Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options

This was very nice. I've had a few of their beers and they've all be very good. Not sure how you'd ever order it in their native Croatian given it's a proper mouthful even in English. 
  • Options

Being a regular customer of Marks n Sparks, today I came across this.  Reading passion fruit on the can was more appealing than downing this sickly stuff :s
    M&S normally have a decent Mikkeller range, check them out next time you’re there 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Being a regular customer of Marks n Sparks, today I came across this.  Reading passion fruit on the can was more appealing than downing this sickly stuff :s
    M&S normally have a decent Mikkeller range, check them out next time you’re there 

Nice one mate, they cannot be any worse than the urine that has just passed my lips.
  • Options
    This is an interesting dark IPA, a mix between an IPA & a stout, nice but I’m not sure you could have too many. 

• Options
    https://springforward.meantimebrewing.com/

Free beer from Meantime! Limited to 1000 people but they've still got a couple of hundred left
  • Options
    https://springforward.meantimebrewing.com/

Free beer from Meantime! Limited to 1000 people but they've still got a couple of hundred left
    Good man! The free beer Brewdog were doing a couple of months ago wasn’t great, let’s hope this is better. 
  • Options
    Too late. ☹️
  • Options
    Just a footnote on the Aldi 'St Pierre Blonde' (under £3 for a 750ml bottle), its made for them by the Palm Brewery, Brussels so has a good pedigree,    
  • Options
    A Palm Speciale is one of the great joys in life.
  • Options
    I'm struggling to find really good sub 6.5% IPAs. I went to Eltham wines yesterday and most of the stuff was double or imperial strength.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think this is the person that was trying to open a micro pub on the old Rochester way club development but couldn’t get around some residents objections.

https://charltonchampion.co.uk/2021/03/30/green-goddess-pop-up-beer-garden-coming-to-charlton-house-from-12-april/?fbclid=IwAR3-uldwUzCECjdunvD67WUCsqjp6yd-oBr9m8BF-R3J4YwPqn5ZjlY3cIQ
  • Options

My transfer from lager to IPA's is now confirmed.
  • Options
    The first full pint of dark matter from the first Pinter brew. It is fabulous.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    A few of my recent tipples. I'm really liking a fair few of Pressure Drop's beers, same with Gypsy Hill. I'm not mad keen on Brockley Brewery but their Amber Ale (not pictured) is fairly good.
  • Options

This was a really nice West Coast IPA. Quite tropical fruity undertones and plenty of bite to it. Could easily have a messy session on these and Brew York are fast becoming one of my favourite brewers. 
  • Options

This is meant to be mixed with Mango, Apricot, Grapefruit and Mandarins.
    A shame it tastes like sardines that have been put in a blender!
    F****** disgusting.
  • Options

Got my tastebuds back after last night's rubbish.
    M&S do some decent lagers tbf.  This is one of them.
  • Options
    Can we make a thread  for those to confirm their top 3 alternative newcomer beers? Lots of different beers here, but as we know for all the tasty new beers we will have some awful selections... 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Another one from Croatia. If you weren't used to sours, you'd hate it. But I'm watching the game and really enjoying it. The beer that is, the game's rubbish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    superb doppelbock from Augustinner
  • Options
    Brew By Numbers have a new brewery/taproom opening later this year on the peninsula. Could be a good spot for pre and post game beers

https://bbno.co/blogs/news/the-road-to-morden-wharf
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    IdleHans said:
    The first full pint of dark matter from the first Pinter brew. It is fabulous.
    Heard only good things about the dark matter stout from the Pinter.
    it’s about the only one I haven’t brewed as I’m not a big stout fan.

What would you liken this to?
    Have you brewed any others?
  • Options
    My second brew is conditioning and will be ready next weekend - it's the IPA. Judging by the state of the trub at undocking, it will taste lovely, very good bitter flavour.

Wouldn't liken the stout to any of the major brands. The bitterness is strong with notes of espresso, plain chocolate and black treacle. I loved it, but someone used to Budweiser would barely recognise it as beer.
  • Options
    The Public house IPA was a good ‘en.
    TBF, most of those I’ve tried haven’t been too bad.
    I try to condition for as long as possible but invariably get impatient.
    got the Californian lager conditioning at present and the new Weiss beer ready to brew once that’s done.
    love my Pinter 🍺
    will try the stout one day, I’m sure 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    My second brew is conditioning and will be ready next weekend - it's the IPA. Judging by the state of the trub at undocking, it will taste lovely, very good bitter flavour.

Wouldn't liken the stout to any of the major brands. The bitterness is strong with notes of espresso, plain chocolate and black treacle. I loved it, but someone used to Budweiser would barely recognise it as beer.
    Can you add your own hops and malts? Or are there recipe pouches similar to when you home brew from kits?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    PopIcon said:
    IdleHans said:

Can you add your own hops and malts? Or are there recipe pouches similar to when you home brew from kits?
    The manufacturer doesn’t recommend it but there are some on YouTube that have added ingredients or used other kits.

the kits made for the Pinter they call a “fresh press” which is basically just added yeast and water.
    not proper brewing, I know, but a bit of fun
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    IdleHans said:

The manufacturer doesn’t recommend it but there are some on YouTube that have added ingredients or used other kits.

the kits made for the Pinter they call a “fresh press” which is basically just added yeast and water.
    I did home brew from kits back when I was a teenager, but what a faff with all the sterilising of bottles, and results were patchy.
    The Pinter is really simple and quick at every stage, the hardest part is letting the beer condition long enough, but it's worth waiting for. It's not really home brewing, it's more akin to a decent ready meal that takes two weeks to be ready, but plenty of people brew with other beer kits or add ingredients to tailor the flavour, especially fruit juice.
    I may do that eventually but I prefer to brew per instructions to see what it's like in its natural state - they've done the work to produce good flavours. I have the four saisons and APA waiting in the fridge as the IPA won't last past next weekend. Very pleased with the Pinter so far, and two mates have also bought them and are getting good results.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    PopIcon said:
    IdleHans said:

I did home brew from kits back when I was a teenager, but what a faff with all the sterilising of bottles, and results were patchy.
    The Pinter is really simple and quick at every stage, the hardest part is letting the beer condition long enough, but it's worth waiting for. It's not really home brewing, it's more akin to a decent ready meal that takes two weeks to be ready, but plenty of people brew with other beer kits or add ingredients to tailor the flavour, especially fruit juice.
    I may do that eventually but I prefer to brew per instructions to see what it's like in its natural state - they've done the work to produce good flavours. I have the four saisons and APA waiting in the fridge as the IPA won't last past next weekend. Very pleased with the Pinter so far, and two mates have also bought them and are getting good results.
    Not tried “proper” home brewing myself but the Pinter came at the right time for me with lockdown etc.
    decent results in all brews so far.
    foot saisons and the Stars and Stripes are both good beers 👍

I have started to bottle from the Pinter after a few days of tapping.
    just to pass results onto friends and to get another brew going ASAP.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    PopIcon said:
    IdleHans said:

Thanks for all the info. It does look incredibly tidy.
    I'd quite like to try some of the beer before committing. Almost sounds too good.

I've done some grain brewing and have quite a lot of gear. It's messy, takes up a lot of space and as you mentioned, It's a constant battle with sterilisation. I am also considering getting a grainmaster. However, I'll still need a fermenting tank and hot liquor tank (a tea urn). My understanding is the grainmaster combines the mash tun with the kettle.