Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• Trying one of the local lagers, Totnes is very pleasant.
    It’s also in Devon!
  • se9addick said:

Trying one of the local lagers, Totnes is very pleasant.
    It’s also in Devon!
    F***** me there!
  • se9addick said:

It’s also in Devon!
    F***** me there!
    My wife’s from Marldon, tiny little place not too far from Totnes. Lovely place, have fun (and don’t refer to any of the locals as Cornish if you want to get out alive!). 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

It’s also in Devon!
    F***** me there!
    My wife’s from Marldon, tiny little place not too far from Totnes. Lovely place, have fun (and don’t refer to any of the locals as Cornish if you want to get out alive!). 
    We went on the boat to Dartmouth, yesterday was great.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

It’s also in Devon!
    F***** me there!
    Did you get the steam train?

You're not proper Charlton unless you got the steam train.
  • edited July 2022
    Have tended to avoid beer in tins because I think the metal taints the taste. Today I gave in as in our local supermarket tinned Abbot was considerably cheaper than any bottled stuff. Have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Might have to try a few more tinned beers.
  • Stig said:
    Have tended to avoid beer in tins because I think the metal taints the taste. Today I gave in as in our local supermarket tinned About was considerably cheaper than any bottled stuff. Have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Might have to try a few more tinned beers.
    I never touch "tinnies". I can always taste the tin.
  • edited July 2022
    Westerham Brewery have stopped selling their beer in bottles and now only sell in tins. They reckon it's for environmental reasons, but it's more likely to be around cost in my view.
  • Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

It’s also in Devon!
    F***** me there!
    Did you get the steam train?

You're not proper Charlton unless you got the steam train.
    Wanted to but my beloved's friend had booked a boat return in advance, sadly.
  • edited August 2022
    I do believe that today is the first time in my life I have walked away from a bar empty handed because I refused to pay their prices. I would pay this for a quality product, but not for the bilge water they dredge up at The Valley. 

• Sponsored links:

• Quite right, all of them foul or flavourless
  • Anyone been to the GBBF this year? Went up on Thursday. My pick of the bunch...

• Stig said:
    I do believe that today is the first time in my life I have walked away from a bar empty handed because I refused to pay their prices. I would pay this for a quality product, but not for the bilge water they dredge up at The Valley. 

Yeah I noticed it was over £6 for a Heineken, I still paid it mind.

Was in Farringdon on Thursday and the starting price for a beer was over £7, Lambeth last night was the same. Prices are definitely going up, will have to stop paying my energy bills soon so I can afford a pint! 
  • In northern Cyprus currently, local larger is Efes, which is ok, larger isn't really my thing, but it's passablez especially in this heat (34c - 37c). Did notice the bars seem to have a local IPA, so will try that tonight.

Speaking of prices, bought a round last night of a pint of Efes, 2 soft drinks and a non-alcoholic cocktail, total price of £4.72
  • New bottled beer which should be on sale at 5 pounds a bottle by the Plymouth game 
  • Stig said:

For those prices I'd expect them to at least throw in a couple of apostrophes for free.

• edited August 2022
    Stig said:

Never drink on the concourses but i think if your a season ticket holder you get 20% of that. 
  • If it hasnt been mentioned before there is a great pub in Bournemouth called the goat and tricycle. Great selection of beers,

Home - Goat and Tricycle Pub Bournemouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Never drink on the concourses but i think if your a season ticket holder you get 20% of that. 
    That’s a good tip, had no idea season tickets holders got a discount. 
  • Off_it said:

Isn't that a Palace pub?
  • Stig said:
    Off_it said:

Isn't that a Palace pub?
    Was only one of them in yesterday
  • se9addick said:
    Stig said:

That’s a good tip, had no idea season tickets holders got a discount. 
    Got told that yesterday, but i never have time before the game or HT as there isnt time unless you miss a portion of the first or second half.
  • Minehead Station. Cider & Steam.
    Try and calm yourselves people.

• edited August 2022
    Steam

• ROTW said:
    Steam

It looks like your bike has been clamped.
  • Is anyone not working today?

• A mere £5.40 at the Paddington station bar.
  • Glaslyn from Purple Moose. A bit too hoppy for me, but it slipped down easy enough.