Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options

First pint of Guinness for about 9 years, it’s was like I’ve never been away.
  • Options
    Couple from over the weekend.

7.5/10 on the sour front. Not for beginners  ;)

A Rolling Palace No3 from the Black Isle Brewing Co. 

Done myself with the choice of glass again but a really nice session beer. 
  • Options
    This is a little disappointing. Smells great and has an initial burst that matches the description. Cherry, strawberry, vanilla. But then it all disappears quickly to leave a faintly cherry, dry aftertaste. Not bad, I just expected more. 

• Options

In here at present.
    A cracking boozer and beer.
  • Options
    That Lamplighter IPA looks right up my street.

This is just a cheapy produced for Lidl but surprisingly good. 

And their sour was just on the right side of tart too.

Delirium booze and glasses are great.
  • Options
    One last beer before I go to see Squeeze. Boon Gueuze Selection is superb. Even more superb is that I can get it on draft at Novare Res Bier Cafe in Portland, Maine. 

Squeeze in concert, fantastic. 
  • Options

Tried these two recently. Both very good - the seaweedy one the best. Both maybe a little heavy for this time of year but still quite refreshing. 
    Hope you did not have a bad tummy the following day.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I'm keeping it light tonight, but that Trappe Dubbel looks gorgeous. 
    Lol, we're probably drinking each others beers tonight as I'm a fan of the West Berks output. 
    Thinking of @blackpool72
  • Options
    September 1st, and the release of Storrowed, Trilliums annual celebration of students getting their U-Hauls stuck under one of the low bridges on Storrow Drive. One of their best IPAs in my opinion. 

Not heard of any trucks stuck this year. 

• Options
    Not sure if I like the ginger kick or not.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Clacton Wspoons has atmosphere.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Got to love going to the west country on holiday ...

Edit: was trying to post some pics, but one of the downsides of being down here is that the Internet is powered by a small mouse on a wheel!
    Let's try again .....

• Options
    Personally much preferred Otters to Palmers when I was down that way.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Went to the Tonbridge Food and Drink festival today, was driving so couldn't sample many beers, but did have a pint of Godstone Brewers Trenchman's Hop. Was a decent IPA, but probably not the right selection for such a hot/sunny day.

https://www.thegodstonebrewers.com/?pgid=jrxx9n5i-11d3acb8-9ea0-434b-aafb-096aad479f47
  • Options

I wish we could play more games on a Monday.
  • Options

First pint of Guinness for about 9 years, it’s was like I’ve never been away.
    If I'm not being too personal, why the break?
  • Options

Is that a menu from 1995?!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is that a menu from 1995?!
    £1.50 back then?
  • Options
    @North Lower Neil

what was the Guinness 0.0 like?  Started drinking the non alcoholic beers beginning of the year when the Dr put me on a no alcohol notice.  Some of the Brewdog were ok, but nothing like the real thing. So was keen to try this before they withdrew it, 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    T said:
    @North Lower Neil

what was the Guinness 0.0 like?  Started drinking the non alcoholic beers beginning of the year when the Dr put me on a no alcohol notice.  Some of the Brewdog were ok, but nothing like the real thing. So was keen to try this before they withdrew it, 

It was decent- thinner and a bit less creamy than the real thing but definitely very good for a NA/LA beer - would recommend it.

Quite like the low alcohol Ghost Ship too if you're OK with a 0.5% medically!
  • Options
    Mrs Plumb and I are in Zakynthos at the moment. A pint (500ml?) of Mythos in a frosted glass on a warm evening is a wonderful thing. The second one is almost as good. 
    Love a Mythos
  • Options

Monday Club, weren't they a bunch of right wing nutters? Still, that would be right up Tim Nice But Dim's street.
  • Options
    Lunchtime beer,.top stuff

• Options

Another new addition to the Midget's taste buds.
    Smooth with a subtle citrus kick.
  • Options
    Going to the BBNo riverside beer festival tomorrow. A load of beers to attempt to try in a 4 slot. Really looking forward to it. Verdant have five offerings, can’t get enough of that stuff…
  • Options
    see you there @CHG ....
  • Options
    Picked up a four pack of these from Tesco on clearance just to give them a try. Bloody lovely, so went back and bought the last three packs. Fruity but not stupidly so, very sessionable indeed, though at 4.4% stronger than I would consider being a session beer now I am ancient.
    Brewed in Hebden Bridge, happily close to where Little Miss Idle has recently moved  so a brewery visit is on the cards.
  • Options
    I've recently been buying beers direct from Vocation....thoroughly recommend Bread & Butter, which I first tried in The White Swan a few years ago.
    https://www.vocationbrewery.com/collections/core/products/6pk-bread-butter-3-9-dry-hopped-pale-440ml