Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• For those who care, here’s tonight’s menu. Don’t look at the prices unless you want to know how lucky you are with a £6 pint

• Not a stout fan, and can't work out if this is nice, but can definitely taste the blueberry and maple!

• I have just had this with a breakfast from The Valley Cafe.
    Both gorgeous and complemented each other really well.

And finished off with some draft poured Palm amber ale.

• Anybody tried the Guinness with coffee in it, in cans?  I'm usually repulsed by the prospect of added flavours in beer of any kind (just unnecessary) but this is strangely compelling.  I was once convinced to have a snifter of Tia Maria added to a pint of guinness and it was a revelation.  But tia maria is sweet.  My concern with the canned stuff is that the coffee just adds bitterness..?  Any reviews?
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Anybody tried the Guinness with coffee in it, in cans?  I'm usually repulsed by the prospect of added flavours in beer of any kind (just unnecessary) but this is strangely compelling.  I was once convinced to have a snifter of Tia Maria added to a pint of guinness and it was a revelation.  But tia maria is sweet.  My concern with the canned stuff is that the coffee just adds bitterness..?  Any reviews?
    No, but also really want to try it.

Love Guinness, love black coffee, interested to see if they work together.
  • Yes, my neighbour gave me a can to try. It smells lovely, but I found it thin in the mouth and somehow less than the sum of its parts.
    Aldi coffee stout is far nicer 

• Just paid £3.89 for this in the Bromley South spoons.
    This is a cracking pint but very annoying that this was £3.49 12 months ago, three price rises since then.

• This Paulaner is very decent, in Gothenburg atm and £7 is acceptable.
    An expensive night beckons.
  • Any draught Erdinger around Elfie?
    Seen that but not tried.
  • Sponsored links:

Seen that but not tried.
    Treat yourself sometime…..but make sure it’s on draught for the very best experience.
    I’m not very much of a beer drinker to be honest but I love Erdinger.
  • edited October 2022
    Any draught Erdinger around Elfie?
    Seen that but not tried.
    Treat yourself sometime…..but make sure it’s on draught for the very best experience.
    I’m not very much of a beer drinker to be honest but I love Erdinger.
    My local in rural Wiltshire has Erdinger on draft. Proper glasses too. Assume the brewery that owns the pub, Hopback, has a distribution agreement.

• Yes…..for some strange reason drinking it from an Erdinger glass seems to enhance the experience.
    Probably psychological but nevertheless true.
  • Yes…..for some strange reason drinking it from an Erdinger glass seems to enhance the experience.
    Probably psychological but nevertheless true.
    And who says marketing doesnt work!
  • It’s been a while, but this is a thing of beauty. Tripping Animals - Who Loves Orange Soda Sour. Really nice @ 6% and a nice pithy/sour orange flavor. 

• I've been going for this little beauty recently.

https://www.impibrewers.com.au/product/hazy-ipa/

Brewery is 5 minutes from me so not only a nice drop but supports the local business. That's my excuse anyway!
  • Had the relaunched Hofmeister at Ebbsfleet last Saturday, not bad at all. 
  • Heading to Bermondsey beer mile after tomorrows game. Anspach & Hobday London Black, Bianca Road Double Hay-z plus others beckon.

Well worth a trip if you haven’t been. Loads of breweries under the railway arches on way into London Bridge. 
  • Heading to Bermondsey beer mile after tomorrows game. Anspach & Hobday London Black, Bianca Road Double Hay-z plus others beckon.

Well worth a trip if you haven’t been. Loads of breweries under the railway arches on way into London Bridge. 
    AKA Hipster Central, isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    AKA Hipster Central, isn't it?
    There are a few, but don’t let that put you off the beer!

• Not sure about this one. Possibly a little too hoppy for my tastes.

• This was interesting. Definitely got the smokyness come through. One or two would be plenty though.

• A lovely drop in a new boozer opened up in Bromley Common.

• An entry level sour tbh but very tropical and refreshing. Would be a nice summer drink really.

• A shame our defence is not as strong as this.

• A trip to Lamplighter Brewery to pick up the latest subscription beer, and tried this - Monster Mash, a 6.2% IPA made with cryo hops. I’ve had some others which included cryo, but this is very different. Quaffable beyond belief, with a long fruity aftertaste. 

• That is a fantastic selection @cafcbrown. I love Rochefort, Kwak, Chimay and St Bernadus. Sorry to see Duvel and Goudale going down the hoppy route, but that's progress I suppose - OK if they keep their original recipes going as well.
  • cafcbrown said:
    Selection of beers picked up in France. Lowest % is 7.2
    Try finishing these off in one session B)