Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Missed a couple but this one was lovely. 
  • Options
    The can said pour hard and fast which is why the head ended up that big. 
  • Options
    McEwans Headspace
    Sheperds Neame India Pale Ale 
    Old Peculiar
    Guinness Porter

• Options
    Trying a budget beer out of Aldi. This is very good and a similar taste to one of the siren craft brews. Recommended 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Missed a couple but this one was lovely. 
    Had one of those a month or so back. Nice creamy beer. 
  • Options
    It is one of the nitrogenated beers and was very smooth. 
  • Options

Didn't touch the sides.  Romney have offers on at the moment with Fuzzhop, another local brewery from Hythe.
  • Options
    My first sour beer.

absolutely hate it. 

This isn’t a beer in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Couldn’t even finish the sour. 
    This one was much more palatable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    My first sour beer.

absolutely hate it. 

Berliner Weisse is the entry level sour. Cross your fingers they haven't included their Uncle Zester, that is a wild-funk sour mixed with mead. It is the worst Siren beer I've had.

I'm partial to a mariage parfait, it is probably my favourite sour. You'd hate it.
  • Options
    Gotta say, I had no idea Siren did so many different beers...I've been very slack with my beervent postings....will try and remember what Ive had over the last few days and post some pics...
  • Options

Didn't touch the sides.  Romney have offers on at the moment with Fuzzhop, another local brewery from Hythe.
    Hop Fuzz?
  • Options

Hop Fuzz?

Hop Fuzz?

I stand corrected. Yep thanks Neil, must have been the Amber Ale.
  • Options
    Rebellion's seasonal brew for me this week, Wipeout. Pale, crisp ale with decent bitter flavour but not over-hopped or citrussy. At 4.2%, a decent pint or six while watching the football later. Like it a lot for a session beer.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    My first sour beer.

absolutely hate it. 

Berliner Weisse is the entry level sour. Cross your fingers they haven't included their Uncle Zester, that is a wild-funk sour mixed with mead. It is the worst Siren beer I've had.

I'm partial to a mariage parfait, it is probably my favourite sour. You'd hate it.
    Wouldn't be my choice either, particularly if you've never tried a sour. 
  • Options

Few from my Christmas ales selection this week. Probably in descending order of preference by accident. Top two solid 6/10ish. Bottom one far too dark and fizzy for me, more like a keg version - 3/10. 
  • Options

Hop Fuzz?

Hop Fuzz?

I stand corrected. Yep thanks Neil, must have been the Amber Ale.
    Nice beers, had a really nice porter from them in the summer.
  • Options
    Siren imperial stout with coffee and coconut. Didn’t think I would like this but it is not as stouty as I thought it would be. 

Not sure could drink more than one of these at a time though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Siren imperial stout with coffee and coconut. Didn’t think I would like this but it is not as stouty as I thought it would be. 

A weighty 11.4% I'm not sure there are many who could stick on these all night.

• Options
    I didn’t even see the strength !!! 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:

A weighty 11.4% I'm not sure there are many who could stick on these all night.

Quite.  Too many of these and people would be hearing a siren.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

You're only supposed to drink one drink at a time mate - you don't want to be taking a swig of your imperial stout and then a swig of your alcoholic bubble-gum lilt!
  • Options

Nice pint at 6%.

Wouldn't say it was particularly Christmassy but you could really enjoy a few of these next to a nice open fire in a country pub with some pork scratchings. 
  • Options
    I am really enjoying these offerings from siren. 
    Another couple tonight which went down very nicely 
  • Options
    This seems to have turned into a hipster sour craft beer that doesn’t look like beer wank thread.

To get it back on track, I had 5 pints of ktonenbourg (lovely} tonight followed by 3 shit pints of Piss fosters as they were (understandably) runnng the beers down for tier 3.
  • Options
    Where’s the drunk thread?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Another double digit strength offering from Siren and rather nice it was too. 

Could imagine getting a bit messy after a couple of these at a summer bbq 
    This is one of their seasonal releases. Back in 2017 they released a quad version of this. The Kentucky Tickle Monster, it was a weighty 16.3% abv. Insane for style, memory tells me it wasn't one to enjoy.