Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Having picked up my Trillum order, next stop Lamplighter to get my two subscription bottles. While I’m here I tried the Eminence Front, which is a superb blended sour. 

Nice glass.
  • Options

The only time I use M&S
  • Options
    Having picked up my Trillum order, next stop Lamplighter to get my two subscription bottles. While I’m here I tried the Eminence Front, which is a superb blended sour. 

Nice glass.
    IKEA sell a very similar looking glass
    as a wine glass (unbranded of course)

anyway back to the beer.. not a bad ipa 
  • Options

A cracking pint, a shame The Railway in Bromley charge £5.80
  • Options

Nice glass.
    IKEA sell a very similar looking glass
    as a wine glass (unbranded of course)

anyway back to the beer.. not a bad ipa 
    That's a decent session IPA they do. 
  • Options

Couple of beers I picked up in Norfolk. Pretty decent for session ales
  • Options
    One of my reasons for Fridays Trillium visit was to pick up a couple of bottles of Trillbomb. A collaboration with Prairie Artisan Ales. Very smooth, not too boozy which is my criticism of most Trillium Imperial Stouts. 

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Part 2 of the Trillium pick up - Double Barrel Wild Sinister Kid. A wild ale aged in bourbon and red wine barrels. Weighing in at 15%, it’s a sipper, but it’s beautifully smooth, mildly warming and not over sour. A thing of beauty. 

• Options
    Part 3 of 3 - Lamplighter Luminary V for 2021. Another wild ale, this time a porter. Very reminiscent of original Rodenbach Grand Cru pre Palm takeover. 

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Pregame drinks before the Bruins game. A beautiful Kriek from the Referend Bier Blendery - Krak. 

It’s getting much harder to identify Belgian vs US sours. I would have sworn this was Belgian 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

This is lovely 
  • Options
    What better way to celebrate a Charlton win and Where The Wild Beers Are than a lovely Cantillon Fou’ Foune

• Options
    You have a beer, I'll have the whole damned brewery (almost)

• Options
    Idle Hands is a nice tap room.  Some great beers - Six Seam IPA and of course Charlton Rouge. 
  • Options
    Well of course
  • Options
    Interesting one this - a Gose (not gueuze) with peach. Very lactic, salty, and a sour peach flavour. Feels like tangfastics or similar. One is plenty but I'm enjoying it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

On my way to Morecambe. Stopped off in Sandbach. Couple of these for lunch. Perfect start to the day.
  • Options
    Glass needs a clean.
  • Options

Very tangy and tasty, a shame it was only a swift half before the game yesterday.
  • Options
    Four for £4 in tesco. Great value, and very sessionable at 4%. Nicely hoppy so tastes a bit stronger than it is. I will be topping up.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    One for the Guinness purists and @guinnessaddick. Poured at the Leonardo Hotel Tower Bridge. This was my second pint. The first was served in a Peroni glass. It took the barman about two and a half pints to serve one. I shouldn't really have accepted it but it was great comedy value.

Luckily I had the benefit of being in Dublin last week as well, and enjoyed several more correct pours.

• Options
    And a warning: shared a can of Aldi cherry lager, a Williams brothers offering, with my next door neighbour a couple of nights ago. Utterly vile. Bizarrely, it smelt and tasted of bath soap, imperial leather to be exact.
    Learn from my mistake, kids, and don't share beer with my next door neighbour.
  • Options
    One for the Guinness purists and @guinnessaddick. Poured at the Leonardo Hotel Tower Bridge. This was my second pint. The first was served in a Peroni glass. It took the barman about two and a half pints to serve one. I shouldn't really have accepted it but it was great comedy value.

Luckily I had the benefit of being in Dublin last week as well, and enjoyed several more correct pours.

Do you remember how much they charged for that abomination?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Do you remember how much they charged for that abomination?
    £6.50 plus 12.5% service charge.

We also had lunch there, which was equally amusing. There were 4 of us eating, and they served us 6 main courses - we were the only people in the restaurant. I didn't need pudding...
  • Options
    So £7.30 for 2/3 of a pint. It'd be daylight robbery if you hadn't won it back on the main courses - good work!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    So £7.30 for 2/3 of a pint. It'd be daylight robbery if you hadn't won it back on the main courses - good work!
    Shouldn't make it acceptable, but luckily a work meeting and therefore expensed...