Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Is that vegan?
  • Options
    To be fair though, it looks good - right up my street.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Looking forward to trying these bottled beers from Dunham Massey brewery, who I havent heard of before. Christmas present from little Miss Idle's boyfriend. He's a good lad.
    Looks good!!
  • Options
    Not normally a stout fan at all but this was really exceptional...

...would happily have opened up another straight after finishing this one.

Best beer I've had all year 😉
    Had that last year but my local beer shop didn't restock this year sadly, lovely beer. 
  • Options
    Not normally a stout fan at all but this was really exceptional...

...would happily have opened up another straight after finishing this one.

Best beer I've had all year 😉
    Really like Brew York's stuff, used to have a few of their beers whilst up there for work, before March anyway!
  • Options
    Couple of recent beers.

Top and bottom nice enough. Middle one a Latvian dark lager which was much better than I expected tbh. Maybe a touch on the fizzy side but very smooth and could see yourself getting quite messy without realising it. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sometimes get this from Aldi. 

Not a fan of the Mcewans but the others are ok. 
    80 shilling is a decent drop 
  • Options
    Am slowly working my way through these from left to right, in ascending order of strength (still drinking my normal Rebellion delivered beer too).

Really impressed with the first two. As I've got older I've moved to weaker beers to save my next day head, my favourite local session beer being Brakspears Ordinary, Gravity, as it has been rebranded. 3.4% but tastes stronger due to a decent hoppy bitterness.

Wasnt expecting much from a 2.8% beer, but really enjoyed the Northen Monk Striding Edge. Bright, slightly hazy beer, good bitterness, some citrus but not excessive, a really enjoyable beer that also drinks stronger than it is.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Ready for the match. Probably mentioned these guys somewhere but they’re my local Belgian brewery here in Leytonstone. This is my favourite one of theirs, pink peppercorn rye triple, 7.5%. Liquid heaven.
  • Options
    Looks interesting that. Liking the glass too. 
  • Options
    Bit more conventional for me tonight...

• Options
    Cheeky 10.5% !
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Leeds skyline @Bournemouth Addick (its a northern monk one)
  • Options

Since last Saturday I have rediscovered my booze buds..........in a mild way I must/have to add.

Quality over quantity wins with this baby.
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Stuff like this needs to be drunk like tea and respected.
  • Options
    Leeds skyline @Bournemouth Addick (its a northern monk one)
    Found out the Northern Monk refecrory is about 5 mins walk away from our company's Leeds office. 

Love their beers , been going up there about 3 days a month for 2 years and never knew, then I've discovered it during a bloody lockdown when I'm going nowhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got a Hobson's 12 bottle variety box for my wedding anniversary. This is tonight's tipple, a hoppy red ale, almost a cross between a typical red ale and an East coast IPA with its hoppiness.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Few recent beers of varying enjoyment. 2 of the 4 sours. 

Top two, excellent, (particularly the Duchesse), third nothing special, last one I really didn't enjoy at all. Which is unusual for a Siren for me. 
  • Options
    Not sure if I liked Duchess. It certainly made my head wobbly.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Not sure if I liked Duchess. It certainly made my head wobbly.
    That's why I started using Untappd. Got such a rubbish memory for stuff like that I'd end up buying a beer again that I didn't really rate.

As for the Duchesse I reckon it's one of the best sours around. Just the right amount of tartness for me anyway. 
  • Options
    Put away three litres of Rebellion's Sin Bin, their February brew, between thursday and yesterday. Very easy drinking 4.2% smooth and dark beer, which was gone before i knew it.
    Generally prefer something slightly hoppier, but as a mellow, fireside ale it was spot on.

• Options

Gone local tonight. Brewed by the sister of a friend of mine. Wasn't a great beer when she started the brewery tbf but she's got much better over time. 
  • Options

I got a bit carried away down at the bottle shop. Particularly looking forward to trying the English Trappist beer in the middle
  • Options
    Got one of these Pinters on the go tonight, something about making your own beer! 
  • Options

Gone local tonight. Brewed by the sister of a friend of mine. Wasn't a great beer when she started the brewery tbf but she's got much better over time. 
    Just a glorious picture.
    This thread is salivating