Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

1109110111112113115»

Comments

• Options
    Thank f*ck dry January is over and done with...a joyless, miserable experience and one I will not repeat.. I know no-one was twisting my arm but once I'd started I was going to see it through..and here we are. An adverse side affect of it is that I've managed to spend over £500 on stocking up the beer fridge during the last month (Cloudwater, Track, Verdant and Brass castle, mainly) in anticpiation of it being done and dusted....and now wet Feb is upoon us, I'm feeling ropey..typical...still hoping to pop to the Green Goddess later to mark the occassion (only if they have the Pollys x Track DIPA stil on tap), then it's Brass Castle taproom at the weekend followed by as much time in the River Ale House as I can get away with from next week. Cheers
  • Options
    Bow & Arrow Brewing in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Had one with dinner last weekend and then got some 4-packs to take up to our rental for the week. A really nice NEIPA and a fantastic sour IPA. Decided to stop off at the brewery on the way to the airport. This is their Monument Magic IPA, 7% and despite the haze it’s really more of a West Coast IPA. Hoppy with a dry malty finish. 

• Options
    On day 35 of dry January but will be tested later a my favourite subterranean micro pub - it’s a mates birthday (one with an 0 at the end) and his wife has organised a surprise party (which the regulars told him about).

Not sure if I will drink or not yet - Did sober spring last year and clocked up 126 days (96 the year before) so may keep going. Probably fold at the first sniff of IPA however and they have Titanic Plum Porter and Cherry Porter on which will be difficult to resist!

• Options
    IAgree said:
    IAgree said:
    On day 35 of dry January but will be tested later a my favourite subterranean micro pub - it’s a mates birthday (one with an 0 at the end) and his wife has organised a surprise party (which the regulars told him about).

Not sure if I will drink or not yet - Did sober spring last year and clocked up 126 days (96 the year before) so may keep going. Probably fold at the first sniff of IPA however and they have Titanic Plum Porter and Cherry Porter on which will be difficult to resist!

Lasted two minutes and then drank Titanic Plum Porter …..
    It was well worth it, wasn't it?

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    IAgree said:
    IAgree said:

It was well worth it, wasn't it?

It’s a fabulous pint in my opinion! Tasted sweet after 35 days!
  • Options
    Something I’ve not had before. Over The Moon Chocolate Lager, a collaboration between Lamplighter and Remnant breweries, using chocolate from our magnificent local chocolate company, Taza. 

Wasn’t expecting much from it, but it’s a pretty decent dark lager with the chocolate really coming through in the aftertaste. Not sweet, although Taza is not known for sweet chocolate - their thing is dry, almost grainy, unsweetened Mexican style. Much better than I had anticipated. 

• Options
    IAgree said:
    IAgree said:

Sank, surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pre concert beer in sunny Worcester (Massachusetts) - Hudson Valley Mirrorshield. 7% sour IPA with Lychee. Best new sour I’ve had for a while. Quite sharp, but a smooth fruity aftertaste. 

Armsby Abbey is the bar - they have a few Trappist beer available but an impressive (and expensive) list of Belgian lambics.

• Options
    One more before the show - Hill Farmstead Poetica. 5% Pilsner lagered in wood. Not fizzy, not super cold, tastes like beer, unlike most of its American counterparts. 

• Options

Just back from a week in Ireland.