Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• Have just got a Porter and stout left from
    my siren advent calendar that I know won’t be too keen on. But have had a delivery of 24 craft lagers from bestofBritishbeer.com from work as a Xmas present so suppose better crack on....
  • danny777 said:

My pre-Brexit 15kg case of Belgian beers has arrived from beeronweb.com- just!
    Ordered two weeks ago. I tracked it as far as DPD's depot in Hinckley, from where it was returned to sender. I presume that somebody dropped it and smashed one or several bottles.  I was afraid it would then get caught up in the border chaos.

Largely from La Senne and De Ranke.  I'll drink the lighter beers in the summer, and save the winter/Xmas beers for next winter or the one after.

Yeah yeah, they Will be gone by February 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Have just got a Porter and stout left from
    my siren advent calendar that I know won’t be too keen on. But have had a delivery of 24 craft lagers from bestofBritishbeer.com from work as a Xmas present so suppose better crack on....
    Those poor porters and stouts going to waste!
  • got these beauties and a smoked beer from Germany to keep me company tonight!
  • Does anyone drink lager anymore? I don't generally but usually keep some in the house. Bought some Chang the other day and quite liked it. 
  • Talal said:
    Does anyone drink lager anymore? I don't generally but usually keep some in the house. Bought some Chang the other day and quite liked it. 
    Waitrose doing 6 cans of pilsner urquell for a fiver again, so I've topped up the Christmas supplies by 6, no 12, no 18.
    Currently on Fuller's Porter though, proper fireside beer

• MrOneLung said:

Mr One Lung, if you'd like to donate them to the Essex Home for unwanted Porters and Stouts, I'm sure they'd be very happily accepted ;)
  • Talal said:
    Does anyone drink lager anymore? I don't generally but usually keep some in the house. Bought some Chang the other day and quite liked it. 
    Plenty, but it's a bit like voting Brexit and voting Tory - there is a silent majority that you wouldn't know existed...
  • edited December 2020

Great minds @McBobbin

Not my normal sort of tipple but quite enjoyed it. 
  • edited December 2020
    Talal said:
    Plenty, but it's a bit like voting Brexit and voting Tory - there is a silent majority that you wouldn't know existed...
    In response to this rubbish I'm looking forward to trying one of these that a mate has picked up for me.

Merry Christmas beer enthusiasts, whatever your beer style of choice or indeed political leaning!
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Just had the breakfast stout and it was ok. 
  • danny777 said:

My pre-Brexit 15kg case of Belgian beers has arrived from beeronweb.com- just!
    Ordered two weeks ago. I tracked it as far as DPD's depot in Hinckley, from where it was returned to sender. I presume that somebody dropped it and smashed one or several bottles.  I was afraid it would then get caught up in the border chaos.

Largely from La Senne and De Ranke.  I'll drink the lighter beers in the summer, and save the winter/Xmas beers for next winter or the one after.

My local taproom are Belgians. Born in Belgium brewed in London, solvay society. They had that Berlin beer on the right in bottle a few weeks ago. If you’re ever in Leyton in normal times you should check em out, great beers brewed and imported.
  • edited December 2020

• Great minds @McBobbin

Not my normal sort of tipple but quite enjoyed it. 
    Yes, thought it was very pleasant! And I don't appear to have a hangover
  • First offering from the best of British box. 

A lovely ale. 
    Didn’t really pick up the heather scent though 
  • Enjoying the beers from bestofbritish 

these two were (Xmas) crackers. 

• edited December 2020

Het Anker Cuvée Van Der Kaiser Blue. 9 years old, 11%ABV, been conditioning nicely in the cellar. Malty and port-like, it went well with the Xmas pud.

MrOneLung is wrong to say I'll get through my latest case by February (see above). Over a hundred bottles to get through before it.
  • danny777 said:

Het Anker Cuvée Van Der Kaiser Blue. 9 years old, 11%ABV, been conditioning nicely in the cellar. Malty and port-like, it went well with the Xmas pud.

MrOneLung is wrong to say I'll get through my latest case by February (see above). Over a hundred bottles to get through before it.
    Blimey, you must have been a very good boy for Santa to have brought you one of those!
  • edited December 2020
    danny777 said:

Originally brewed in 1596 to comfort dying people in a hospice.  What a history,  and it looks fabulous.  Can't say I'm not envious. 

[Edit - just treated myself. Got a box of six winging their way to me. Well, waiting to hang about at Dover for a while]
  • The 2011 vintage @stig
  • Sponsored links:

• No, no date specified. Don't think I could afford to be picky about vintages. 
  • Few from my Beers of Europe Christmas box. 

Bottom two nice enough but pretty much decent brown ales with a Christmas label. Top one another level - lots of toffee and caramel flavours with plenty of body at 7%.
  • Was given a couple of these yesterday, I'm no beer connoisseur, any meant to be any good?

• Few from my Beers of Europe Christmas box. 

Bottom two nice enough but pretty much decent brown ales with a Christmas label. Top one another level - lots of toffee and caramel flavours with plenty of body at 7%.
    Don't give Dasher to @oohaahmortimer
  • edited December 2020
    Talal said:
    Was given a couple of these yesterday, I'm no beer connoisseur, any meant to be any good?

Anything free is good mate, enjoy.
  • Talal said:
    Was given a couple of these yesterday, I'm no beer connoisseur, any meant to be any good?

Anything free is good mate, enjoy.
    True! Cheers. 
  • Talal said:

All decent - perhaps not quirky or challenging, but decent...
  • Sometimes get this from Aldi. 

Not a fan of the Mcewans but the others are ok. 
  • Not tried the McEwens and it's been years since I had a Courage Best but I would be very happy to receive that as a present Talal. I've often got a Pedigree or the Hobgoblin Ruby in the fridge. 
  • Old Ale is a style of dark beer. Old Man, a favourite of mine, is brewed at Church Farm, Litlington, East Sussex.
    I received an 8 pint barrel as a present. :smile:   
    Mini Cask Old Man