Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP: Powell expecting player activity

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=39529&headline=Addicks

Sounds like SCP wants a striker and a defender on loan, question is who can we afford? If anyone.

Comments

• Options
    Obika is coming in
  • Options
    Hope not
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Obika is coming in

I wouldn't complain.

If he's good enough for SCP, he's good enough for Fanny.

• Options
    Mmm there are some quality players out there particularly at the likes of Cardiff who have Championship regulars not getting games in the Prem who have much greater experience than Obika. Who knows whether we can afford but the numbers could work if Marvellous could be returned to the Reebok!
  • Options
    Young lad at Wimbledon on fire at the moment. 22 year old 2nd top scorer in the league. Maybe we should make a sneaky bid for him?
  • Options

Young lad at Wimbledon on fire at the moment. 22 year old 2nd top scorer in the league. Maybe we should make a sneaky bid for him?

Good goal he scored at the weekend to, great strength and finish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM08ke8dybM
  • Options
    Michael Mancienne from Hamburg?
  • Options
    Was a decent player Mancienne. It looked like he was going to be a regular for England but his career seems to have faltered.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

At the time SCP said that this is his big chance, he has to take it. Many would suggest that he has done exactly that.

• Options
    Is Ebanks-Blake fit yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it would be wrong on young smithy to pull him back before the loan ran till January, every game he is becoming more and more comfortable and confident, the timing of his recall is pivitol in his development, if we get that right we will reap the seeds
  • Options

I think it would be wrong on young smithy to pull him back before the loan ran till January, every game he is becoming more and more comfortable and confident, the timing of his recall is pivitol in his development, if we get that right we will reap the seeds

Assuming we can recall him. Ditto sending Sordell back. Depends on how the deal was done and what was agreed and paid for.
  • Options

Agree totally. It will coincide with our cup run!

• Options
    And #cafc boss Chris Powell wants to loan out holding midfielder Diego Poyet.
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Fresh rumours that Sunderland boss Gus - Poyet's dad - set to bid for him in January. But Powell confident that is not the case. #cafc

Powell: "I know Gus and if he wanted to do something then he'd give me a call." #cafc
  • Options

And #cafc boss Chris Powell wants to loan out holding midfielder Diego Poyet.

Fresh rumours that Sunderland boss Gus - Poyet's dad - set to bid for him in January. But Powell confident that is not the case. #cafc

Powell: "I know Gus and if he wanted to do something then he'd give me a call. Can someone get that bloody phone please." #cafc

• Options
    Is Diego Poyet really capable of playing in the Premier league?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Who knows. Not yet but he's only 17/18, he's played for England and maybe with a loan out to a league 1 or league 2 club he'll make a step up.

• Options
    Chunes said:

He will be.
    Chunes said:

• Options

completely agree.
  • Options
    Obika all day long pls. (if fit)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obika is no better than Sordell
  • Options
    agree
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Obika is no better than Sordell

Bollox IMO.

• Options
    You are entitled to your opinion.

Obika is still no better than Sordell though.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

You are entitled to your opinion.

Obika is still no better than Sordell though.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    You are more than welcome
  • Options
    Agree totally. It will coincide with our cup run!

Which game will our cup run be this season ?
  • Options
    we need a direct replacement for yann a big lump im confident that both church and sordell would be better alongside a player of that ilk. They don't work together sc and ms but both would do a job alongside yann or another im sure
  • Options
    @dickplumb

great shout re Michael Mancienne. 21 appearances last season and jack this season. injured?

i would love to see the alliterative of MM with MM at centre back. would dovetail perfectly. styles make partnerships.

so thats CB sorted. upfront? Defoe on loan....ha ha ha ha. 6 goals in first 6 goals, all is forgiven JD.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Dizzle said:

Is Ebanks-Blake fat yet?

Corrected for you.

Despite the flippancy there is an underlying serious point re his fitness generally as well as his recovery from longterm injury.