Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• @MrOneLung - sounds like one for a hot summers day, not the depths of winter. I’ll have to see if I can find one, although the chances are slim. Stone is one of the beers you used to find a lot around Boston, but over the years they’ve been driven out by the sheer volume of local breweries. It been years since I saw Arrogant Bastard, and I used to drink that all the time. 
    Oh he still goes. Sits in the East/Alan C stand I believe. 

Posts on here too, under the name of .....
  • A batch of Allen has just been released from Verdant, box being delivered today. Happy Christmas 
  • Mentioned in this thread years ago I'm sure, but I only buy beer brewed in the country of origin. That makes me a bit of a beer snob but on this thread that's all relative!

The question is, should I change what I buy for environmental reasons?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63901215

• Only 3.9% but a lovely drop.

The first decent drink I have had in a week out here in Brazil.  This drop comes from over here in Belo Horizonte.
    Hard to find anything in brazil that wasn't a lager... Enjoy!
  • McBobbin said:

Only 3.9% but a lovely drop.

The first decent drink I have had in a week out here in Brazil.  This drop comes from over here in Belo Horizonte.
    Hard to find anything in brazil that wasn't a lager... Enjoy!
    The supermarkets sell stuff other than lager.  But as you say, lager lager lager.
    The country is absolutely flooded with Heineken.
  • Had a bottle of Old Dairy Copper Top last night. Very nice bottle conditioned ale

• Glad I only bought one of these, a whopping 6.9%.
    Not too keen so glad there is no more.

• Things are looking up. This little number is lovely and you'd never know it's 6.5%!

However, you do not get p***** in Brazil.  Not wise unless you 'crack on' when indoors.

• Things are looking up. This little number is lovely and you'd never know it's 6.5%!

However, you do not get p***** in Brazil.  Not wise unless you 'crack on' when indoors.
    Nice matching beer/glass combo Elfs 👍
  • Shouldn't this be on rate my plate, @ElfsborgAddick?
    Anyhow you're clearly ashamed of it, hiding it behind a wall of beer. It's a no from me.

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2022
    Bexley Brewery Autumn Ale last week. Was pleasantly surprised to find it is bottle conditioned. Definitely a recommendation from me. 

• Well, they made it to Christmas, so first up today is Lawsons Fayston Imperial Stout aged in rum barrels. Should have saved this one for the Krimble pud. Very rich and boozy, but only 10.5%. It might take a while to get through this. 

• In stark contrast to @SomervilleAddick offering, whilst you can see through this like water it does have an oomph.
    A shame the bars generally do not flog it.
  • I was hopeful with this one - Goose Island Bourbon Country Coffee Stout. It has a good reputation, but I was skeptical, as their reputation predates their acquisition by Anheuser Busch. Sadly my skepticism was right. It’s not a bad beer, it’s just not that special. Really couldn’t taste much coffee, it was just a generic, boozy stout. 

• This is best described as the Belgian stuff Frulji but without the fizz.   Absolutely fantastic gear.
    A Rio brew served here on the very edge of a dodgy gaff in Guarulhos, Sao Paulo.  I only had a pint.

• edited December 2022

Back home, and a decent drop of this in Bromley.

Nice glass as well.
  • Decent drop this

• Revolting. Threw half down the sink. 

• The Marble Brewery barley wine was particularly good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Beer like it used to be, but better then it used to be. Smells like beer, tastes like beer. Beer.

Lovely stuff - had it in the mouse hole in gravesend and a bar in Canterbury 
    Nice glasses.
  • At Trillium in Boston. Endless Coconut Stout, not had one, but that’s £40/pint

• edited January 2023
    I’ve just seen the Kentish Belle in Bexley is selling a can of beer called Verdant Putty for £10 😳

WTAF?
  • Run Wild IPA by the Athletic brewing Co. A REALLY good v. low alcohol beer, just 0.5%. Currently £4 (normally £6) for 4 x 355ml cans in Tesco, alongside the slightly lighter Upside Dawn beer, also excellent. I'd struggle to notice its not alcoholic as its decent hoppy bitterness gives it loads of flavour.
  • I think it might partly be due to duty as well as the cost of making/batch size but it seems that for each percentage of alcohol, craft beers cost £1. Rarely see these super strength imperial stouts for less than a tenner, and are around 11-12%. Sometime fun to get one to share, might as well get a bottle of wine.
  • I’ve just seen the Kentish Belle in Bexley is selling a can of beer called Verdant Putty for £10 😳

WTAF?

Limited edition 'hype' beer....definitely not worth it...I always get an aroma of 'sweaty onions' from Verdant beers...
  • I’ve just seen the Kentish Belle in Bexley is selling a can of beer called Verdant Putty for £10 😳

WTAF?

Limited edition 'hype' beer....definitely not worth it...I always get an aroma of 'sweaty onions' from Verdant beers...
    I've only ever tried Verdant Bloom, which I thought was great and I got that in the Kentish Belle, but certainly not £10 a can!

WTAF?

It is delicious but as @Charlton_Charlie says it’s definitely so popular because of the hype and “rarity”. If it was a year round release it would quickly lose interest. 

WTAF?
    The tins sold out in minutes when released online. 
  • Clearly no cost of living crisis for some 😳😳😳😳😳