Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Boom said:
    Since when did beer get so wanky? Stout, bitter or lager. That’s it. And Elf’s - cappacino? Where’s the Waterman’s also?
    Coffee and a beer is very European 
  • Options
    You have a pint and then think oooh I’ll have a coffee now. Really?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    You have a pint and then think oooh I’ll have a coffee now. Really?
    I don't personally 
    But it's quite common 
  • Options
    Not with anyone I know but I’ll take your word for it!
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Since when did beer get so wanky? Stout, bitter or lager. That’s it. And Elf’s - cappacino? Where’s the Waterman’s also?
    I know, the world was at its peak when I was in my heyday and any deviation or social progress from that is a disgrace. 
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    You sound like my grandad who wouldn't eat a curry 
  • Options
    Try stopping me eat a curry!
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Try stopping me eat a curry!
    Good man.
    Maybe a coffee after a meal and drinks is not so bad either 
  • Options
    After a meal - sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:
    Richmond.
    Mrs Elfs was guilty of the hot drink!
  • Options
    Europeans do it all the time its why they can be trusted to have their licensed premises open so late. 

I find it weird, seeing a tray of beers delivered to a table then a round of coffees then beers again then some hot milk 

Imagine that in a wetherspoons over here for a second! Besides anything if you did that in my local the landlady would have you out on your arse for hogging a table
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Europeans do it all the time its why they can be trusted to have their licensed premises open so late. 

I find it weird, seeing a tray of beers delivered to a table then a round of coffees then beers again then some hot milk 

Imagine that in a wetherspoons over here for a second! Besides anything if you did that in my local the landlady would have you out on your arse for hogging a table
    To be fair Wetherspoons is about the only.place that would happen - when someone on Twitter.plays that Wetherspoons ordering app game and gets sent milk, coffee, a side a peas etc.
  • Options
    Proper Job is lovely. I do recommend the Hobgoblin IPA if you get a chance.
  • Options
    Proper Black is top notch too.
  • Options
    What else can you do when Tropical Storm Elsa is paying a visit. 

• Options

Hopefully @PragueAddick will back me up as this being a nice drop.
    In a Paddington boozer at present and managed to get this for £5.  The previous gaff was £6.25 for a London Pilsner, which was not so nice.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @ElfsborgAddick To be honest…it’s decent among a broad selection of Euro beers. But Mad Vincent and I *never* touch the stuff in Prague. Pilsner Urquell from the tank is our choice, different league. And AFAIK you can still get tank PU in London despite the border issues. I’d recommend everyone to seek it out. 

PS. They haven’t given you good head there either. The “two fingers” rule…🤣
  • Options

The service charge explains why I was addressed as Sir!
    @ElfsborgAddick - I live locally in Strawberry Hill and used to pop into the Watermans when we went to the Curzon Richmond across the road. The place had real character and they did a pie and chips deal for a fiver and some decent guest beers in addition to the Youngs range. It shut for a good while but it was apparent when the refurbished finally reopened that Youngs are targeting the expensive food sector of the market - in a similar way to Richard 1st in Greenwich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @ElfsborgAddick To be honest…it’s decent among a broad selection of Euro beers. But Mad Vincent and I *never* touch the stuff in Prague. Pilsner Urquell from the tank is our choice, different league. And AFAIK you can still get tank PU in London despite the border issues. I’d recommend everyone to seek it out. 

PS. They haven’t given you good head there either. The “two fingers” rule…🤣
    They definitely used to do PU Tank at the Draft House on New Street Square pre-pandemic, haven’t been in since then though. 
  • Options
    This was a lovely, smooth, easy drinking drop.

• Options
    Tonight it's leffe blonde and cloudy nine cider from the pinter. It's described as tart. Couldn't be more tart if you put it in fishnets and a pvc skirt. Nice though!
  • Options
    On the stella last night for the first time in years. Forgot what it does to my guts 
  • Options
    Blucher said:

The service charge explains why I was addressed as Sir!
    @ElfsborgAddick - I live locally in Strawberry Hill and used to pop into the Watermans when we went to the Curzon Richmond across the road. The place had real character and they did a pie and chips deal for a fiver and some decent guest beers in addition to the Youngs range. It shut for a good while but it was apparent when the refurbished finally reopened that Youngs are targeting the expensive food sector of the market - in a similar way to Richard 1st in Greenwich
    As another Richmond local I will pipe up in their favour that their beer is really well kept.

If food is a requirement to staying afloat I have no issues with it. It's still not at the high end (cost-wise) of the Richmond pub sector.

Having grown up near the Tolly (does anyone still call the Richard I that?) and made a pilgrimage there with my dad to celebrate the opening up of pubs last summer the two are still remarkably good pubs. 

PS I don't work for Youngs just in case you're all wondering.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

£6.30 in the Shortlands Tavern is a tad strong.
    £3.49 in the Wspoons, a massive difference that explains why they will never be empty.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Not had this for a while, very tasty for a lager.
  • Options

£3.49 in the Wspoons, a massive difference that explains why they will never be empty.
    Be careful, had a pint of the Alcohol Hand Gel once and it’s rank!

Seriously though, they have Neck Oil from Bevertown, if they have Gamma Ray then get a pint of that. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Be careful, had a pint of the Alcohol Hand Gel once and it’s rank!

Seriously though, they have Neck Oil from Bevertown, if they have Gamma Ray then get a pint of that. 
    As thought, the owner of this has the Pelton Arms.  Also owns the Two Doves in Bromley Common, 200 yards from Homesdale FC if you fancy a bit of Kent League groundhopping.