Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your username explained

Comments

• Options
    My name is Paul and I sit in the West Stand :-)
  • Options
    i am really the prime minister and thought that the first 3 letters of my user name meant lots of love until i was patronisingly corrected by some ginger bird with long curly hair ...the last part is actually my surname when i am not working as the premier and reverting to gadding around se london ...cmon wiggo old chap !

• Options
    Some gaff in essex
  • Options
    JT said:

I'm John Terry

Joss Stone !! ;-)
  • Options
    Hooiveld
  • Options

SE10 said:

When I served in Afghan.

Just gone up a tiny bit in my estimation! :-)
    Agreed
    Now if he only supported a proper football team, and wasnt a Norvern Monkee he'd be a top bloke! ;o)
  • Options
    My name is Neil.

I si in the North Lower.

I wasn;t having a very inspired day.
  • Options
    My name is Matt and I'm slim. It's sort of ironic. I didn't give it much thought!!!
  • Options
    P*lace once lost 9-0 at Anfield (September '89 if I recall correctly) and 8 different Liverpool players got on the scoresheet. In goal for P*lace that evening was Perry Suckling. We still sing about it (not often enough if you ask me.)
  • Options

P*lace once lost 9-0 at Anfield (September '89 if I recall correctly) and 8 different Liverpool players got on the scoresheet. In goal for P*lace that evening was Perry Suckling. We still sing about it (not often enough if you ask me.)

Agreed - let's get this going on Sep 14th !!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Perry Suckling song is legendary. Shame it only seems to come out for special occasions. Heard it at Preston away last season!

My name's Tom, and I support Crewe Alexandra
  • Options
    I live in BR7 and I am an Addick
  • Options

I live in BR7 and I am an Addick

Never....well you could have fooled me!

• Options
    remember a cup game where there were loads of the yoof singing 'Perry Sutcliffe'
  • Options
    My old twitter name... (now @FlipsideSam)
  • Options

remember a cup game where there were loads of the yoof singing 'Perry Sutcliffe'

Really? Then we clearly don't sing it enough. I'd also like to bring back the old Suzanne Vega number, Tom's Diner. "We are Charlton from The Valley" on loop. But that's probably for another thread.

• Options
    I couldn't fit my BBC606 name on here (I say Semedo, you say Semado, let's call the whole thing off), so in a panic chose this name. Can't think of any real reason I chose it though.
  • Options
    Peter ---> Pierre ---> P_Air.

I blame Sco for this moniker.
  • Options
    HandG stands for Horse and Groom, the (very much closed down) pub I used to frequent on match days-chose the name when I posted on NA and kept it on Charlton Life. Don't know why because I never even liked the place.
  • Options
    HandG said:

HandG stands for Horse and Groom, the (very much closed down) pub I used to frequent on match days-chose the name when I posted on NA and kept it on Charlton Life. Don't know why because I never even liked the place.

I loved that pub. Wish it was still there.

I can be found in The Swan in the village on match days now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My name is scabbyhorse, i was hungry at the time.
  • Options

HandG said:

I loved that pub. Wish it was still there.

I can be found in The Swan in the village on match days now.

Was a regular in the H and G 92-99. Had many a giggle in there.
  • Options
    Started supporting Charlton in the Selhurst days. John Humphrey quickly became my favourite player. To me he was solid, industrious, did his job well and as quick as a whippet. How Mel Sterland made the England squad ahead of him is beyond me.
    Also reminds me of a time when we really were in the shit but pulled ourselves out of it because of players like Humphrey.
  • Options
    I lived in Oliver Street (off Maxey Road, Plumstead) until 1968. A 2-up-2-down terraced house with an outside loo in a street where everyone knew each other. The old Victorian neighbourhood was flattened and 'redeveloped'
  • Options
    Sir Alan Curbishley, shortened after watching The Apprentice a while back when Alan Sugar was called " Sralan" although don't know why as he was never a Sir. Confused??? Me too.
  • Options
    It is not always the case that the man may choose the name, sometimes the name chooses the man.
  • Options
    Mine is a nod to the Steven Gerrard song "there's only one Stevie G" that the scousers sing as my first name is Steve and surname initial is G. And that's where the similarity ends!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    My name is taken from an instrumental track from the second best band of all time, The Smiths.

In turn Morrissey named the track to highlight a practice and specifically a certain piece of equipment used in a standardised toxicity test predominantly for the cosmetics industry where rabbits are used.
    The test itself was devised by a bloke named John H Draize back in the 1940's and became known as `The Draize Test'.
    A number of rabbits would be securely fastened into one specific piece of equipment that would act similar to a conveyer belt allowing the toxicologist to perform multiple experiments in one sitting. Simply pressing a button and the next unfortune bunny would appear in front of him/her. The main bulk of these experiments involve chemical testing on the rabbits eyes.....and the conveyer belt like contraption is known as `The Draize Train'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbmL6GIlTI4

• Options
    Sold peanuts at the Valley early sixties
  • Options
    Ever shouted the phrase "Give it some welly"? To me that means forget football and just boot it upfield. Hence Welly.