Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP: Powell expecting player activity

Comments

• Options

@dickplumb

great shout re Michael Mancienne..

Oi! : - )

• Options
    Granpa said:

Agree totally. It will coincide with our cup run!

Which game will our cup run be this season ?

It's usually the Huddersfield match isn't it?
  • Options
    I've heard Rudy Gestede from Cardiff is available. Good cover for Kermo imo.
    Interesting comment about Slater on the SLP article
  • Options
    "1 comments on this sport item
    Posted by : Crabbers, Kent | Monday 18/Nov/2013 | Report this comment
    Apparently michael slater was showing a group of suits around the training ground today. I’m told it will be new owners by next Thursday never mind new players"

We shall see
  • Options
    here we go again.....
  • Options
    Obika did a good job for us last season, so no need to assume he won't this. Is a safer bet than many!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

I think it would be wrong on young smithy to pull him back before the loan ran till January, every game he is becoming more and more comfortable and confident, the timing of his recall is pivitol in his development, if we get that right we will reap the seeds

Unfortunately, he's cup tied. So he will be playing the same number of cup games as the rest of the squad. (i.e. one!)
  • Options

pettgra said:

I think it would be wrong on young smithy to pull him back before the loan ran till January, every game he is becoming more and more comfortable and confident, the timing of his recall is pivitol in his development, if we get that right we will reap the seeds

Unfortunately, he's cup tied. So he will be playing the same number of cup games as the rest of the squad. (i.e. one!)
    It works out cheap though. You underestimate them, we may get a replay out of it!

• Options

Apparently michael slater was showing a group of suits around the training ground today. I’m told it will be new owners by next Thursday never mind new players"

We shall see

I was down the training ground earlier and there were indeed a group of suits, there was also a lot of tidying up with hedges being cut etc. When I left at half time the U18s were 1-0 down to Southampton.

Ps I didn't see Slater.

• Options
    Anyone heard of a kid called adam morgan, meant to be class and has just been released by liverpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'kin Obika

he was alright, but its like there is literally only one player in the world.

Reminds me of a Walkers ad briefing when someone repeatedly says for 20 years 'how about Gary Linekar?'

• Options

Anyone heard of a kid called adam morgan, meant to be class and has just been released by liverpool

No but wiki say....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Morgan_(English_footballer)
  • Options

'kin Obika

he was alright, but its like there is literally only one player in the world.

Reminds me of a Walkers ad briefing when someone repeatedly says for 20 years 'how about Gary Linekar?'

1. He's been here before

2. He is a known personality and Powell likes that

3. He has a song

• Options
    I'd take lineker
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

We shall see

I was down the training ground earlier and there were indeed a group of suits, there was also a lot of tidying up with hedges being cut etc. When I left at half time the U18s were 1-0 down to Southampton.

Ps I didn't see Slater.

Planning officers from RBG looking at the new training facility plans or minted foreign buyers?
  • Options
    schlupp schlupp lots of schlupp.

however, now starting for the Foxes so no chance. must say, he has been very impressive from what ive seen on FLS. is he a left back or a striker?

realistically, id like to see someone who would fit into the system. we dont have the gameplan for a striker who needs to be set up, we need someone who is going to cause problems of his own accord (i.e. Ricardo Fuller in a nutshell). for this reason, we could do worse then get Aaron Mclean on loan. proven at champs, lost his way but he can be a terrier on his day.
  • Options
    Really don't think Obika is all that. He scored a couple of important goals, but didn't strike me as someone who would actually improve the team. He would just be another player in EXACTLY the same mould as Sordell (ie - doesn't do anything for very long periods of games and no stand out traits to his game).
  • Options
    As I said, Obika is no better than Sordell
  • Options
    agree. for me very much a similar sort of player. will finish most presentable chances but will not engineer the presentation of such chances.

given our holding game (i wont call it counter attacking as we arent breaking with as much pace as id like to see) we need CFs who can keep backlines distracted. fuller and haynes were jolly good at that, haynes for his pace and fuller because he is an absolute monster of a player at champs. i am sure most CBs would cite him as their most difficult player faced last season.

however, downside was that it doesnt matter how good you are if you are crocked too often.
  • Options
    Obika didn't get many opportunities with us. He made the most of the ones he did get, and when he was finally given a start I thought he did improve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dizzle said:

As I said, Obika is no better than Sordell

agree
  • Options
    O b o b Obika
  • Options
    With the new owners coming in we will be in the market for the top players.
  • Options
    been here before, believe it when its on the OS

:)
  • Options
    Sooner people forget Obika the better !!!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

With the new owners coming in we will be in the market for the top players.

That is also what I heard.;-)
  • Options
    In the words of that immortal song.

Once bitten twice shy, babe
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

In the words of that immortal song.

Once bitten twice shy, babe

so your basically advocating we need to sign Hoffenheim striker Anthony MODESTE and his brother to get twice shy or thereabouts?

• Options
    Well, CP knows all about Obika and what he can do. Question is whether he/the board have the confidence/money to take a gamble on a more unknown quantity who may or may not prove better. I imagine there will be a few strikers knocking about the lower half of the premiership fit for purpose should we have the cash.
    A defender would also be very useful, an old head rather than an up-and-comer though. The defence is pretty solid, we'd need someone who can step in with relative ease (like Cort did last season) rather than needing to be eased in
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Really don't think Obika is all that. He scored a couple of important goals, but didn't strike me as someone who would actually improve the team. He would just be another player in EXACTLY the same mould as Sordell (ie - doesn't do anything for very long periods of games and no stand out traits to his game).

As did Dany N'guessan the previous season. Both were brought in for the final push and both done okay. Rather stick with our own. Piggot/Smith etc will need games to improve. Been impressed with Smith at Dons, so maybe he's a better option than a loan player?