Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    What a great game of snooker. Really pleased for Bingham,  I've never felt he gets the kudos he deserves. 
  • Options
    Nice to finish on a century too.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Before the tournament Neil Robertson promised a donation of £5,000 plus 100 for every century made in the event to WIRES the Australian Wildlife Rescue team.

World Snooker then agreed to match both amounts.

There were 18 centuries in the event

£6,800 due to be donated by Robertson 
    £6,800 due to be donated by World Snooker
    £13,600 for WIRES
  • Options
    At this moment Stuart Bingham is probably thankful that Liang Wenbo beat him just before christmas because he gets a week off now, however Ali Carter does not.

European Masters starts on Wednesday in Austria(Carters match is on Wednesday afternoon, so imagine he will relax tomorrow and travel Tuesday)
  • Options
    I know he wasn't meant to be in the Masters and even though he didn't win last night but I'm starting to grow on Ali Carter, I think he had an excellent tournament.
  • Options
    Just bought tickets for next years Masters. 50% off at the moment. £22 for a day is excellent value.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Was actually looking at Champion of Champions this year, all day tickets for the group stage is £21 and it's at Milton Keynes for the 1st time in 2020 a new venue for Snooker which could be interesting and a quick and cheap enough journey from Euston.

Maybe a day out @johnnybev1987

Get a charltonlife crew together haha
  • Options
    Just bought tickets for next years Masters. 50% off at the moment. £22 for a day is excellent value.

My mate has bought 4, also another one too for the Tuesday. so there should be a few of us going again next year.

Was actually looking at Champion of Champions this year, all day tickets for the group stage is £21 and it's at Milton Keynes for the 1st time in 2020 a new venue for Snooker which could be interesting and a quick and cheap enough journey from Euston.

Maybe a day out @johnnybev1987

Get a charltonlife crew together haha

I'd be up for that, depending on dates etc.
  • Options
    European Masters
    Last 32
    Draw

Daniel Wells v Michael Holt
    Tian Pengfei v Ali Carter
    Robert Milkins v Ding Junhui 
    Scott Donaldson v Kyren Wilson

John Higgins v Fergal O'Brien
    Robbie Williams v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Graeme Dott v Liang Wenbo
    Lyu Haotian v Neil Robertson 

Mark Williams v Zhou Yuelong
    Jackson Page WO Yan Bingtao
    David Lilley v Barry Hawkins
    Jake Jones v Mark Selby

Lu Ning v Marco Fu
    Alfie Burden v Xiao Guodong
    Gary Wilson v Luca Brecel
    Michael White v Zhao Xintong
  • Options
    The defending champion Jimmy Robertson isn't there after he lost in the 1st qualifying round to Martin O'Donnell 

A couple of changes to the European Masters this season including the date, its normally held in October so is being held a few months later than normal and after a couple of years in Lommel in Belgium its moved to Dornbirn in Austria 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    European Masters
    Last 32
    Results

Graeme Dott 5-3 Liang Wenbo
    Neil Robertson 5-2 Lyu Haotian
    Michael Holt 5-0  Daniel Wells
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-2 Robbie Williams
    John Higgins 5-2 Fergal O'Brien
    Ding Junhui 5-0 Rob Milkins
    Marco Fu 5-3 Lu Ning
    Ali Carter 5-3 Tian Pengfei
    Xiao Guodong 5-3 Alfie Burden
    Scott Donaldson 5-2 Kyren Wilson
    Mark Selby 5-2 Jak Jones
    Barry Hawkins 5-2 David Lilley
  • Options
    It's fair to say Alfie Burden wasn't happy after his match with Xiao Guodong.

This is the 1st tweet:

The discussion was how disgusting my opponents behaviour was.... what a shame

Followed by:

25 years as a pro teaches you how to behave as a player unfortunately some players have no class my opponent was warned twice for chalking his cue on my backswing whilst in his chair , I then declared i feathered the white on 60 at 3/2 down and showed him how a sportsman behaves
  • Options
    European Masters
    Last 32
    Results

Jackson Page WO Yan Bingtao
    Zhao Xintong 5-2 Michael White
    Zhou Yuelong 5-4 Mark Williams
    Gary Wilson 5-1 Luca Brecel

• Options
    European Masters
    Last 16
    Results

Scott Donaldson 5-2 Ding Junhui
    Neil Robertson 5-2 Graeme Dott
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-4 John Higgins
    Ali Carter 5-4 Michael Holt
    Marco Fu 5-2 Xiao Guodong
    Barry Hawkins 5-4 Mark Selby
    Gary Wilson 5-1 Zhao Xintong
    Zhou Yuelong 5-3 Jackson Page
  • Options
    Watched the Selby match tonight and OMG he was soooooo close to a great comeback from 4-0 behind

• Options
    European Masters
    Quarter Final
    Results

Neil Robertson 5-1 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Ali Carter 5-1 Scott Donaldson 
  • Options
    European Masters
    Quarter Final
    Results

Gary Wilson 5-3 Marco Fu
    Zhou Yuelong 5-2 Barry Hawkins
  • Options
    European Masters
    Semi Final
    Results

Neil Robertson 6-1 Ali Carter
    Zhou Yuelong 6-5 Gary Wilson 
  • Options
    NEIL ROBERTSON IS EUROPEAN MASTERS CHAMPION
  • Options
    European Masters 
    Final

Neil Robertson 9-0 Zhou Yuelong 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only the 2nd whitewash in a ranking event final over 2 session, the other being Steve Davies in 1989 

All the work was done by Neil earlier today taking a 8-0 lead into tonight, he probably didn't want a couple of hours break and I am guessing neither did Zhou, but they came back and only it only took 1 more frame tonight for Neil to wrap up the win
  • Options
    Was a bit busy yesterday so didnt get a chance to do updates.

So yesterdays and this mornings updates will follow shortly then will fo this afternoons updates when the matches finish
  • Options
    German Masters
    Round 1
    Results

Graeme Dott 5-4 Tian Pengfei 
    Matt Selt 5-0 Jamie Rhys Clarke
    Mark Williams 5-2 Yuan Sijun
    Luca Brecel 5-0 Joe Perry
    Sunny Akani 5-0 David Grace
    Michael Georgiou 5-1 Gerrard Greene
    Nigel Bond 5-2 Kishan Hirani
    Judd Trump 5-1 Noppon Saengkham 
    Scott Donaldson 5-4 Ding Junhui
    Robbie Williams 5-4 John Higgins
    Mitchell Mann 5-4 Alexander Ursenbacher
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Should be an interesting event again as whilst some big names like Trump, Williams, Murphy and Robertson are there a number of top  players actually lost in the qualifying rounds

Defending Champion Kyren Wilson lost to Zhao Xintong

Mark Selby long to Jamie Rhys Clarke

Bingham, Maguire, Allen, Carter and Lisowski all entered and all lost in the qualifying rounds

Add to that we have now already lost Ding and Higgins 
  • Options

What is your opinion of Donaldson? I think out of the new breed/ upcoming players he looks the most ready to break into the top 16. Has some good scalps, including Ding in this event. A good player, had potential for a while but seems to be getting more consistent.

This one will be wide open, quite a few of the top players missing it. The atmosphere/ crowd doesn't seem as busy as normal, I am sure this is one in the past I was looking to go to but feels like they have lost the initial momentum. I dread to think what Saudi Arabia is going to be like

• Options
    Scott Donaldson I agree is finally starting to show something.

Into the top 25 and could get higher after this event, consistency had always been his issue, remember when he beat Selby a few seasons ago then lost in the next round, playing poorly to someone ranked below him.

But he seems to have found some consistency this season and is only 24

Shaun Murphy up next for him so will be a very good test for him
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I think The German Masters might pick up a bit now it's been rebranded, not sure if I mentioned this before the start of the European Masters last week but 

The European Masters
    The German Masters
    The Snooker Shootout
    The Gibraltar Open

Now makeup The European Series

Whoever is top on order of merit and the end of the 4 events gets a bonus £150,000

Neil Robertson has already said he is likely to play in the Shootout this year because of it
  • Options

Into the top 25 and could get higher after this event, consistency had always been his issue, remember when he beat Selby a few seasons ago then lost in the next round, playing poorly to someone ranked below him.

Wow I didn't even realise he was so high, I think I said on twitter a few months ago when he was like 50 ranked. A funny one, he seems more of a grafter and always worth a shock. Hard to call these events personally but I hope he does well.
  • Options
    I think The German Masters might pick up a bit now it's been rebranded, not sure if I mentioned this before the start of the European Masters last week but 

The European Masters
    The German Masters
    The Snooker Shootout
    The Gibraltar Open

Now makeup The European Series

Whoever is top on order of merit and the end of the 4 events gets a bonus £150,000

Neil Robertson has already said he is likely to play in the Shootout this year because of it

Is the shootout still considered a ranking event then? If so, joke. Completely different game might aswell be playing pool lol
  • Options

Wow I didn't even realise he was so high, I think I said on twitter a few months ago when he was like 50 ranked. A funny one, he seems more of a grafter and always worth a shock. Hard to call these events personally but I hope he does well.
    Yeah he is 24th

£10,000 away from 22nd who is Jimmy Robertson and obviously not there this week, he is still £50,000 away from Thepchaiya in 21st so a bit of a gap there but, he is closing it