Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Few recent beers I've tried, in descending order of nicest.

Top one hints of a rhubard & custard boiled sweet chucked into the mash, which sounds awful, but it wasn't overpowering at all. Really enjoyed it. Middle one lots of caramel coming through. Bottom one a very nice pale ale session beer. 
  • Options

This was my Friday evening...think that the 3rd (the original version) was my favourite.. All of them absolutely brilliant beers though...

Not sure why I didn’t get up for a run on Saturday morning...
    Is @chubbles the first Lifer to have a beer named after him?
  • Options
    Had one of those mixed boxes of six bottles for about £9 from the supermarket. Knew all of them apart from McEwans Levy, a black beer described as dark in colour, light in taste.
    Effectively a mild, I suppose, and I've had a few in the past i found fairly decent, but I thought this one was just horrible.
  • Options
    Been dry since December 31.  Was easy to start, been more of a slog last couple of weeks.  It finishes tomorrow. Looking forward to a beer/wine and have the Guinness cab arriving on Friday.
  • Options
    Few recent beers I've tried, in descending order of nicest.

Top one hints of a rhubard & custard boiled sweet chucked into the mash, which sounds awful, but it wasn't overpowering at all. Really enjoyed it. Middle one lots of caramel coming through. Bottom one a very nice pale ale session beer. 
    E**** Brewery? Wtf is that doing in  your gaff?!
  • Options

Lager is a thing of the past.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    With thanks to whomever it was posted it on here.. @Covered End I think?

• Options
    Couple recent beers I've tried. Couldn't be much more different in style but both very nice. I'm persisting with the porters and stouts but would still plump for the IPA on most occasions. The Anarchy Brew was great. 

• Options

...this was also a very decent session ale. I've also never had a "biscuit pairing" suggested with a beer before! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beer and biscuits

what’s not to love?

• Options
    Interesting bottle as well. 
  • Options
    This was a bit stronger than I needed after having a few on Friday night - but it was really good (was pretty hungover watching the match yesterday). Have liked all the beers I’ve had from Wylam.

• Options

Thinking of Charlton.
  • Options

I wish I started drinking this sooner.  Tastes like lager BUT has a cracking kick to it.
  • Options
    I rate that St Pierre as well, tastes well above £3, would recommend to anyone who likes Leffe Bonde or Affligem 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Beer and biscuits

what’s not to love?

milllllll and palice.
  • Options
    This is a decent lagery pills that I had last night

Have a case of 8 beers from 71 Brewing in Dundee, haven’t tried their stuff before but will have a couple tonight. 
  • Options
    My wife popped into Aldi on her way home from work yesterday to get a couple of bits and got me a few of their beers as she thought they looked good. Started with this, which is lovely. £3 a bottle.

Nice glass amigo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    The Pigeon in Camberwell, Anspach and Hobday taproom, is doing draft beer for takeaway. 

Had a couple of pints of their Double IPA (8.5%) last night, very nice - can’t wait for a good pint in a pub though. 

God almighty they do a DDH on draft?  They'd definitely need to call me a cab if I ever drank there...
  • Options
    My wife popped into Aldi on her way home from work yesterday to get a couple of bits and got me a few of their beers as she thought they looked good. Started with this, which is lovely. £3 a bottle.

Coo.  750ml.  Aldi here I come.
  • Options
     ElfsborgAddick said:

I wish I started drinking this sooner.  Tastes like lager BUT has a cracking kick to it.
    Love a punk.  They do (did?) it on draft at The George in Borough.  Spent a ridicuous Saturday afternoon there with my stepson a couple of years ago drinking pints of Punk with Talisker chasers.  
  • Options
     ElfsborgAddick said:

Love a punk.  They do (did?) it on draft at The George in Borough.  Spent a ridicuous Saturday afternoon there with my stepson a couple of years ago drinking pints of Punk with Talisker chasers.  
    Jesus - that sounds like quite the Scottish themed afternoon! 
  • Options

Being a regular customer of Marks n Sparks, today I came across this.  Reading passion fruit on the can was more appealing than downing this sickly stuff :s
  • Options

This is a sour version of one I tried last week. Both excellent but I think on balance I preferred this one. 
  • Options

This is a sour version of one I tried last week. Both excellent but I think on balance I preferred this one. 

Save me the glass.
  • Options
    Moved onto this, £1.29 a bottle and is equally lovely. Will go down well with the curry we’re cooking. Both glasses courtesy of an Arras bar.

• Options
    se9addick said:
     ElfsborgAddick said:

Jesus - that sounds like quite the Scottish themed afternoon! 
    I just had to prove a point to the young upstart.  He had to go home by 6pm.
  • Options
    Moved onto this, £1.29 a bottle and is equally lovely. Will go down well with the curry we’re cooking. Both glasses courtesy of an Arras bar.

I like your frying pan.