Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Just enjoyed a Bexley Brewery Redhouse. Bottle conditioned Ruby bitter; delicious!
    That's a decent drop. I ordered some of those in the first lockdown - support a local business, and all that - but after a while they weren't selling it any more. I guess it's seasonal.
  • Options
    Brewdog low alcohol beers, every one of them utterly vile. Tastes as if they've got down to 0.5% just by adding 7 parts soda water to the original beer (which I don't much like anyway). Avoid.
  • Options
    I was cleaning out some boxes in the basement, and in one of them I found this 

It gave a little hiss when I opened it, it had a thin head when I poured it. The were no floaters.  

What do you think - drinkable or rank?
  • Options
    Drinkable I'd say, though being shepherd neame there's a limit to how good it will be.
  • Options
    Pretty good alcohol free dark beer, decent flavour and just a slight hint of that malty unbrewedness that low alcohol beers sometimes carry. Very drinkable, though not quite as good as their run wild ipa. Only nine days until I'm permitting myself to go back on proper beer after just about seven months without. 
  • Options
    I was cleaning out some boxes in the basement, and in one of them I found this 

It gave a little hiss when I opened it, it had a thin head when I poured it. The were no floaters.  

What do you think - drinkable or rank?
    Of the two choices, rank is the answer.  It had developed a really sweet honey flavor. Undrinkable, in my opinion. One taste was enough, although it didn’t smell off. It had been in the box for 26 years, so no light, but it hadn’t been in a consistently cold place. I was surprised it wasn’t much worse than it actually was. 
  • Options
    Nope. I can only imagine how bad that’s going to be. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    It's not even got labels on it. How do we know that it's not just some of Uncle Arthur's home brew left overs?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Beer drinking weekend in Portland, Maine. Tomorrow they are having an introduction to Lambiek Fabriek, which isn’t going to do my guts any good. Tums at the ready. But , to warm up I’m wandering round the local breweries. There are 6 in two blocks  

This is the best so far - Belleflower Into the Kileidoscope. 8% DNEIPA. Smooth and very mango. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Brazilian lager is total dishwater, as flimsy as a Charlton defence, but this IPA is pretty good.
    Also, a mate of my wife's has taken us to a pub :)
    over here you normally drink in a restaurant.
    21.00 and f****** hot!
  • Options
    Sad news re Black Sheep (going into administration) was only there last year, great brewery and good beer.

• Options
    Agreed, great brewery. Just didn't fit in.
  • Options
    If you're going afternoon drinking you might as well do it in style. The Old McKenzie Poltergeist Imperial Porter. 14.1% and absolutely gorgeous. 

• Options
    Vocation produce some excellent beers too
  • Options
    Stig said:
    If you're going afternoon drinking you might as well do it in style. The Old McKenzie Poltergeist Imperial Porter. 14.1% and absolutely gorgeous. 

What pub is that Stig?
  • Options
    No messing about there Stig!

*hic*
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    CHG said:
    Stig said:

What pub is that Stig?
    Drink? in Hebden Bridge. 
    https://whatpub.com/pubs/HAL/10003/drink-hebden-bridge
  • Options
    If ever you find yourself in Bruges, seek out De Garre. Without doubt the best bar in town and does its own beer. Comes in at 11% on the richter scale and bloody wonderful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While we're  on the heavy, this one weighs in at 10.5%. Best canned beer i can remember having,  but to be honest I can't really remember a lot.
  • Options
    Had some of this recently - very enjoyable..
  • Options
    Sacred Profane Dark Lager - very pleasant on a warm day after a 2 mile walk from the train station. Beer & trains - what a day 

• Options
    Rebellion lager from the Marlow Brewery. If all lager was this good I'd drink an awful lot more of it.
  • Options
    I agree, I’ve had some good pilsners, and the dark lager was excellent and very quaffable at only 4%. But most lagers are mass produced crap. 

So beer number 2 of todays extravaganza - it’s one of favorite bars 15th birthday - BFM Abbeye de St. Bon Chien. Barrel aged in wine, whiskey and grappa barrels. Tart but really smooth. I could drink this all day, but at 11% I probably shouldn’t or I’ll miss my train home. 

• Options
    Managed to get a delivery of Allen from Verdant yesterday. Looking forward to BH weekend. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    CHG said:
    Stig said:

What pub is that Stig?
    Drink? in Hebden Bridge. 
    https://whatpub.com/pubs/HAL/10003/drink-hebden-bridge
    Looks a good’un
  • Options
    So much good stuff on todays beer list. Cantillon St. Lamvinus on draft. Thinking about it, despite all my trips to Belgium over the years, I don’t remember seeing Cantillon on draft, but this place always seems to get it. Another smooth drinkable beer, which means it’s not really sour enough. Just a bit too mild. 

• Options

Keep an eye out for Zwanze day, assume this will take place in the US.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

https://ye-olde-cheshire-cheese.co.uk/

Fascinating place to visit - like going back in time. Interesting piece of history. On Fleet Street.