options
    A side not that defeat leaves Ronnie outside the top 16 on the 1 year list which means he will need a big run in the Welsh Open next week otherwise he will not qualify for the Players Championships which is the top 16 on the 1 year list
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I should also say there was news regarding the Snooker Shootout today

Ronnie O'Sullivan has entered 

Judd Trump and Neil Robertson have not entered 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    doesn't Ronnie entering the snooker shootout mean he has a chance of upping his ranking there as well as the welsh open? 
  • Options
    doesn't Ronnie entering the snooker shootout mean he has a chance of upping his ranking there as well as the welsh open? 
    Yeah and I think that is why he has done it.

The coral series is a big thinkg for the players this event is the top 32 then the next one is the top 16 then the final one is the top 8, all the players want to be a part of it and Ronnie has realised he is on the verge of missing out of 2 of the 3 events, so entering the shoout(winner gets 50k this season) would massively help his 1 year ranking list
  • Options
    A side not that defeat leaves Ronnie outside the top 16 on the 1 year list which means he will need a big run in the Welsh Open next week otherwise he will not qualify for the Players Championships which is the top 16 on the 1 year list

He normally does well in the welsh open, he won it the year I went in Newport, was a cracking couple of days. Would like to go to it now its changed in Cardiff, I stayed near where its going to be held.
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Quarter Final
    Results 

Neil Robertson 5-1 Joe Perry
    Kyren Wilson 5-4 John Higgins 
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Semi Finals 

Kyren Wilson v Neil Robertson
    Graeme Dott v Tom Ford
  • Options
    Would love to see Dotty win this, not won a ranking event since 2007
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Semi Final
    Result

Graeme Dott 6-4 Tom Ford
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to edited this last night for some reason

World Grand Prix
    Semi Final
    Result

Neil Robertson 6-4 Kyren Wilson

Neil Robertson v Graeme Dott in the final has just got underway with Robertson winning the first frame, first to 10
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Final
    End of 1st session

Neil Robertson 5-3 Graeme Dott 
  • Options
    Robertson is in peak form. Looked set to take it away from Dott but i think Robertson like he did yesterday against Wilson went off the pace. Gives the wee man a chance.