Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    I went to poly uni in Sheffield and reckon the “roger and out” they had was around 15%. Nasty treacle poured up in third pint glasses. 
  • Options

Nice pint at 6%.

Wouldn't say it was particularly Christmassy but you could really enjoy a few of these next to a nice open fire in a country pub with some pork scratchings. 
    Looks like you might have the same set as me, Beers of Europe? I’ve been enjoying the ones I’ve tried so far. 
  • Options

Nice pint at 6%.

Wouldn't say it was particularly Christmassy but you could really enjoy a few of these next to a nice open fire in a country pub with some pork scratchings. 
    Looks like you might have the same set as me, Beers of Europe? I’ve been enjoying the ones I’ve tried so far. 
    Yep. Have got some a la carte Christmas ales lined up from them too for the festive week. Do get the feeling that there's some "stick a Santa Claus on the label, we'll sell it as a Christmas beer" marketing going on tbh. 
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Terrific choice, nice glass as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    2 of the best beers I have had. Please open photo, my iPad doesn’t want to inbed the image?
  • Options

Quite a lot going on with this one but really nice beer and all the better for being brewed literally a 5 minute walk up the road. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    My first sour beer.

absolutely hate it. 

This isn’t a beer in my opinion. 
    You were so right.
    just tried one that was part of a siren craft pack.
    Most definitely the worst “beer” I’ve ever had.
    and I like most of the siren craft brews
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    2 of the best beers I have had. Please open photo, my iPad doesn’t want to inbed the image?
    Not had the Cafe Vlissinghe, but the Brugse Zot is a lovely beer. Had one in the Christmas market in Ghent, got the glass too :)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    My first sour beer.

absolutely hate it. 

This isn’t a beer in my opinion. 
    You were so right.
    just tried one that was part of a siren craft pack.
    Most definitely the worst “beer” I’ve ever had.
    and I like most of the siren craft brews
    I really like sour beer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s just like a rubbish alcopop 

there is no hint of beer in it. 
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Siren and sours so I'm surprised it seems as poor as it sounds. My experience of Siren beers is they're really good with the exception of their weaker session beers, which are fine but by no means exceptional. Weirdly these reviews have made me want to try it!

Sours are not to everyone's taste and require a bit of getting used to before you start to really enjoy them.

• Options
    I don’t think it is Siren sours, I just can’t imagine enjoying any of them. 
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Siren and sours so I'm surprised it seems as poor as it sounds. My experience of Siren beers is they're really good with the exception of their weaker session beers, which are fine but by no means exceptional. Weirdly these reviews have made me want to try it!

Sours are not to everyone's taste and require a bit of getting used to before you start to really enjoy them.

It you weren’t in Bournemouth I’d let you have the other can that’s made it’s way into my beer supplies.
    I don’t think I’d be trying it again 
  • Options
    This was a lovely pale ale. 
  • Options

Another sour. No where near as sour as the other one I had though. 

Still tasted shit though 
  • Options
    Found this one a bit meh. Didn’t dislike it but wouldn’t go out of my way to find it again 
  • Options
    This is one of my faves from the advent calendar. I could get into trouble drinking these. 
  • Options
    Liking the look of that imperial lager. Will try and get hold of that in the New Year. 
  • Options
    Do you guys use Untappd?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sipping this while watching the footy, had a couple of beers from the this brewery (based in North London) and they’ve been decent.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    se9addick said:
    Do you guys use Untappd?
    I started using it a couple of months ago.
    was recommended to me on here .. just got another badge 🙄
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm on it too, again only recently. Don't have a public profile. My memory is so shocking and the range so wide now I've ended up buying beers again that I didn't really rate, so use it as a record of what I've had. 
  • Options

One of these on the go with The Griswolds on the box. Christmas time has officially arrived. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Im laying in a lot of 4%  pale and golden ales with just a couple of strong ones.  I'm sick of making the same mistake every year, feeling messy by 3pm because I've been drinking 7% ales since 11am on top of fizz and probably a single malt or two.  I just don't have the capacity these days.
  • Options
    Yes I'm on Untappd. I tend to only use it when I'm out and forget about it for home drinking. Only 14 check ins this year.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Yes I'm on Untappd. I tend to only use it when I'm out and forget about it for home drinking. Only 14 check ins this year.
    167 unique check ins this year 

• Options
    Embarrassing!

Getting little points for drinking beers that are really pish with a different snazzy label stuck on the bottle each time.

Craft my arse. Get a grip of yourselves.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Sipping this while watching the footy, had a couple of beers from the this brewery (based in North London) and they’ve been decent.

Are you a fan of The Specials?