Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options

Tough to call now, I have a 4fold: Murphy, Higgins, Gilbert + Bingham (although I think Wilson) , 8/1 for Murphy / Wilson final, I thought it was good value but seriously hard one

Todays Matches:

Shaun Murphy v Joe Perry (1pm)

John Higgins v Allister Carter (7pm)

• Options
    The Masters
    Quarter Final
    Result

Shaun Murphy 6-3 Joe Perry
  • Options
    Ali Carter beating John Higgins 2-0

Higgins not really got into this match yet and really needs to get a frame under his belt soon or this match could slip away
  • Options
    John Higgins wins the 3rd frame and makes it 2-1
  • Options
    Ali Carter 3-1 Ahead at the mid session and John Higgins really needs to up his game
  • Options
    Ali Carter goes 4-1 ahead
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    4-2 

Very quick frame won by Higgins there and his best frame of the match
  • Options
    4-3 and sudddenly John Higgins is playing like John Higgins again
  • Options
    Carter goes 5-3 ahead and is 1 away from a place in the semi finals 
  • Options
    The Masters
    Quarter Final
    Result

Ali Carter 6-3 John Higgins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paulie, what did you make of Carter claiming he hit the yellow in the 8th frame?

An honest mistake or something more sinister?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Paulie, what did you make of Carter claiming he hit the yellow in the 8th frame?

An honest mistake or something more sinister?
    Referees decision should always be final, and had that been Brendon, or Jan (or any of the more experienced refs) up there in the middle there is no way Ali would be saying he hit the yellow.

He used Desislavas inexperience against her IMO
  • Options
    Wasn’t even close. 

Was he asked about it? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Wasn’t even close. 

Was he asked about it? 
    I switched off before the interviews so haven't seen, but I believe from what I have seen on twitter Eurosport didnt ask him about it in his interview with them
  • Options
    I've seen this incident. The white seemed to drift a bit, maybe a touch of unintentional side. The ref called it correctly and should have stuck to her decision or asked for a replay. Carter should have said he thought the white had touched the yellow, not say outright that he definitely hit it. Higgins didn't think it touched either.
    Hard to say that Carter cheated, only he knows that, but his attitude was appalling. The ref was also at fault. 
  • Options
    The Masters
    Quarter Final
    Result

Dave Gilbert 6-2 Stephen Maguire
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I tell you what that escape that Bingham played in frame 6 could be the best escape shot I have ever seen, the fact he did it first time as well.

I also love how proud Bingham looks afterwards and then Kyrens little "I thought I played a good shot"

• Options
    The Masters
    Quarter Final
    Result 

Stuart Bingham 6-4 Kyren Wilson
  • Options
    That safety shot is even better now, if Bingham had missed it or left the Yellow on it could have cost him the frame and he would have been 5-1 behind, instead he won the frame and never looked back
  • Options
    Snooker loopy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Masters
    Semi Final

Ali Carter 6-3 Shaun Murphy
  • Options
    So Ali Carter who only got in the tournament because Ronnie withdrew is now in the final 

I do wonder had that missed yellow been a foul(like it was) and Higgins went on to win the frame and make it 4-4 if Carter would have been in the final tomorrow, but I guess we will never know
  • Options
    The Masters
    Semi Final
    Result

Stuart Bingham 6-2 Dave Gilbert
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So The Masters Final will be Ali Carter(17) v Stuart Bingham(14)

Neither player has played in a masters final before and who would have thought the final would have been between two players ranked 14th and 17th 
  • Options
    Safety battle in the first frame, poor safety shot by Carter leaves Bingham in, he misses a red along the top cushion and Carter gets a century

Ali Carter 1-0
  • Options
    Frame 2

Carter in first with 2 pots(Red and Brown)then rattles a red, Bingham comes back with a 47 break before running out of position and a safety battle ensued, which only lasted a couple of shots before Bingham took on a long red and potted it and got a 75 break to take the frame

1-1
  • Options
    Frame 3

Bingham in first with a 32 before he misses, Carter then gets in and runs out of position on 8, Bingham then potted a red but went in off, Carter back to the table and got a 36 before running out of position and playing safe, so the score read 48-32 to Carter with 3 reds left. 2 fouls from Bingham after Carters safety shot, 3rd shot he caught it to thick and left Carter a red which Carter missed a decent safety then followed from Bingham and Bingham then got the next chance at the table and cleared up with a break 46

Bingham 2-1
  • Options
    Intruiging one this.
  • Options
    Frame 4

7 reds, 7 blacks ,for Carter but a horrible kick on the 7th black put him in a terrible position and he had to play safe with a 56 point lead, good safety from Bingham but he left a possible plant, which Carter caught wrong and left a nice easy starter for Bingham who got a 23 break before missing a black if its spot and leaving Carter with a eay starter himself, Carter gets 17 and takes the frame.

2-2 at the mid session interval 
  • Options
    First to 10 wins it I believe.