Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    I think The German Masters might pick up a bit now it's been rebranded, not sure if I mentioned this before the start of the European Masters last week but 

The European Masters
    The German Masters
    The Snooker Shootout
    The Gibraltar Open

Now makeup The European Series

Whoever is top on order of merit and the end of the 4 events gets a bonus £150,000

Neil Robertson has already said he is likely to play in the Shootout this year because of it

Is the shootout still considered a ranking event then? If so, joke. Completely different game might aswell be playing pool lol
    Yup still a ranking event and winners prize money has increased to £50,000 this year, part of the new BetVictor European Series Rebrand 
  • Options
    German Masters
    Round 1
    Results

Neil Robertson 5-1 Ian Burns
    Shaun Murphy 5-1 Tom Ford
    Gary Wilson 5-1 Jak Jones
    Elliot Slessor 5-3 Rob Milkins
    Zhao Xintong 5-2 Anthony McGill
  • Options
    German Masters
    Round 2
    Results

Graeme Dott 5-2 Mark Williams
    Matt Selt 5-2 Nigel Bond
    Michael Georgiou 5-3 Sunny Akani
    Judd Trump 5-3 Luca Brecel
  • Options
    I think The German Masters might pick up a bit now it's been rebranded, not sure if I mentioned this before the start of the European Masters last week but 

The European Masters
    The German Masters
    The Snooker Shootout
    The Gibraltar Open

Now makeup The European Series

Whoever is top on order of merit and the end of the 4 events gets a bonus £150,000

Neil Robertson has already said he is likely to play in the Shootout this year because of it

Is the shootout still considered a ranking event then? If so, joke. Completely different game might aswell be playing pool lol
    Yup still a ranking event and winners prize money has increased to £50,000 this year, part of the new BetVictor European Series Rebrand 

Shocking really, I know we have mentioned it before but its stupid and hopefully it doesn't affect the top 16 too much, like it did before. I actually think the 6 Reds has more claim to being a ranking event, even though I agree it shouldn't be.

Not sure when the Shootout is, but it would be better if they had it as the first event. That way you are more likely to get all the top players there, or even literally the first event of the season so there is no argument about affecting the rankings too much as its early.

Either way, I enjoy the Shootout but it should never count towards ranking points.

• Options
    Terrible news for Mark Selby and Barry Hawkins

The 2020 China Championship has been postponed due to the Coronavirus

I say its terrible for those 2 in particular because in those were the finalists in 2018 so they will lose the ranking points off £225,00 and £90,000 respectively with no way of them back before the World Championships.

The seedlings for the World Championships will now be based on the rankings after the Coral Tour Championship in March

• Options
    German Masters
    Round 2
    Results

Neil Robertson 5-0 Mitchell Mann
    Shaun Murphy 5-2 Scott Donaldson
    Elliot Slessor 5-3 Robbie Williams
    Zhao Xintong 5-1 Gary Wilson 

• Options
    German Masters
    Quarter Final
    Draw

Zhao Xintong v Shaun Murphy
    Elliot Slessor v Neil Robertson

Graeme Dott v Matt Selt
    Michael Georgiou v Judd Trump
  • Options
    German Masters
    Quarter Final
    Results

Shaun Murphy 5-3 Zhao Xintong
    Neil Robertson 5-0 Elliot Slessor

Graeme Dott 5-2 Matt Selt
    Judd Trump 5-1 Michael Georgiou
  • Options
    German Masters
    Semi Finals

Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson
    Graeme Dott v Judd Trump
  • Options
    German Masters
    Semi Final
    Result

Judd Trump 6-4 Graeme Dott
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    German Masters
    Semi Final
    Result

Neil Robertson 6-1 Shaun Murphy
  • Options
    No offence to Murphy but it's the final we all wanted a repeat of the fantastic Champion of Champions final

Neil Roberton v Judd Trump tomorrow
  • Options
    German Masters
    Final
    End of 1st session

Neil Robertson 4-4 Judd Trump
  • Options
    Got a feeling anyone going Watford in a few weeks will be hoping for a Trump win tonight.

If Robertson wins tonight he cant be caught and is guaranteed to win the bonus £150,000 for topping the order of merit in The European Series and you would imagine neither player would play in the shootout, if Trump wins tonight it's still between Robertson and Trump as to who wins with the 2 events left to play and you would imagine both players would enter the shootout
  • Options
    JUDD TRUMP IS GERMAN MASTERS CHAMPION 
  • Options
    German Masters
    Final
    Result

Judd Trump 9-6 Neil Robertson 
  • Options
    There is only 3 days in February with no snooker so with that on mind, its straight from Germany today to Cheltenham tomorrow for the start of the Coral Series and the Coral World Grand Prix.

A reminder The Coral Series is 3 events the first event The World Grand Prix is the top 32 on the one year list
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Round 1
    Matches

QUARTER 1

Judd Trump v Li Hang
    Kyren Wilson v Jack Lisowski
    John Higgins v Stuart Bingham
    Yan Bingtao v Zhao Xintong

QUARTER 2

Neil Robertson v Michael Holt
    Mark Williams v Barry Hawkins
    Joe Perry v Ali Carter
    Ding Junhui v Scott Donaldson

QUARTER 3

Mark Selby v Xiao Guodong
    Graeme Dott v Kurt Maflin
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Dave Gilbert
    Mark Allen v Liang Wenbo

QUARTER 4

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Matt Selt
    Stephen Maguire v Tom Ford
    Zhou Yuelong v Gary Wilson
    Shaun Murphy v Matthew Stevens
  • Options
    The event is live on ITV 4 this week starting tomorrow from 18:45
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan appears to have opted not to wear the Crown tonight, the 1st tournament he has been in since it was introduced and he has decided not to wear it, he is also the only triple crown winner still playing not to have worn it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @johnnybev1987 Scott Donaldson is facing Ding tomorrow it will be the 3rd time in 12 days they have played and Scott has won the previous 2, bet Ding cant wait haha
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    MAX ALERT(Xiao Guodong)
    9 RED
    9 BLACKS

LIVE ON ITV 4
  • Options
    12 reds and missed black off the spot
  • Options
    World Grand Prix
    Round 1
    Results

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 Dave Gilbert
    Tom Ford 4-3 Stephen Maguire
    Xiao Guodong 4-3 Mark Selby
    Gary Wilson 4-1 Zhou Yuelong 
  • Options
    Got a feeling anyone going Watford in a few weeks will be hoping for a Trump win tonight.

If Robertson wins tonight he cant be caught and is guaranteed to win the bonus £150,000 for topping the order of merit in The European Series and you would imagine neither player would play in the shootout, if Trump wins tonight it's still between Robertson and Trump as to who wins with the 2 events left to play and you would imagine both players would enter the shootout

I thought I heard somewhere Robbo will play the shooutout, because its now part of the series?
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan appears to have opted not to wear the Crown tonight, the 1st tournament he has been in since it was introduced and he has decided not to wear it, he is also the only triple crown winner still playing not to have worn it 

Is there any story behind this, I followed last weeks results but this week a bit out of the loop.

For the other cue enthusiasts, the World Championship of pool starts today at 1pm on freesports. I know a few people who are there , highest profile Jordan Church whos club I play in sometimes. I re-qualified for Kent on sunday blackball rules, will be my 3rd season doing it :)

• Options
    Got told on a recent visit to Scotland by someone who I used to work with, who was the chairman of the Scottish snooker and billiards association that the players don't like the best of 7 format. He said Mark Allen protested about it (I think on not only his behalf) and he was told not to enter those tournaments if he didn't like it by Barry Hearn.... 
  • Options
    Got told on a recent visit to Scotland by someone who I used to work with, who was the chairman of the Scottish snooker and billiards association that the players don't like the best of 7 format. He said Mark Allen protested about it (I think on not only his behalf) and he was told not to enter those tournaments if he didn't like it by Barry Hearn.... 

I think it is a bit short in all honesty, regardless of the competition. I sometimes play competitions for pool race to 3/4, which are short but maybe as with snooker you get more of a chance to get your arm in? races to 10 would be better in my opinion, more snooker for the fans and also fairer. Possibly fewer shocks though as the longer the distance the better player should win, I have a feeling its down to the audience they are looking at bringing in, people who enjoy a short race.
  • Options

I think it is a bit short in all honesty, regardless of the competition. I sometimes play competitions for pool race to 3/4, which are short but maybe as with snooker you get more of a chance to get your arm in? races to 10 would be better in my opinion, more snooker for the fans and also fairer. Possibly fewer shocks though as the longer the distance the better player should win, I have a feeling its down to the audience they are looking at bringing in, people who enjoy a short race.
    He also told me that Hearn drags some of the players around the world between tournaments. Another thing they don't like...but I guess whoever pays the piper etc.
  • Options

He also told me that Hearn drags some of the players around the world between tournaments. Another thing they don't like...but I guess whoever pays the piper etc.

Not a fan of Hearn, but I cant really argue he has been very good for the game and prize money. Identical to darts, he is a business man so obviously knows what he is doing. Very set in his own ways though.