Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• shirty5 said:

Was there a description to go with the picture. I'd like to imagine that a highly cultured connoisseur was waxing lyrical about its bland wateriness, flat demeanour and not so subtle hints of pipe cleaner.  
  • Trillium/Other Half collaboration, DDH Green City. Nice, smooth 7% IPA. 

• Stig said:
    shirty5 said:

Was there a description to go with the picture. I'd like to imagine that a highly cultured connoisseur was waxing lyrical about its bland wateriness, flat demeanour and not so subtle hints of pipe cleaner.  
    You forgot to mention the plastic glass!

To be fair, it's the only way to truly appreciate Fosters
  • One thing I won’t miss once we’re clear of Covid - the single use plastic cup. 
  • Lamplighter Bunnies - very drinkable IPA at their new taproom which is being used for some of their barrel aged beers.  First night open tonight 

• Not sure if the purists are going to be accepting of this post but I’m looking for some recommendations on the best Alcohol Free/ Low Alcohol (0.5%) beers.

Taking a couple months off drinking but don’t want to have to stop enjoying beers if possible! 

Usually drink IPA or Pale Ale if available but have no issues with a good lager.

Any suggestions? 

• Lervig do the best I’ve tried. Low tide also recommended 
  • Ghost Ship is pretty good of its kind
  • Saulc23 said:
    Not sure if the purists are going to be accepting of this post but I’m looking for some recommendations on the best Alcohol Free/ Low Alcohol (0.5%) beers.

Taking a couple months off drinking but don’t want to have to stop enjoying beers if possible! 

Usually drink IPA or Pale Ale if available but have no issues with a good lager.

Any suggestions? 
    GUINNESS LAUNCHES NEW RESPONSIBLE DRINKING CAMPAIGN AHEAD OF THE 2019  GUINNESS SIX NATIONS AND ITS NOT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT
  • Sponsored links:

• Tonight’s travels - Bone Up Brewing, only three miles from my house but a bugger to get to on public transport. 

Ozzy Caramel Porter - it tastes just like it’s name.  Very drinkable at 5.3%

• edited April 2022
    Finally caved and opened my Bourbon County 2021 stout today. Unreal beer. 

• My conversion to porters & stouts is pretty much complete now. This one was pretty good, lots of flavour but maybe lacking a bit of creaminess and depth. 
  • Bissell Brothers Swish Double IPA. Very nice after a two hour drive. And they’re playing Thin Lizzy in the taproom for bonus points. 

• A couple of US beers I've tried recently. Both excellent but particularly the Fog Breaker. 

• Oude Gueuze Tilquin A L’Ancienne accompanied by a deep fried lobster tail (lobby pop), corn dog and fries. Proper lunch at the Highroller Lobster Co in Portland, Maine 

• Pint of Goachers light ale in the sunshine Saturday (@ The Papermill, Sittingbourne)

And then a nice Dreamland IPA from No Frills Joe's. Brewery is in Swamsombe, but I got it at a burger place in Canterbury

• A couple of US beers I've tried recently. Both excellent but particularly the Fog Breaker. 

When I moved here (1993) Anchor was everywhere, but seeing this, I can’t remember the last time I saw on tap or in a liquor store. 
  • Pint of Goachers light ale in the sunshine Saturday (@ The Papermill, Sittingbourne)

And then a nice Dreamland IPA from No Frills Joe's. Brewery is in Swamsombe, but I got it at a burger place in Canterbury

Chuck & Blade?
    I often drink the same in their Rochester branch
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to Tooting a day early for the big match tomorrow. Faith - A 5.4% hazy pale ale from the Leeds based Northern Monk brewery. Might try another :)
  • Stig said:b

Half way there. 
  • Trying to think if I've had a Hawaiian beer before, not sure that I have.

Quite nice. Would be very refreshing on a hot summers day. 
  • On holiday in Italy, they have some very good beer. 
  • edited May 2022
    And
  • edited May 2022
    A new taproom for me, although it’s not new. Not that far from where I live, just a bugger to get to. 

Mighty Squirrel - this is Mango Lassi, a sour mango IPA. Really nice on a warm day. 

• Both very nice although one of them isn’t Italian