Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    CHG said:
    Stig said:
    CHG said:
    Stig said:
    If you're going afternoon drinking you might as well do it in style. The Old McKenzie Poltergeist Imperial Porter. 14.1% and absolutely gorgeous. 

What pub is that Stig?
    Drink? in Hebden Bridge. 
    https://whatpub.com/pubs/HAL/10003/drink-hebden-bridge
    Looks a good’un
    Yeah, it a great pub I recommend it. There are several good ones in Hebden Bridge it's a great place to go drinking. Some of the better ones are off of the main tourist square. I'd particularly recommend the Fox and Goose, it's well worth the walk to go there.
  • Options

Keep an eye out for Zwanze day, assume this will take place in the US.
    No Zwanze day this year, been pushed off until Spring 2024. It’s now going to be every two years. It’s been a big thing over here. It’s the only thing this bar does where people line up for opening. 
  • Options

No, this is not water, the average restaurant/bar here in Brazil does not sell anything other than lager.
    I could go tea total here very easily :'(
  • Options

No, this is not water, the average restaurant/bar here in Brazil does not sell anything other than lager.
    Sounds like there’s a gap in the market - get brewing! 
  • Options
    This was a really nice drink on a sunny day. Not too tart and at 8% just the right amount of body with plenty of kick.

This was a Siren Lumberjack Porter brewed with bourbon and maple. Lovely drop. Recommended. 

And as it's a nice warm day down here I'll be partaking of another of these later. 

Loads of tropical top notes, mostly pineapple, a touch sweet and you probably wouldn't have a session on it but goes down very nicely sitting in the sun.

Nb - other beers are available to suit less adventurous tastes. 
  • Options
    This was a really nice drink on a sunny day. Not too tart and at 8% just the right amount of body with plenty of kick.

This was a Siren Lumberjack Porter brewed with bourbon and maple. Lovely drop. Recommended. 

And as it's a nice warm day down here I'll be partaking of another of these later. 

Loads of tropical top notes, mostly pineapple, a touch sweet and you probably wouldn't have a session on it but goes down very nicely sitting in the sun.

You may mistake dislike of beer snobbery to lack of adventure. I’ll happily enjoy stuff like that your are talking about… and frequently do. But I’ll also enjoy a mass produced lager for what it is.
  • Options
    Gadds No 5 please 
  • Options

You may mistake dislike of beer snobbery to lack of adventure. I’ll happily enjoy stuff like that your are talking about… and frequently do. But I’ll also enjoy a mass produced lager for what it is.
    Ps decent notes of pineapple in Kronenbourg 1664 😁
  • Options

And yet you refer to it as shite...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And yet you refer to it as shite...
    “Some of the shite”…
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sounds like there’s a gap in the market - get brewing! 
    I yearn for a Punk IPA!
  • Options
    Wolfpack Session Ale, 3.8%, very nice on a sunny day in Yarwell, Northamptonshire
  • Options
    Gravity, 3.4% and great for a mid-walk pint on a warm day
  • Options
    Wolfpack Session Ale, 3.8%, very nice on a sunny day in Yarwell, Northamptonshire
    Thirsty were you? So thirsty that by the time youd got back from the bar, sat down and got your phone out youd drunk half of it? ,
  • Options

Bingo!   Booze in Brazil is not so bad after all!
    Had to get down to Sao Paulo to find it though.
  • Options

Back in the bar from last night, 6.9%.   Only 18.20 over here and raining :open_mouth: so best wait for it to stop.
  • Options
    Just received a case of Augustinner-brau certainly one of the best Munich beers. Magic!
  • Options
    We need to someone visit Belgium, the pinnacle of beers.
    That will make this thread move like a F1 motor.
  • Options

The caipirinhas here are nice, after 3 or 4 you have a good night's sleep!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TBF, that still looks better than some of those atrocities @SomervilleAddick posts up on here!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I don't often drink Stout, but this was lovely. I found it at the Unit 1 Alehouse in West Hythe.
    Picture won't upload! It was called Dark Matter, by the Docker Brewing Company.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Beautiful sunny day today, a first trip to Trillium’s new pop up beer garden on Boston Common. 

We have a bunch of these, where local breweries get summer licenses to operate on various open spaces. Proper outdoor drinking which was, at least until recently, a rarity in a country where public drinking is frowned upon. 

Let’s see where @Off_it threshold is. I think the first one should be ok. Czech Dark, 4.9%, very drinkable on a hot day (32c)

The only complaint is the plastic cup. 

• Options
    Next up - Pier. A fruity IPA made with galaxy and citra. Easy drinking for 6.7%

• Options
    The problem with posting pictures is that all these beers look the same. If a bunch of people were all drinking different IPAs and put them down, you’d have no chance of finding yours without sampling them. And even then, some of them taste so similar you’d be challenged. 

So here is Double Dry Hopped Melcher Street. Looks just like the last one, but 7.2%. It does taste different. Not fruity, a bit dryer and the bitterness is more apparent. 

• Options
    I'd be up for any of those last 3 Somerville but you're getting up to an ABV where I'd have to chicken out and start going back down again. Or fall over. 
  • Options
    One an hour is the plan. I can normally manage that. I think one more before the thunderstorm arrives. 
  • Options
    Ok, time to tip @Off_it over the edge - Daily Serving Berliner Weisse with Mango and Passion Fruit. Only 4.2%, very fruity with a nice tart finish. Excellent on a hot day. 

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Mate, I don't want to be the one to have to tell you this, but I think someone has vommed in your (plastic) cup.
  • Options