Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Stig said:
    Glaslyn from Purple Moose. A bit too hoppy for me, but it slipped down easy enough.

Ive never seen a beer with a head quite like that one, Stig

• This  is nice, but packs a punch at 8%
  • One of those that sounds pretty grim on the face of it but was really nice. Refreshing, clean taste with just a touch of sharpness.

From one of my favourite brewers, Brew York. Never had a bad beer from them.
  • edited August 2022
    Peanut butter and raspberry jam beer? Jeez. 
  • Off_it said:
    Peanut butter and raspberry jam beer? Jeez. 
    Edgy stuff...

• Cool and crisp as advertised, oh joy to be not paying £6.50 a pint as I have been the past six weeks.
  • edited August 2022
    "Cool and crisp" maybe - but it's as cloudy as one of those godawful "craft" beers that people keep posting pictures of!

Still, for £2.29 ........
  • Posting just to offend @Off_it. 😀Trillium Fort Point Pale Ale with Riwaka hops. I don’t recall having a beer that highlighted this hop before. It’s pleasantly bitter with a nice smooth mouthfeel, with a dry finish. Not wildly aromatic. Very quaffable. 

• Looks like an orange juice and lemonade!
  • Off_it said:
    Looks like an orange juice and lemonade!
    Orangina
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Looks like an orange juice and lemonade!
    Nice drink that tbh.
  • Snap, almost. Quite a gently flavoured beer, hints of fruit but not overdone. Pleasant rather than spectacular. 
  • I'm on the hazy pale ale tonight too.

Very easy drinker on a warm day. Quite citrusy but not overpowering.
  • Vocation beers are always good, not yet found one I don't like. Got Heart and Soul waiting in the fridge, those plus the northern monk £10 for 2 four packs in Waitrose of all places.
  • Happy Monday. No chauffeur duties so a trip out to Charlton, Massachusetts to get some cans, and a couple of drinks while I’m there. 

Here’s King Julius w/Guava - double NEIPA with, unsurprisingly, guava. Not bad, but the guava definitely diminishes King Julius. Despite their efforts, I’m still not a big fan of fruited IPAs, while a big fan of fruited sours. 

• I got mugged for this earlier today. Tasted absolutely disgusting and I ended up throwing half of it - I decided the grass was in more need of it than I was!
  • I'm drinking Carlsberg Export which is something I found in the fridge. It's alright if you just want something cold and fizzy on a summers day, but I'm completely bemused by their longstanding claim that it's 'Probably The Best Beer In The world'. How on earth are they allowed to get away with this tosh? Obviously the weasel word 'probably' is key in toning down their claim and somehow keeping it legal. Even with that in there, it's still nonsense. It absolutely isn't the best beer in the world. It almost certainly isn't even the best beer coming from Denmark and it might not even be the best beer brewed by the Carlsberg company. Stop this nonsense. 
  • edited August 2022
    Off_it said:

I got mugged for this earlier today. Tasted absolutely disgusting and I ended up throwing half of it - I decided the grass was in more need of it than I was!
    You should stick to the hazy IPAs instead of drinking  dodgy lager. 
  • Stig said:
    I'm drinking Carlsberg Export which is something I found in the fridge. It's alright if you just want something cold and fizzy on a summers day, but I'm completely bemused by their longstanding claim that it's 'Probably The Best Beer In The world'. How on earth are they allowed to get away with this tosh? Obviously the weasel word 'probably' is key in toning down their claim and somehow keeping it legal. Even with that in there, it's still nonsense. It absolutely isn't the best beer in the world. It almost certainly isn't even the best beer coming from Denmark and it might not even be the best beer brewed by the Carlsberg company. Stop this nonsense. 
    Back in the days where pubs basically only sold Fosters, Carling or John Smiths as alternatives it probably got away with it. 
  • edited August 2022
    Off_it said:

I got mugged for this earlier today. Tasted absolutely disgusting and I ended up throwing half of it - I decided the grass was in more need of it than I was!
    You should stick to the hazy IPAs instead of drinking  dodgy lager. 
    Actually, it was the IPA - they just rang it up as lager. Tasted fucking awful and was complimented very well by the plastic glass.
  • Sponsored links:

• Little garden session this evening - will let you know. Also got some Pinter double IPA in a keg, which I've massively over chilled

• This vegan pale ale was VERY nice, crisp and fruity.
    Unpleasantly surprised to pay £6.40 in Portslade yesterday.
  • Of the three in my picture, the Vocation was my favourite. Decently hoppy, slight fruity taste but not overdone. The Soproni was also very acceptable, nothing flash or fancy, just a nice bitter tang. Wish I'd brought more of it back with me at about 65p a half litre. That was the last one of a mere handful.

The northern monk was too fruity and astringent for my taste. My neighbour liked it more than i did, but not as much as he liked the pinter big dipa, which we finished in that session. Have the Winter Sun ready for drinking now, it's a very good beer with a short life expectancy.

• Has more strength than our defence, a tidy drop and 'cheap' at £5.95 
    The Greyhound in Peckham is worth a visit.
  • These are going to be on tap at my local micro tomorrow. Really not sure, but will give them both a try and report back

• These are going to be on tap at my local micro tomorrow. Really not sure, but will give them both a try and report back

Do yourself a favour and give them a miss. 

If you really really are curious then throw up in a glass and then liberally stir in your own bob. 

Guarantee it will taste better.
  • edited September 2022
    I see that Heineken have completely bought Beavertown now. 

I wonder if if will impact the taste of the beers (of which I am generally a fan) ?
  • Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Trying one of the local lagers, Totnes is very pleasant.
    It’s also in Devon!
    F***** me there!
    My wife’s from Marldon, tiny little place not too far from Totnes. Lovely place, have fun (and don’t refer to any of the locals as Cornish if you want to get out alive!). 
    We went on the boat to Dartmouth, yesterday was great.
    Did you get the steam train?

You're not proper Charlton unless you got the steam train.
    I did the steam train a few years back with Mrs GA, as she wanted to visit Agatha Christie’s home. It was the same weekend as a rarely seen steam train on the line, so it was full of train spotters. Fuck me they are a special breed. 
  • Winter Sun from the Pinter, on massively extended times, four weeks fermentation and three weeks conditioning. Absolutely lovely beer, bitter but with very subtle hints of tropical fruit. Guessing by its effect on me, I'd say about 6% alcohol.

• Not been very well so my first drink for over a week yesterday. Went for something not too challenging and this hit the spot. Clean tasting, light and refreshing.