Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

£6.30 in the Shortlands Tavern is a tad strong.
    £3.49 in the Wspoons, a massive difference that explains why they will never be empty.
    Be careful, had a pint of the Alcohol Hand Gel once and it’s rank!

Seriously though, they have Neck Oil from Bevertown, if they have Gamma Ray then get a pint of that. 
    As thought, the owner of this has the Pelton Arms.  Also owns the Two Doves in Bromley Common, 200 yards from Homesdale FC if you fancy a bit of Kent League groundhopping.
    Holmsdale FC had always sounded waaaay too Palace for my liking. Are they the team that play right next door to Bromley?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

£6.30 in the Shortlands Tavern is a tad strong.
    £3.49 in the Wspoons, a massive difference that explains why they will never be empty.
    Be careful, had a pint of the Alcohol Hand Gel once and it’s rank!

Seriously though, they have Neck Oil from Bevertown, if they have Gamma Ray then get a pint of that. 
    As thought, the owner of this has the Pelton Arms.  Also owns the Two Doves in Bromley Common, 200 yards from Homesdale FC if you fancy a bit of Kent League groundhopping.
    Holmsdale FC had always sounded waaaay too Palace for my liking. Are they the team that play right next door to Bromley?
    No ground next to Bromley.  15 minutes walk past Bromley College and turn right on to the Oakley Road.
    However, Bromley is such that the spanners probably have more here than us, palice just smother the place.......sadly 
  • Options

Two old favourites, and a sensible £4.70.
    The Star & Garter opposite is a MUST for the CAMRA brigade.
  • Options

Not had this for a while, very tasty for a lager.
    Hooligans! Loopy juice that is (or was at least).
  • Options
    A pint of Harvey's Best and a packet of SE7's finest! A combo never bettered.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Kronenbourg and a scotch egg?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Kronenbourg and a scotch egg?
    Good call on the scotch egg, but its a no from me on the 1664 haha!
  • Options

Tried this in the Dartford Jug this afternoon, VERY heavy going, a grade down from Duvel and Delirium.
    One is nice but need to go onto something less potent after.
  • Options

If you like whisky as well as cider, you must try this.
    The local I got chatting to in the Dartford Jug insisted I tasted this.
    I don't drink either whisky or cider BUT it was very nice.  Very soft with a hint of whisky flavour.
  • Options
    Inspired by an impromptu over the fence beer tasting with my splendid next door neighbour yesterday lunchtime (WFH so basically 1:30 to 3:30) I went to aldi for the first time in 18 months and stocked up with a heap of their craft beers in little tins, all priced 99p - £1.09 I think.
    Yesterday's was the Freak Aleworks Phantom, and today I've had the half pipe session pale. Both very pleasant indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tried this in the Dartford Jug this afternoon, VERY heavy going, a grade down from Duvel and Delirium.
    One is nice but need to go onto something less potent after.
    This is one of my favourite beers, along side Kwak and Hertog Jan.
    My wife and I sunk a few of these on a weekend In Bruges. On draft it’s sublime.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Inspired by an impromptu over the fence beer tasting with my splendid next door neighbour yesterday lunchtime (WFH so basically 1:30 to 3:30) I went to aldi for the first time in 18 months and stocked up with a heap of their craft beers in little tins, all priced 99p - £1.09 I think.
    Yesterday's was the Freak Aleworks Phantom, and today I've had the half pipe session pale. Both very pleasant indeed.
    Often get the amber ale, IPA and golden ale from Aldi. 

Occasionally get the cans which are quite nice as well 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    IdleHans said:
    Sounds like a good neighbour!

Whereas mine was out of beer one night and I gave him a few cans, then about 3 weeks later he brought back crateloads of Belgian beers he got for about a Euro each after working over there, and sat in the garden telling me how nice they were.

Didn't take a hint of me suggesting I've been meaning to try a couple of them.... 

Was like that scene in the Royle Family with Nana and the Revels.  "Ooh, Delirium Red, that one's good, you should try that some time...."
  • Options

£1.39 for 600ml of Home Bargains finest Nigerian beer. It's certainly got a "unique" flavour going on.
  • Options

...this on the other hand was an absolute cracker. Soured but only quite mildly. 
  • Options
    How much was that @Bournemouth Addick as can’t see it for less than £12 which is way out of my budget. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How much was that @Bournemouth Addick as can’t see it for less than £12 which is way out of my budget. 
    Mine too tbh, even for a 750ml bottle. I didn't buy it @MrOneLung but my local bottle shop was clearing some space so apparently had a few bottles he was knocking out around half that. 
  • Options

£1.39 for 600ml of Home Bargains finest Nigerian beer. It's certainly got a "unique" flavour going on.
    It's a funny old world Saint, but to me "shine shine Bobo" and a label with six different fonts doesn't exactly suggest 'premium quality. Hope you enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Stig said:

It's a funny old world Saint, but to me "shine shine Bobo" and a label with six different fonts doesn't exactly suggest 'premium quality. Hope you enjoyed it. 

Some people will drink any old muck.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Um...not really Stig. It's good to try new beers but this was a challenge. I think they use some root or herb in the mash which results in quite a strong mouthwash undertone coming through. One for the Listerine fans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't Listerine at least say 'do not swallow' on the label?
  • Options
    Listerine was first marketed as a floor cleaner. Perhaps that's what the Shine Shine is on the label.  
  • Options
    It's like Ribena for beer drinkers. Got to be honest, when I started I thought  it would be top marks,  but half way down and I'm already thinking too much fruit.
  • Options
    Lovely nutty taste. 

• Options
    edited July 2021
    The above reminds me of drinking sessions after work at The Phoenix and The Finery. Good old days.
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

What is it?
  • Options
    Nice, but maybe a little too heavy for me. Definitely one for sipping not necking.

• Options
    I'm keeping it light tonight, but that Trappe Dubbel looks gorgeous. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021