Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options

Very heavy, but tasty.
    Memories for me out in Durban for the test in '99.  I missed Andy Caddick's hat-trick due to being stuck in a boozer watching our game at Huddersfield.
    Putting “100%” on the front of a can of beer is a bold move, was worried for your well-being for a second there!
  • Options

A mate recommended this as an alternative to lager, it's VERY nice.
    Fruity and light without the fizz of lager.
  • Options

A mate recommended this as an alternative to lager, it's VERY nice.
    Fruity and light without the fizz of lager.

It’ll never catch on!!!
  • Options

I'm trying to get into porters and stouts. This was actually very nice. Loads of berry flavour coming through and the initial fizz didn't last, so that was good. 
  • Options

Another attempt at a stout. US import from Tailgate Brewery, Nashville. Nice aroma, bit of an odd aftertaste tbh. Would probably have another half at the end of a session if it were available but wouldn't seek it out. 
  • Options

I'm trying to get into porters and stouts. This was actually very nice. Loads of berry flavour coming through and the initial fizz didn't last, so that was good. 
    A decent porter is a lovely thing. Last one I had out was railway porter by five points brewery in a Soho boozer. Fabulous pint. At £5.50 I thought it was a bit pricey, but compared to what some of you lot are happy to pay for a tin, it now feels like a bit of a bargain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll let my 85 year old mum know her closed bank may be replaced by a beer cafe. I bet she'll be chuffed. 
  • Options
    Haven’t got anything too interesting at the moment so drinking some Brewdog Elvis juice to watch this Liverpool game, definitely my favourite from them. This and Duopolis are far better than Punk in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Didn’t even know that bank had closed down. 
  • Options

Just recently got back into drinking after my health problems last summer.
    Am now restricting myself to 5-6 drinks on a Saturday and dipping my feet in the water with IPA's, they're very good :)
    This little number has the fizz of lager but a LOT more body.
  • Options

This stuff is great, and have had the odd pint over the past couple of years.
    Heavy on the pocket, heavy on the taste buds.  I'd not be in good shape after 6 pints.
  • Options
    Two good choices there, @ElfsborgAddick, both very tasty
  • Options

On offer in Waitrose currently, £1.50. Lovely.
  • Options
    That plum porter is a rare but lovely thing. Had a mixed case from them a while ago, and that was my favourite from a very good collection.
  • Options

Heavy on the pocket, heavy on the taste buds.  I'd not be in good shape after 6 pints.
    Love these, but think of them more as a summer beer. I like put them in the freezer for an extra low temperature - not all together but one at a time. As I pour one the next one gets its 20 mins in the ice box.  Fantastic stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone for another fruity porter tonight. Very tasty. Do some nice beers do St Peter's. 

These are fabulous. I really like the St Peters Milk Stouts as well. Hard to find a better beer in a supermarket.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Love these, but think of them more as a summer beer. I like put them in the freezer for an extra low temperature - not all together but one at a time. As I pour one the next one gets its 20 mins in the ice box.  Fantastic stuff.
    I have a bottle of Proper Job to sample, fridge or freezer before drinking? 
  • Options
    Stig said:

Defo doesn't need the freezer Elfie. Quite partial to a Proper Job myself. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Stig said:

Defo doesn't need the freezer Elfie. Quite partial to a Proper Job myself. 
    Righto mate.

I'll be having this next Saturday, I'll report in with my score.
  • Options
    Currently loving roaster coaster, a Brew Dog and Evil Twin collaboration. See ell it in Tesco. It's a coffee porter, 9% and £3.50. as good as it gets
  • Options
    This one was very good - it tastes a bit less sour than an old Rodenbach Grand Cru. It says cherries but they’re very subdued. 
  • Options

A bit of fizz in this, tastes of mango/peach.
    Unlike the team, this is not going down very well.
  • Options
    The Pigeon in Camberwell, Anspach and Hobday taproom, is doing draft beer for takeaway. 

Had a couple of pints of their Double IPA (8.5%) last night, very nice - can’t wait for a good pint in a pub though. 

• Options
    Drinking this from my latest Beer52, very drinkable for 7%! You’d almost think it has some lactose in it with the sweetness and mouthfeel but apparently it doesn’t.