Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Felt wrong enjoying anything out of Bermondsey...

• Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier i suspect it has, but anyone tried Golden Champion from Badgers, lovely bottle of beer.
  • Options

• Options
    A wise man once said - “people who say money can’t buy you happiness obviously don’t know where to shop”. 
  • Options
    A bit off topic but was in Aldi today and picked up a couple of ciders 

Rhubarb and Ginger one and a gooseberry and elderflower one and they were both really refreshing on a humid day. 
  • Options
    Not a lager drinker, pilsner urquell aside, but tried some San Miguel Especial out of curiosity, thinking it might be all right in the warm weather.

It isn't, it is thoroughly unpleasant. Avoid.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    anyone that uses linkedin will see James is regularly on there espousing the Brewdog way...I suspect he may be quiet for a while...
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Not a lager drinker, pilsner urquell aside, but tried some San Miguel Especial out of curiosity, thinking it might be all right in the warm weather.

Ive been buying this fairly regularly at Morrisons (£15.99 a case) - its stronger than the normal San Miguel and is actually brewed and imported from Spain (as opposed the bottles and cans of "normal" San Miguel which is brewed in the UK under licence). Have to say I quite enjoyed it...
  • Options
    On the Paulaner "Muncher Hell" 3 for a fiver at Tesco, love Munich lagers and this is a very decent one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    On the Paulaner "Muncher Hell" 3 for a fiver at Tesco, love Munich lagers and this is a very decent one
    Decent German Helles are something to cherish and Paulaner get it right, hard to think of a better session drink 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    Decent German Helles are something to cherish and Paulaner get it right, hard to think of a better session drink 
    Absolutely. Got one of those 5 litre mini casks, and me and a mate blazed through it at a BBQ. Sure made my head.spin! But it just cuts through thirst like nothing else. Augustinner brau probably my favourite, but Paulaner an absolute treat
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Ive been buying this fairly regularly at Morrisons (£15.99 a case) - its stronger than the normal San Miguel and is actually brewed and imported from Spain (as opposed the bottles and cans of "normal" San Miguel which is brewed in the UK under licence). Have to say I quite enjoyed it...
    That might explain it - I've just looked at an empty can and it was brewed in Northampton. I thought it was a bit odd as I find standard San Miguel one of the more acceptable euro lagers.
    Mine were 4 cans for £4 from Tesco.

• Options

Unlike me, this has plenty of body but a lot of fizz.
  • Options
    Lovely day at Bissell Brothers 
  • Options
    In a pub in Paisley yesterday, a Scottish classic

• Options
    se9addick said:
    In a pub in Paisley yesterday, a Scottish classic

A decent drop.
    They do this in The Scottish Stores by King's Cross Station.
  • Options
    Proclamation Ethereous with Oak, a plate of wings and a Red Sox game on TV. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I do like this stuff, the Rovers 1-1 away 3 seasons ago was made of this stuff.....and more.
  • Options
    Good idea, think I will.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Old School.
  • Options

I do like this stuff, the Rovers 1-1 away 3 seasons ago was made of this stuff.....and more.
    What boozer @ElfsborgAddick? Decent selection by the looks of it. 
  • Options

• Options

Barrel and Horn in Bromley.
  • Options

Pants down prices in there.
    We used to drink across the road in the Star and Garter, but the woman who runs it is so grumpy.
  • Options
    My local off licence sells Canterbury Ales, which are well worth sounding out as they are bottle conditioned rather than pasteurised. The ruby bitter is a particular favourite of mine but they do some IPAs and golden ales for those who like that sort of thing.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Pants down prices in there.
    We used to drink across the road in the Star and Garter, but the woman who runs it is so grumpy.
    Ffs, only last week my mate went in there and complained about her!!!!
  • Options
    This was the stuff of nightmares...

...virtually undrinkable.