Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    One for the Guinness purists and @guinnessaddick. Poured at the Leonardo Hotel Tower Bridge. This was my second pint. The first was served in a Peroni glass. It took the barman about two and a half pints to serve one. I shouldn't really have accepted it but it was great comedy value.

Luckily I had the benefit of being in Dublin last week as well, and enjoyed several more correct pours.

Do you remember how much they charged for that abomination?
    £6.50 plus 12.5% service charge.

We also had lunch there, which was equally amusing. There were 4 of us eating, and they served us 6 main courses - we were the only people in the restaurant. I didn't need pudding...
    Least surprising part of this post.
  • Options
    One for the Guinness purists and @guinnessaddick. Poured at the Leonardo Hotel Tower Bridge. This was my second pint. The first was served in a Peroni glass. It took the barman about two and a half pints to serve one. I shouldn't really have accepted it but it was great comedy value.

Luckily I had the benefit of being in Dublin last week as well, and enjoyed several more correct pours.

Absolute shocker of a pint. 
  • Options
    To be fair that’s what the punter asked for 
  • Options
    Some people are beyond help.
    Half the pleasure of Guinness is the beer coming through under the foam. 
    **Walks away shaking head**
  • Options
    Guinness - the most overrated beer on the planet. Discuss. 
  • Options
    Can’t stand it 

• Options
    I don’t really understand how it’s become so popular, is it all just clever marketing playing on the Irish angle? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I don’t really understand how it’s become so popular, is it all just clever marketing playing on the Irish angle? 
    Yes because millions of people from around the world drink it because of a marketing angle....

The largest market for Guinness outside of the UK and I is Africa. Their marketing doesn't mention Ireland, because its considered an African beer (note - different "types" of Guinness exist in different markets).

I really enjoy Guinness.
  • Options
    Guinness is ok if there's only fizzy keg beers available, but a pub like that is best avoided.
  • Options

Just had this handed to me as a thank you for looking after their beloved cat for a wee bit longer than expected courtesy of Storm Arwen.
    What a lovely gesture.
    Can’t wait to try it 😍😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got a beer advent calendar this year? Thought I'd mi it up and get a craft cider one. Usually go with beer hawk though
  • Options
    I love a drop of Guinness. I was going to say it's a hard pint to get wrong, but seemingly not by the look of the above. I always choose it as my safe pint if I don't quite trust what might come out of the other taps.
  • Options
    Currently sipping this, Ossett Excelsius, in the State Bar, Glasgow. Very pleasant. Looking forward to a plethora of good beers when down in London next week.
  • Options
    ...and now this, Oakham Sikander. Itshh very, very pleasant.

Oakham never seem to do a bad pint.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    This sounds revolting tbf but was actually really nice.

• Options
    This is nice but definitely a sipper at 10.5%!
  • Options
    Popped into the excellent Brick Brewery taproom last night,

This IPA (“Hop”) was nice

• Options
    The annual year end Lamplighter Brewing Luminary Society gathering. It’s a subscription club for 6 unique beers. Most end up being sours or imperial stouts. At this years event we’ve got 2020 Luminary 1 on draft. The bottle was one of my favorites.  Although it’s listed as cherry and passion fruit, the cherry has really taken over.  It’s an absolute beauty. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the last beer for this years subscription. Imperial stout, loads of vanilla aged in bourbon barrels and a massive 13.8%. Smooth, warming, not at all boozy.  I’m in for another year. 

• Options

A cracking pint, shame it set me back £6.75!
  • Options
    I hope you kept the glass
  • Options
    Gone local, from just up the road in Wimborne. Very decent session beer. 

• Options

This is a very nice Cloudwater IPA, nursing me through day 3 of my Covid isolation period. 
  • Options
    I retired in May. This is my new job. 
    Good lad.
  • Options
    Anybody else made a start on the Christmas ales this weekend?

• Options
    Was looking forward to a trip to Deya’s brewery taproom
    before Cheltenham away on 15/01 but given the covid situation this may be as close as I get…

• Options
    Got a few "golden ales" inuding boon doggle for Christmas from a colleague, about 4.2%. all very pleasant but feels odd to be drinking it after all the various craft beers and sours I've had the past few years!